Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaykwon Walton - 6'7" Forward - Shelton State CC Class of 2022 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JW is going to have a hard time getting a waiver to play next year. I’m sure he’s aware of the newly modified rules.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      I’ll repost here what I said in another thread… PM said on Sports Daily he wants guys who are committed to Wichita State.

I have a distinct feeling he’s not going to be begging anyone to come back.

I would hope PM will “recruit” him from the portal, but if JW makes any inklings that he wants to stay and test the waters in the portal still after their meeting… I have a feeling he won’t be a Shocker next year.
      We are paying HCPM a lot of money. Part of that money is because it's his job to convince good players they want to be committed to WSU. So I sure hope JW is back.

Comment

It's possible JW is more committed to WSU than he was to the previous HC.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We are paying HCPM a lot of money. Part of that money is because it's his job to convince good players they want to be committed to WSU. So I sure hope JW is back.
          You can’t convince someone who doesn’t want to be here to be here. Just like I can’t talk my ex wife into taking me back.

I hope JW comes back. I hope PM has a team better than our last 2 teams more.

Comment

It’s PART of his job. NIL and the portal are a part of it. I believe he can and will control what he can control

Comment

Hoping we can keep Walton and Kenny P.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It's gotta be a fit BOTH ways. I will trust whatever happens is best for both parties.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Didn't JW enter the portal well before HCPM was even selected? He could be sitting on some deals already, waiting to see if WSU's collective will counter with something comparable. Who knows?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Didn't JW enter the portal well before HCPM was even selected? He could be sitting on some deals already, waiting to see if WSU's collective will counter with something comparable. Who knows?
                    Exactly. Too many factors. Hope for the best.

Comment

• Not sure what approach PM is taking, but I don’t wanna be a school that has to win NIL bids to attract or keep players. NIL money should be there, but I have no interest in trying to make these guys millionaires.
                      Last edited by Dan; March 26, 2023, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Not sure what approach PM is taking, but I don’t wanna be a school that has to win NIL bids to attract or keep players. NIL money should be there, but I have no interest in trying to make these guys millionaires.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Not sure what approach PM is taking, but I don’t wanna be a school that has to win NIL bids to attract or keep players. NIL money should be there, but I have no interest in trying to make these guys millionaires.
                          Every time Miami wins, making guys millionaires will be the trendish thing. God help us if they win the whole thing.

Comment

I'm with you. I'd rather see 3 star guys who stick around 4 years. That would build a team. Never much cared for the teams with one and done players.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Every time Miami wins, making guys millionaires will be the trendish thing. God help us if they win the whole thing.
                              If that becomes a trend, I will no longer have an interest in college hoops. I'd rather watch good high school ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If that becomes a trend, I will no longer have an interest in college hoops. I'd rather watch good high school ball.
                                There are other levels of college basketball that still have quality play that don’t have the money-grubbing ridiculousness that is D1.

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X