T.J. Williams - 6'6" G (Wichita Heights) Class of 2024 - Shocker commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Is Williams rated that low? I thought I'd seen him listed much higher than that.

Not sure I'd consider him a high level recruit either then.
    Each rating service is different. I'm sure some have him higher. Either way, my points still stand.

Next test for Mills is to land other similar or better that aren't local but this is a good step

Comment

Is Williams rated that low? I thought I'd seen him listed much higher than that.

So far as I can tell... At 170 ish only Tyson, Markis, Fred, Landry and Sean Ogirri would rank higher in about 20 years of Shocker basketball recruiting.

So sixth best in 20-years... is high.

Comment

Top150 junior TJ Williams discusses his recruitment

https://247sports.com/article/tj-wil...xas-204096260/

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

So far as I can tell... At 170 ish only Tyson, Markis, Fred, Landry and Sean Ogirri would rank higher in about 20 years of Shocker basketball recruiting.

So sixth best in 20-years... is high.
          Even if someone comes up with another one or two your point still stands. This puts it into perspective, what a huge signing this is for Mills, especially considering the program was at a higher level when several of those others were signed.

Comment

As Stickboy46 has pointed out it is also instructive to look at who else has offers on the table. Missouri, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Iowa were P-5 programs that had offers on the table and our conference mates SMU and North Texas also had offers on the table.

I feel pretty good about beating out that kind of competition for T.J. Remains to be seen how T.J. will develop as a collegiate player but HCPM and staff certainly deserve a pat on the back for this recruiting effort.

Comment

Not everyone has access to Eagle articles; you should be able to read it here...

What swayed 2024 recruit T.J. Williams to stay home and commit to Wichita State basketball (msn.com)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

anyone close to Top 150 is high level

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Not everyone has access to Eagle articles; you should be able to read it here...

What swayed 2024 recruit T.J. Williams to stay home and commit to Wichita State basketball (msn.com)
                  It is interesting that the Eagle charges $199/year for a digital edition and yet the articles are available free. Is this just Taylor Eldridge's articles?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It is interesting that the Eagle charges $199/year for a digital edition and yet the articles are available free. Is this just Taylor Eldridge's articles?
                    It just popped up on msn feed, so I'm not sure... I've seen a few of his articles show up before.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

They are banking on the same people that would likely pay 199/year for a local newspaper are also the same type of people that don't know how to get the same info for free

Comment

• Pohto was top-150 until he committed. Then he dropped 50 spots.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• T.J. is a great start for next Season. It appears we will have 2 players graduating and one more slot to fill so far. Maybe another big to replace Germany? By the end of this Season it will be interesting if the portal will be our friend?
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I thought it was interesting that after his official visit at Wichita State he cancelled his schedule visits with Iowa and Indiana State.

Comment

I thought it was interesting that after his official visit at Wichita State he cancelled his schedule visits with Iowa and Indiana State.
                              Joe Auer was interviewed on one of the local sports channels and said T.J. has always been a huge Shockers fan and was a 'ball boy' during the Fred and Ron years. It really didn't surprise me after watching the interview. T.J. said he can achieve all his lofty goals playing here.

Comment

Wichita Heights forward commits to hometown team Shockers (ksn.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X