No announcement yet.

Dean Wade, 6-7 Class of 2015 to Kansas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll learn quickly in practice that if he goes down like that on a 170-180 pounder that he'll always be on the ground when a 240-250 pounder comes to block his stuff on the way to the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      It looks like he'll need to work on selling his flops as well. :glee:
      I'm not so sure that was a flop. I think he lagitimately bounced off the other player and fell down. But he also bounced right back-up, which is a good start. Seriously though, I liked his drive to the basket with the flush. I'd also bet Tyrone Shoelace would be impressed with the big man pulling off that sweet crossover.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

@ebosshoops: Dean Wade of Mid Kansas is starting to draw a lot of coaches. Kansas State, Kansas, Wichita State, Tulsa, UTEP and more
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

An update on Wade:

Comment

This kid is a small town Kansan that projects as a 6-9, 225 lb stretch four with ball skills and quickness. He'll likely be a top 150 type of player and should be highly sought after by our coaching staff.

We look to be pretty flush in the front court next year and have only one or two schollies to give (If Baker leaves that would open up a second/third, and usually there is one more departed). Would love to see Wade and one of the top 50-100 wings sign up to play in Wichita. Specifically, Dozier, Trier and Bacon have a legit shot at a McD's AA spot…and possibly Donovan Mitchell as well (more likely to end up as a top 50).

I'm REALLY hoping that our trifecta of prep school freshmen are as advertised. Kelly, Nurger, and Brown should all be ready to contribute from day one and keep the momentum going!
            Livin the dream

Comment

@coreyevans_10: Vanderbilt has offered 2015 Mid Kansas Elite forward Dean Wade

@coreyevans_10: TCU has now offered 2015 Mid Kansas Elite forward Dean Wade

@coreyevans_10: Wade also holds offers from likes of Kstate, Wichita State, Washington State and Iowa. The find of Vegas this past week!

Comment

I would suspect BGSU has also offered. Coach Jans loved this kid and we've been in on him since day 1.

Comment

Mytisse Thybulle both were quite intriguing in Las Vegas and are now under consideration for the top 100, as are Kerwin Roach, Matt Neufeld, Jacob Evans and Dean Wade.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/14...ampaign=buffer

Comment

We need to lock up Wade!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I would love to get Wade this year and another rural Kansas kid next year.

Comment

Certainly, you don't turn down this kind of talent. That said, I'm looking at our situation for next year, and guessing that Eric Hamilton indeed comes back next year, that leaves with 1-2 scholarships (depending on Ron), and given our depth chart, we almost need to fill both spots with guards. Don't get me wrong. This kid would be a great get. I am just curious how the puzzle will fit. That's why 3G makes the big bucks, not me.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          Certainly, you don't turn down this kind of talent. That said, I'm looking at our situation for next year, and guessing that Eric Hamilton indeed comes back next year, that leaves with 1-2 scholarships (depending on Ron), and given our depth chart, we almost need to fill both spots with guards. Don't get me wrong. This kid would be a great get. I am just curious how the puzzle will fit. That's why 3G makes the big bucks, not me.
                          You're forgetting the one player that leaves (or gets pushed out the door) almost every year. That being said, if someone was to leave after this season, the odds would have to be on a big man. I would think 2 or 3 scholarships at the end of this season after all is said is done, is the safest bet.

Comment

For now, we should assume that WSU will have at least two scholarships to fill next year (Cotton's and Carter's). If Baker does indeed leave early -- wouldn't that make him the first since Levingston, who left because of the probation? -- there will be a third, and that's assuming everyone able to come back does so, which seldom seems to happen.

Right now we have no idea how the 14 into 13 situation, if indeed it is one (Marshall certainly doesn't seem at all concerned) will be resolved, and one of the seniors is a big. So while it's true that WSU seems well supplied with bigs, considering that there are offers out to some 2015 guys who aren't guards, it certainly appears that they're willing to take someone with size to succeed Carter on the roster.

By the way, 02 -- who can you think of that has been "pushed out the door" under Marshall, and what evidence do you have for believing that he was?

Comment

A lot of us forget this will be wessel's academic senior year. We don't know for certain he'll be back. There are so many moving parts and I'm sure that's why the coaching staff is pursuing every position. Just in case spots open up, we all know Marshall likes the bench full.
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                For now, we should assume that WSU will have at least two scholarships to fill next year (Cotton's and Carter's). If Baker does indeed leave early -- wouldn't that make him the first since Levingston, who left because of the probation? -- there will be a third, and that's assuming everyone able to come back does so, which seldom seems to happen.

Right now we have no idea how the 14 into 13 situation, if indeed it is one (Marshall certainly doesn't seem at all concerned) will be resolved, and one of the seniors is a big. So while it's true that WSU seems well supplied with bigs, considering that there are offers out to some 2015 guys who aren't guards, it certainly appears that they're willing to take someone with size to succeed Carter on the roster.

By the way, 02 -- who can you think of that has been "pushed out the door" under Marshall, and what evidence do you have for believing that he was?
                                watcher,

It was just announced today that Hamilton is going to Sunrise and will join the Shockers next season. So assuming EH will be a Shocker, we inevitably have one '15 scholarship.

Regarding players being "pushed out the door," I don't have any evidence. Although it has been discussed on here many times. Personally in my opinion, I don't think Derail voluntarily wanted to transfer. I believe he enjoyed being at WSU and Wichita. Jake White, Trent Richardson, Jerome Hamilton, James Anacreon, are some others that transferred out of the program during HCGM's tenure. Each of those guys probably had their own reasons to leave. It happens almost every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X