Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bijan Cortes | 6' 3" - G | OU Transfer | SHOCKER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    I'm sure the NCAA will do everything in their power to complete their review of the Cortez case by March 31.
    Nah, they will make the decision the day before our last game .. and also state that because the waiver was granted before the end of the season, he must use his year of eligibility this year or lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      When does Fall semester end?

I know they are still hopeful for him to play for the Winter semester.
      Last day fo finals are December 14th. Not sure when final grades have to be in. Fall Commencement is on December 17th so the grades would have to be in by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nah, they will make the decision the day before our last game .. and also state that because the waiver was granted before the end of the season, he must use his year of eligibility this year or lose it.
        Not sure but someone previously stated that he cannot have this year back no matter what his status is due to it being a covid year of eligibility .. Could be totally wrong but that was the way I understood a previous explanation.

Comment

Like Kung Wu said, you have to wonder that as much as we get rejected by NCAA, a large part of the problem is us.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Not sure but someone previously stated that he cannot have this year back no matter what his status is due to it being a covid year of eligibility .. Could be totally wrong but that was the way I understood a previous explanation.
            I believe that is incorrect. He does not have a Covid year of eligibility. He started at Oklahoma in 2021-22 the year after the Covid year. He played 30 games that year and in 29 games in 2022-23 (last year). So he has used up 2 years of eligibility. He is operating under the 5 years to play 4 rule. So coming into to WSU he has 3 years to play 2. So even if he misses this year he will have 2 years of eligibility left if he does not play this year and 1 more year of eligibity if he does play.

I really hate this Covid extra year crap. Should neve have been granted. I believe this is the last year that you will have the option to use the extra Covid year next year if the athlete chooses to use it. That will no longer be available (in the great majority of cases) next year. We will be back to the way it was pre-Covid except for the transfer rules and NIL.
            You would think the phase out of the extra Covid year of eligibility will also reduce the volume of grad transfers we are seeing with the extra Covid year.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 3, 2023, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I agree with what DrWu said a while back. Immediately after he finishes whatever final, suit him up and get him in the next game. If needed, ask for forgiveness later. (somewhat kidding, but not much).

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                I agree with what DrWu said a while back. Immediately after he finishes whatever final, suit him up and get him in the next game. If needed, ask for forgiveness later. (somewhat kidding, but not much).
                Or forfeit the games later if need be. Who cares this year. Would be nice to have 2 or 3 games under his belt before we start AAC play.

However, the NCAA might be pissed off enough at KU that they will rule Bijan ineligible, force the Shocks to forfeit any wins, and then rule that since Bijan played in games this year that he has used up another year of eligibility and only has 1 year left.

Comment

There is no reason whatsoever to follow any NCAA rules. That charade is over. Just do whatever you want. Nobody cares about any NCAA penalties, so why bother being scared of them? What are the harshest penalties the NCAA can dish out?

Forfeiture of games? No one cares. Literally everyone pretends those games still counted.

Loss of scholarships? Who cares. It's 2023. Just slush fund that money from scholarships to NIL.

Amateur athletics is dead. Quit following the 'rules' like it isn't.

Comment

Grades are not due until the 19th although grading submissions start tomorrow.

Comment

I'm sure that any thing the ncaa could do could be challenged in court and held up for years in litigation.

Comment

They let KU off the hook, so they are just waiting for a chance to give us the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          They let KU off the hook, so they are just waiting for a chance to give us the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            There is no reason whatsoever to follow any NCAA rules. That charade is over. Just do whatever you want. Nobody cares about any NCAA penalties, so why bother being scared of them? What are the harshest penalties the NCAA can dish out?

Forfeiture of games? No one cares. Literally everyone pretends those games still counted.

Loss of scholarships? Who cares. It's 2023. Just slush fund that money from scholarships to NIL.

Amateur athletics is dead. Quit following the 'rules' like it isn't.

It's kind of like the matrix, red pill blue pill thing. You can take one or the other, but not both. You decide. You either see something like this....

Or you see just how wonderful amateur athletics (gymnastics, volleyball, basketball, lacrosse) can be, like visitors to the candy thread on Shockernet see occasionally. All big NIL earners.

My apologies, I just couldn't resist.

Comment

My contributions might go up, if my investment was getting that kind of return!
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                My contributions might go up, if my investment was getting that kind of return!
                                We're still talking monetary here right?

Comment

Working...
                                X