Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaykwon Walton - 6'7" Forward - Shelton State CC Class of 2022 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Verbal Commits @VerbalCommits

Former Wichita State G Jaykwon Walton is transferring to Alabama. http://verbalcommits.com/players/jaykwon-walton
    Don't know who is staying at Alabama for next year, but they have 2 SG (6'2" and 6'5" both 4 stars) and 1 SF (6'6" 4 star Top 100) freshmen coming in.

Comment

• Yeah, for the players with no loyalty.. no love. It’s the new world.

Comment

• Need WstateU to tee up some NSnyc. Bye, bye, bye.

Comment

• I have heard that Jakwon will... not be playing next season.

Comment

• Not a surprise. I was expecting Walton to move on regardless of whether Isaac Brown was or wasn't retained. And good luck finding players with loyalty to anything other than themselves. I'm sure Walton had a lot of interest and was able to wrangle an attractive pay to play deal. They call it NIL, but everyone knows what it really is.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2023, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• I sure hope WSU is done offering him all the scholastic support to help him get his degree

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                I have heard that Jakwon will... not be playing next season.
                If he cannot play next year, he will probably bury himself even deeper down the roster. Of the underclassmen this year and the new recruits (5 I believe), Alabama will "move" some of the bottom of the roster in favor of another 5 top recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I sure hope WSU is done offering him all the scholastic support to help him get his degree
                  That’s an interesting aspect.

Does he immediately lose access to all facilities, programs, etc. once he announces he’s going somewhere else?

Seems that would be fair in this Wild West world we are in.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If he cannot play next year, he will probably bury himself even deeper down the roster. Of the underclassmen this year and the new recruits (5 I believe), Alabama will "move" some of the bottom of the roster in favor of another 5 top recruits.
                    He’d be at a P5 program though!!!!
                    Last edited by Shock Top; March 28, 2023, 10:06 PM.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That’s an interesting aspect.

Does he immediately lose access to all facilities, programs, etc. once he announces he’s going somewhere else?

Seems that would be fair in this Wild West world we are in.
                      Yes, he loses that once he enters the portal.

Well, he CAN (and should) lose access to all that, but obviously WSU can choose to let him continue to have access if they so choose. I can't imagine coaches would be okay with that though.

No training facilities, no tutors, no trainers, etc at most schools, once you enter the portal.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yes, he loses that once he enters the portal.
                        Good
                        The Assman

Comment

• A) Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, *****!

B) He is transferring to a school that was a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament this year.

Comment

• No loyalty honestly. Hard to root for someone who’s played for or been committed to 5 schools in 4 years. Don’t want someone who doesn’t want to be a Shocker. Best of luck to him but see ya later. This is what HCPM was talking about when he said he wants players who are committed. Having an outlier like this will only create issues when building a team.

Comment

• It appears to me that the last 6 games between WSU and Alabama ended up at 3-3.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Remember that time Fred decommitted after the big boys came calling?

Yeah, me neither. From what I’ve heard from HCPM, he’ll recruit high character guys that exhibit a bit more loyalty than young Jaykwon. I think we’ll be better off without him.

Comment

Working...
                                X