Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaykwon Walton - 6'7" Forward - Shelton State CC Class of 2022 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good pickup.

Between this kid, Okafor and Ricks the forward position looks greatly improved. How could it not?

Comment

I'm excited about this signing. Ricky C. was my favorite. JW might just be just who we needed. 1 more big? He needs to be a good one. I'd still take Jeff N.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

67% from the free throw line needs to improve. Everything else looks good. Another player that can actually dribble the ball. Awesome.

Comment

I believe the coaches have done a good job recruiting a building a team; now we will wait for the game management.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            67% from the free throw line needs to improve. Everything else looks good. Another player that can actually dribble the ball. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Welp. I’m here now.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Welp. I’m here now.
                Good man...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

LMAO. You still crying over the last time I crushed you? Hang in there Debbie. We will get a player like Andrew Carr the next time for you. Big and slow.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                    I believe the coaches have done a good job recruiting a building a team; now we will wait for the game management.
                    I'm still not sold on the talent level of most of the guys signed. They've filled scholarships and most of the positions. Time will tell if they really built a team and game management is always the big question mark regardless.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Two common themes with these recruiting visits
                      1. Everyone love how authentic HCIB comes off as
                      2. Everyone is surprised by how much time HCIB puts into the recruiting process as the head coach compared to other programs

Results are going to have to come but I don't think anyone can accuse HCIB of not putting in the effort.

Comment

Recruiting has always been said to be his strength, especially as an assistant. Which is why he was valuable as one. Can he be a leader of men? Can he develop players? Can he grow the program? Those are the things that can save his job.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Recruiting has always been said to be his strength, especially as an assistant. Which is why he was valuable as one. Can he be a leader of men? Can he develop players? Can he grow the program? Those are the things that can save his job.
                          That would be icing on the cake if Coach IB can lead them on the court! Cause it sure seems like we got some guys!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Recruiting only takes you so far, just ask Penny Hardaway. I hope IB find some sort of fire in his belly to be more inspirational on the sidelines this year. I like this crop of players we've brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              W's and revenue ( butts in the seats ) is what counts

Comment

Every time I see his name it makes me think of Jackwagon.

Comment

Working...
                                X