Hercy or Mercy Me?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Master P’s son has entered the portal….

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Hercy or Mercy Me?
        Hercy (and his $2 million dollar NIL deal) has entered the transfer portal from Tennessee State.

Mercy (a 2024 guard) has committed to Houston.

Comment

Water under the bridge now but I remember taking a lot of flak for wanting us to
          go after Caleb Grill when he became available. Hometown kid and his dad played
          here and we ignored him. He is averaging 24 minutes a game with Iowa State now
          shooting .467 total AND same from deep. Has only committed four turnovers in 8 games.
          Compare that to any other player on our current roster - a big miss by our coaches and
          recruiting staff.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Water under the bridge now but I remember taking a lot of flak for wanting us to
            go after Caleb Grill when he became available. Hometown kid and his dad played
            here and we ignored him. He is averaging 24 minutes a game with Iowa State now
            shooting .467 total AND same from deep. Has only committed four turnovers in 8 games.
            Compare that to any other player on our current roster - a big miss by our coaches and
            recruiting staff.
            There were some on this message board who said that Caleb wasn't good enough to play at WSU. If you are inferring that the coaching staff ignored him, I think you are wrong.

Comment

I never saw any evidence we were ever interested in him and he was 3+ stars yet
              we extended many offers to lower rated players

Comment

I don't know that Caleb was all that interested to be honest. He had / has a good relationship with TJ Whatshisface at ISU who originally recruited him to South Dakota St then UNLV then ISU.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  I never saw any evidence we were ever interested in him and he was 3+ stars yet
                  we extended many offers to lower rated players
                  I have never heard that he had any interest in being a Shocker, as a young kid, or after (nor his father continuing a WSU relationship after he graduated).

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I have never heard that he had any interest in being a Shocker, as a young kid, or after (nor his father continuing a WSU relationship after he graduated).
                    Particularly the last part.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Remember that Chris Grill only came to WSU because of Randy Smithson.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Remember that Chris Grill only came to WSU because of Randy Smithson.
                        True, and Randy May have been one of his only friends at WSU. It’s interesting that we rarely (maybe never) hear about Scott Thompson and Randy Smithson era players re-connecting with the university and basketball program. Meanwhile, we have heard stories of Ralph M, Harry M, Gene Smithson (even Gene himself), Mark T. And Gregg M players all re-connecting with the basketball program and the university.

Comment

I am not sure there was much interest by our staff out of high school. I am fairly sure there should have been when you look at who we signed the previous year.

Comment

Every account I heard is that there was next to no interest from Grill. I can't speak to Chris having any issues with the program/university but the staff definitely reached out. No point on targeting someone who has no interest in playing here. Some kids simply want to get away from home. .And he quickly developed a good relationship with the SDSU coach and has followed him around like a puppy dog ever since.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Every account I heard is that there was next to no interest from Grill. I can't speak to Chris having any issues with the program/university but the staff definitely reached out. No point on targeting someone who has no interest in playing here. Some kids simply want to get away from home. .And he quickly developed a good relationship with the SDSU coach and has followed him around like a puppy dog ever since.
                              Exactly. The staff has so many recruiting targets that it makes absolutely zero sense to target someone you know doesn't want to go to WSU.

Comment

Anyone have any info on Bilau and his progression? Any chance he could
                                come back?

Comment

Working...
                                X