Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d prefer to get a sophomore as our backup big. It’s a tough sell for Mills. Who takes that spot isn’t going to start with a healthy QB. You’re probably going to get 12-15 minutes a game. More if there is foul trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
      I’d prefer to get a sophomore as our backup big. It’s a tough sell for Mills. Who takes that spot isn’t going to start with a healthy QB. You’re probably going to get 12-15 minutes a game. More if there is foul trouble.
      We can't be that picky

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

From researching your posts/POV, it appears to me you became really sore at others, when Pohto decided to leave and many on here disagreed with you regarding his basketball value to WSU.

I had high hopes for Pohto when he signed, based on my mistaken opinion that he was a 6’10 Center that would grow into a good 3 point shooter. That never happened.
        Who's gonna take his spot coming off the bench?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Who's gonna take his spot coming off the bench?
          We can put a 6'4" guy there, I guess, if he has enough heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            I'll just go ahead and date myself. I was there when the "roundhouse" opened. Maybe it's because I've experienced our great past programs first hand that my expectations are set higher than most. I doubt there are many that have watched more Shocker basketball than myself. Yes, I want a high bar for this program and in today's world with 1800 portal transfers it's possible to happen quite quickly. I'm just not seeing any positive evidence here. Even in the 90's I don't remember such small crowds and dwindling interest. KP himself was never the issue for me. I don't believe he was well coached or played properly. I don't believe AM was well coached even with Marshall. I am just hoping we can find TWO quality front court players and the two new back court one's pan out as well as most of you think they will. I see the potential for a lot of mishandling of and unhappiness of at least four of the eight guards on board. Only time will tell.
            Agree totally with KP not being coached properly, nor was AM. I'm surprised he (AM) didn't transfer right after that embarrassment of a game against OU on national TV instead of later, like he rightly did (it turned out pretty good for him anyone would admit).

Comment

• Tulsa making a last second play here. Mills would lose a lot of confidence from me if he lets him get away there.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Tulsa making a last second play here. Mills would lose a lot of confidence from me if he lets him get away there.
                Oh yea .. losing a recruit to Tulsa is a non starter here .. That shouldn't happen unless we stop recruiting them (which i don't think is the case here)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Oh yea .. losing a recruit to Tulsa is a non starter here .. That shouldn't happen unless we stop recruiting them (which i don't think is the case here)
                  Yeah I don’t really hold McBride against Mills. Someone staying home makes sense to me.

Losing Washington to Tulsa is a much different story.

Classes don’t get defined by one recruit and we won’t win every battle, even against schools with less resources.

But IMO we should be able to beat Tulsa 9.9/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                    Tulsa making a last second play here. Mills would lose a lot of confidence from me if he lets him get away there.
                    Yeah that may burst my bubble....which is almost unburstable just because I give a lot of leniency I feel like and a lot of chances.

Not because I think Washington is THE difference maker. But because.....it's.....freakin.....Tulsa!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• To go along with my post. Also want to say… don’t really agree with all the negativity in general.

I think we’re 2-2 on pretty damn good gets and I think we’ll be maybe considerably better than last year… IF we get contributors with our last 2.

I think the 4 incoming guys in 2024-25 are some of the best we’ve had in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        To go along with my post. Also want to say… don’t really agree with all the negativity in general.

I think we’re 2-2 on pretty damn good gets and I think we’ll be maybe considerably better than last year… IF we get contributors with our last 2.

I think the 4 incoming guys in 2024-25 are some of the best we’ve had in a while.
                        I lean the way you feel as well as of right now.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• The only known recruiting possibilities are conjecture from primarily Twitter follows. Is it possible we don’t know who might be coming in until it is announced? I am thinking this weekend or early next week we may know a lot more than this board is speculating on. But I could be dead wrong too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                            The only known recruiting possibilities are conjecture from primarily Twitter follows. Is it possible we don’t know who might be coming in until it is announced? I am thinking this weekend or early next week we may know a lot more than this board is speculating on. But I could be dead wrong too.
                            It could happen. Didn't it happen last year with someone also? Wasn't really on our radar until it happened. Maybe I am misremembering

Comment

• Washington may be looking for a coach that will guarantee him a starting spot. I would not jump to the conclusion that Mills can’t recruit just because a player doesn’t come here. Us fans aren’t privy to whatever conversations/negotiations happen behind the scenes.

Comment

• Whatever the reason I won't judge PM on one recruit but the full body of work and that requires a quality big man or two. Portal is getting pretty picked over when it comes to centers.

Comment

Working...
                                X