Hey Doc! I can exhale now.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Hey Doc! I can exhale now.

Shows what I know....which as usual isn't much.

Comment

It's been a long time since we've signed a Freshman center. Welcome to Shocker Nation, Shaq!
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Yippeee, Skipeee, Mississippi!!! Shaq is a playa!!! This news is finer than a frog-hair. Sign solid High School recruits early and fill-in-the-blanks if needed during the late signing period. We will lose some bigs, so this is cool, very cool.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Big bodied freshman will be able to learn the game behind Lufile and Coleby for a year...should be good early though.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

WTF! This guy's a HS senior? I would have bet my left nard he was a Juco with his size. To have his ups and size out of HS with Rosenboom patiently waiting for him in the weight room, I'm experiencing some blood pressure equalization problems below the belt if you know what I mean..

It's a great friggin' day to be a Shocker!

T

...:cool:

Comment

Looks like a real good get for the Shocks. I hope Shaqille tears it up on the court and works hard in the classroom. If he doesn't do the latter he will find that Coach Marshall knows the meaning of tough love (isn't that right Joe?).

From the video Shaq looks like he has a real good feel for the game. I think he can and will develop into an excellent MVC front court player.

Hopefully, Mom and his siblings will get to see him play up close and personal in Koch Arena on a regular basis.

Congrats to Shaquille and congrats to the Shocker coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        I would have bet my left nard he was a Juco with his size.
                        Dang, Cold, how many of those things do you have anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Dang, Cold, how many of those things do you have anyway?
                          I know right?

T

Comment

Edmond (Okla.) Memorial center Shaq Morris committed to Wichita State’s men’s basketball program on Monday. Before he earned a scholarship offer from WSU, he needed to show coach Gregg Marshall he would work hard.

Morris did that when Marshall visited a Memorial practice. Marshall came away convinced, coach Shane Cowherd said, opening the way for Monday’s non-binding commitment to WSU. Morris plans to sign a national letter of intent in November.

“Shaq has not had the best reputation for work ethic,” Cowherd said. “What (Marshall) was able to see was that some of that past, founded or unfounded, is not necessarily the case and the future could be really, really bright.”

Morris (6-foot-8, 262 pounds) said Cowherd deserves credit for pushing him. He transferred from Edmond Santa Fe to play his senior season under Cowherd.

“I have no choice but to stay focused,” he said. “He never lets up and that’s a good thing.”

Morris averaged 13.6 points and 8 rebounds for Edmond Santa Fe as a junior, earning honorable mention All-Class 6A recognition. OKHoops.com ranks him the No. 5 senior in Oklahoma. Rivals.com rates him a two-star prospect on a five-star scale.

“(Morris) is an explosive and strong player that loves to finish with authority at the rim,” according to OKHoops.com’s evaluation. “Morris is also starting to develop a more consistent jumper … and an improved motor on both ends of the floor.”

Morris announced the decision on Newsok.com. Cowherd and four family members accompanied him. After he chose WSU over Oral Roberts, he pulled out a Shocker hat for the camera.

"The program is wonderful,” Morris said on the Newsok.com webcast. “They’ve got good fans, good everything. It’s the perfect place to get me better."

Morris is named for former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal. His grandmother chose the name and Morris likes the comparison to one of the NBA’s top physical presences.

“It’s special,” he said. “I’m ready to bang. I’m going for every single rebound.”

Cowherd describes Morris as a back-to-the basket scorer who is naturally strong without much effort in the weight room. He is working on getting leaner and spending more time lifting, Cowherd said.

“Wichita State is getting a kid who is just now starting to tap into some of the physical promise he has,” Cowherd told Newsok.com. “He’s very explosive, and his quickness belies his size. He’s so physically strong, but he’s very quick, almost cat-quick at times. He’s very mobile, and he’s starting to tap into those tools.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/10/22/254...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Get to know Edmond Memorial Class of 2013 big man Shaquille Morris and watch him break down his top two college choices, Oral Roberts and Wichita State.

Comment

Looks like a solid get.

Welcome to WSU, Shaq!
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X