Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bijan Cortes | 6' 3" - G | OU Transfer | SHOCKER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Committed!
    Livin the dream

Comment

Not sure where some keep saying BC is not starter quality. Watching some of his game in HS and at OU you can see he has plenty of skills and appears to play for the team. The only negative I saw was that he looked a bit slow on the defensive end.
      I believe he will compete for a starting spot regardless of who else HC brings in.

Comment

He’s crafty and clever like Fred.

He doesn’t need to be a killer athlete to be successful.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
          Not sure where some keep saying BC is not starter quality. Watching some of his game in HS and at OU you can see he has plenty of skills and appears to play for the team. The only negative I saw was that he looked a bit slow on the defensive end.
          I believe he will compete for a starting spot regardless of who else HC brings in.
          Cortes is good and this is a quality commitment. Too many look at BC’s statistics and lose sight of the quality he brings. I’m not going to get into a starter debate, but I could see a good tandem of Cortes and Abmas playing at the same time. We have more Players who are considered Junior eligible than I’d prefer, but they are quality talents.

Comment

Get used to the upperclassman heavy rosters in the NIL world. It’s an ugly consequence.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Get used to the upperclassman heavy rosters in the NIL world. It’s an ugly consequence.
              Yes that’s why I used the term “prefer”. In the past, player unhappiness was less likely. Now, there’s bound to be someone that’s unhappy, maybe really unhappy.

Comment

Get Abmas and a 4, and then I say take flyers on younger guys.
                The Assman

Comment

The needle moves for me a little with Cortes, think he is going to be a fun player to watch.

Comment

Was this guy a back-up at OU? The times I watched the Sooners play this kid didn't remotely stand out in any facet of the game. Maybe an insurance policy.

Comment

Because he wasn’t selfish like others on that Sooners team….
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Was this guy a back-up at OU? The times I watched the Sooners play this kid didn't remotely stand out in any facet of the game. Maybe an insurance policy.
                        Yes, backup to Sherfield. He needs court time but he’s a big time winner, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          Could be a lot of things causing this. None of us will probably ever know. I hope he was just underutilized and Mills can help him break out.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Comment

From WSU website. Done deal

Bijan Cortes made his Wichita State commitment official on Friday (4/21) by signing a financial aid agreement.

Comment

Nice article about Cortes

Comment

Working...
                                X