Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaykwon Walton - 6'7" Forward - Shelton State CC Class of 2022 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

That would be icing on the cake if Coach IB can lead them on the court! Cause it sure seems like we got some guys!!!
    What? Has someone of repute given a high ranking to this recruiting class or something or are just impressed by several pulses with names and heights attached? Why do we think this class is going to be better than last years? In other words, where is the “cake” you speak of because I have serious doubts about the “icing”.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

What? Has someone of repute given a high ranking to this recruiting class or something or are just impressed by several pulses with names and heights attached? Why do we think this class is going to be better than last years? In other words, where is the “cake” you speak of because I have serious doubts about the “icing”.
      Walton is a top 5 JUCO guy, some considering him the top prospect, who was committed/played for P5 schools.

Comment

My opinion is how good the guys are individually is less important than how they will perform as a unit (in all phases of the game) and whether or not the Coach can put them in a system that will maximized their collective talents and then get them to buy into that.. It is not clear to me that this can or will happen at this point. However, I hope it happens to a greater degree than what we saw last year. Only time will tell for sure.

Comment

I pretty much agree with this. We have a couple of guys, like Walton, who are intriguing and could potentially be "the guy", at least at times. But the overall class is kind of eh. Some ok pieces/role player types but not overly exciting or dynamic. Most of them I have a hard time picturing them as starters and are concerned should they be that.

We have gotten taller and longer, but I'm not sure that we've actually gotten more talented.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We have an all-league guy, all freshman team guy and a former Top 100. That's 3 guys that SHOULD be good basketball players.

Comment

All at lower levels, which doesn't always translate. Hell, last year we had an All-American guy who didn't belong at this level.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Help me understand what most on this thread seem to like so much about this kid in terms of being able to be a high offensive producer right away …. His stats weren’t very good for Juco. D1 stats the games he got in were very poor ; simply being top 100 out of HS can’t be enough for fan excitement so help me out here.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  All at lower levels, which doesn't always translate. Hell, last year we had an All-American guy who didn't belong at this level.
                  Qua was D-II. I told everyone that this was NOT going to work out. I feel MUCH better about lower level D-Is that overperformed and high level D-Is that underperformed at their previous school.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                    Help me understand what most on this thread seem to like so much about this kid in terms of being able to be a high offensive producer right away …. His stats weren’t very good for Juco. D1 stats the games he got in were very poor ; simply being top 100 out of HS can’t be enough for fan excitement so help me out here.
                    He’s talented and was injured. If coach IB can get him to reach his potential, you will be a fan.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Fair point. I think what I was meaning is that IB has got "his" guys in the program now. If I'm not mistaken...there are no more GM players on next year's team. So if (and yes it's a big if) IB can mold his players into a cohesive unit on the court...that would be the icing. His guys are obviously the cake and we'll have to wait and see what type of guys he's brought in. I do like that there's some college experience coming in as opposed to a bunch of high-schoolers.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Bump. Very anxious for some good news here. Please

Comment

Pierre started looking great at the end of the season as well.

Comment

He played with high energy, but if he doesn’t come back, it’s his loss. I have a feeling we will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                              He played with high energy, but if he doesn’t come back, it’s his loss. I have a feeling we will be fine.
                              I mean…maybe we will be fine, but we would be better with him than without him.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

I’ll repost here what I said in another thread… PM said on Sports Daily he wants guys who are committed to Wichita State.

I have a distinct feeling he’s not going to be begging anyone to come back.

I would hope PM will “recruit” him from the portal, but if JW makes any inklings that he wants to stay and test the waters in the portal still after their meeting… I have a feeling he won’t be a Shocker next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X