Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Yes. I realize that it won’t happen but it would be helpful to get a big in now to practice for next year.
    It's January and there are no bigs that we are in on at this point in the transfer portal. We are not wasting a scholarship by giving it to a walk-on at this point.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

It's January and there are no bigs that we are in on at this point in the transfer portal. We are not wasting a scholarship by giving it to a walk-on at this point.
      I agree. I don’t know that they actually have had a ruling from the NCAA.

Comment

I agree. I don’t know that they actually have had a ruling from the NCAA.
        I could be wrong, but I don't think WSU needs any ruling from the NCAA to use a scholarship that freed up at the end of the 1st semester at this point. We could not use it the 1st semester because it was assigned to McFarlane who had enrolled at WSU. However, at this point it is simply an unused scholarship. That said I really don't expect them to us it at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I could be wrong, but I don't think WSU needs any ruling from the NCAA to use a scholarship that freed up at the end of the 1st semester at this point. We could not use it the 1st semester because it was assigned to McFarlane who had enrolled at WSU. However, at this point it is simply an unused scholarship. That said I really don't expect them to us it at this point.
          Ok. I thought there was a lot of discussion about a scholarship for Trey King if he would have chosen us. I thought a scholarship was for a year but I’m not sure.

Comment

Ok. I thought there was a lot of discussion about a scholarship for Trey King if he would have chosen us. I thought a scholarship was for a year but I’m not sure.
            I don't think the discussion was about whether Trey KIng would have been eligible to play. Not whether we could give him the scholarship. NCAA waiver would have been needed for Trey King to play the 2nd semester. Unfortunately, we did not get the opportunity to even pursue such a waiver.

Comment

I think the staff will get some skilled size this year. I think they were a little hamstrung in recruiting because Coach Brown got the permanent job late in the spring. They did pretty good with Pohto and evidently the 6’ 9” player that is redshirting. A miss on Joe P and maybe on Q Grant.
              I'm not ready to give up on Qua Grant just yet. He has shown flashes of a solid skillset even if he has struggled against the better teams. Joe P, on the other hand, looks to be playing to his capabilities.

Comment

Verbal Commits @VerbalCommits

Wichita State Coach Isaac Brown has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players coach/superniceguys

2-Star Coach

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm not ready to give up on Qua Grant just yet. He has shown flashes of a solid skillset even if he has struggled against the better teams. Joe P, on the other hand, looks to be playing to his capabilities.
                  I agree

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Wichita State Coach Isaac Brown has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players coach/superniceguys

2-Star Coach
                    Funny man

Comment

2026 Catholic Central (NY) G Darien Moore has received an offer from Massachusetts. http://verbalcommits.com/players/darien-moore

2026 ?????? GOOD LORD

Comment

Southern Miss C Javarzia Belton has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/javarzia-belton

This big kid had a WSU offer........

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Southern Miss C Javarzia Belton has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/javarzia-belton

This big kid had a WSU offer........
                          Apparently already removed from their roster of 15 currently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Apparently already removed from their roster of 15 currently.
                            Ya, strange. No stats on him and nothing to be found. They were really high on his potential. Not sure if he was redshirting or what the deal is.

Comment

It does seem like he has yet to play in a game.

Comment

I checked some box scores and never saw his name.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X