• Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      That is great news.

Comment

Visit starts today!

Comment

We need to keep good local talent in the city. Especially in the era of the transfer portal.

Comment

Offers from Tennessee, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M as well. It would be a massive recruiting failure if we lost him to Iowa or Indiana State.

Comment

Iowa used to kind of have a pipeline to Wichita, when WSU was in the doldrums. I am not remembering the player's names, however.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Iowa used to kind of have a pipeline to Wichita, when WSU was in the doldrums. I am not remembering the player's names, however.
                I suspect that started when Ralph Miller left Wichita State for Iowa after the 1964 season.

Comment

Eagle article about Williams. Says he's 6'6" now, Seems like an ideal fit for Mills style of game.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just read that article and came to post it if it hadn't been done. There's a lot to like about this kid and it seems like he's ours to lose.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Just read that article and came to post it if it hadn't been done. There's a lot to like about this kid and it seems like he's ours to lose.
                      If I read correctly, it sounds like he's down to the three schools he plans to visit (WSU, Iowa, Indiana State). If that is truly the case, I very much like our chances.

Comment

Sounds like his shooting skills need some work but a lot to like here. If he is hot and cold then sounds like there is some base to build on and just needs to develop consistency. But he does seem like the kind of player that would fit into Coach Mills' system. But that system relies on shooting ability as well as slashing to and attacking the basket.

His potential to be a disruptor on defense may really be what sets him apart and he has the right attitude about that:

“I think I’m very versatile on the defensive end,” Williams said. “I can guard a big, a guard, a wing, all of that. Defense has always been important because it wins games and we’ve seen the results (at Heights). When we won state, the last five minutes of the game we had five steals. So it really comes down to who wants it more on the defensive end. Obviously everyone can score at the Division I level, but to be different you have to be able to stay in front of the ball, take charges, box out, do the dirty plays.”
                        Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Hope we get him.

Comment

TJ Williams is an awesome young man. Would love to have him as a Shocker.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I like locals

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Sounds like his shooting skills need some work but a lot to like here. If he is hot and cold then sounds like there is some base to build on and just needs to develop consistency. But he does seem like the kind of player that would fit into Coach Mills' system. But that system relies on shooting ability as well as slashing to and attacking the basket.

His potential to be a disruptor on defense may really be what sets him apart and he has the right attitude about that:

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Hope we get him.
                              Just to expand on Taylor’s Eagle article, it sounds like getting to know the new Shocker coaching staff is the key to WSU landing him. He likely had relationships with past Shocker coaches, and wants to spend more time with Paul Mills and his coaches.

Comment

Time to call in "The Big Dog" and have him tell the young man what it means to play in front of family and YOUR hometown.

Comment

Working...
                                X