T.J. Williams - 6'6" G (Wichita Heights) Class of 2024 - Shocker commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'll wait a bit on that when he lands a high level non local kid. I think IB had a great shot at landing TJ
    We haven't had great luck landing high level Wichita kids straight out of HS under any recent coach. So I'll definitely take this as a positive.

Comment

I'll wait a bit on that when he lands a high level non local kid. I think IB had a great shot at landing TJ
      Recruiting wasn't his issue

Comment

Now we're talking cordova!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Fantastic news!! Great get for HCPM and crew. Bravo to them.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            Now we're talking cordova!
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Williams is ranked by Rivals at #168 in his class, 38th at his position and #2 in the state (behind a transplant at Sunrise). I would say that is pretty high level. The question is can we keep him in today’s poaching environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We haven't had great luck landing high level Wichita kids straight out of HS under any recent coach. So I'll definitely take this as a positive.
                Haven't had much talent. Frankamp and Dick were always KU bound. Ellis we were close. Who else in recent memory would qualify as local high level?
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Haven't had much talent. Frankamp and Dick were always KU bound. Ellis we were close. Who else in recent memory would qualify as local high level?
                  Samaji and Bell.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Grill, and can throw in Sherfield too. He ended up here but only after his first choice got fired.

And the fact that were "always KU bound" is kind of the point. We ... as the hometown team ... were never in the picture. Nice to finally land one. So I'm gonna give him props.

Comment

Evan Wessel. Not sure if he qualifies as high-level, but he had a damn good career at 21st and Hillside.
                      78-65

Comment

nobody

Comment

Ty Berry from Newton that went to Northwestern is another one. The fact is that we don’t see a ton of mega talents in Wichita and when we do they usually have their mind made up to leave Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Samaji and Bell.
                            That's a pretty low bar for high level.

Grill turned out better than expected. He was far from a high level recruit in HS though.

Sherfield did end up here, but he was also only partially a hometown kid. His family moved to Texas when he was younger and that's where he attended HS. He was also a bad fit.

I forgot about Berry, but you also can't fault a kid for choosing a Northwestern education.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

That's a pretty low bar for high level.

Grill turned out better than expected. He was far from a high level recruit in HS though.

Sherfield did end up here, but he was also only partially a hometown kid. His family moved to Texas when he was younger and that's where he attended HS. He was also a bad fit.

I forgot about Berry, but you also can't fault a kid for choosing a Northwestern education.
                              Grill was a 3 star rated 179th by 247

Williams is a 3 star rated 170th by 247.

They are extremely comparable. So it's nice to finally keep a good local kid home.

We can make excuses and move bars to fit a theory or whatever, but general theme is local kids don't go to WSU.

Comment

Is Williams rated that low? I thought I'd seen him listed much higher than that.

Not sure I'd consider him a high level recruit either then.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X