Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Patrakis shot nearly 35% from the perimeter and had close to a blocked shot per game also, but yes, rebounds not that great. Stretch four for sure but nothing wrong with a 6'10 stretch four that can block some shots. Is he from Wichita? If so I always like locals.
    Valley Center. Spent Freshman and Sophomore seasons at K-State. Transferred to Dodge City and reshirted. Played one year at W. Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Valley Center. Spent Freshman and Sophomore seasons at K-State. Transferred to Dodge City and reshirted. Played one year at W. Carolina.
      He would be a versatile big body. When I look at our 4/5 I have some optimism and concerns. On the concerned side:

Pohto is soft, Rojas is injury prone, Ballard is a 23 year old project player, and Abide reminds me of Eric Hamilton
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

He would be a versatile big body. When I look at our 4/5 I have some optimism and concerns. On the concerned side:

Pohto is soft, Rojas is injury prone, Ballard is a 23 year old project player, and Abide reminds me of Eric Hamilton
        Ballard is a 3rd year Sophomore, prob 20 years old, but points taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
          I don't think that Ricky is going to end up at KU. I saw a report in the Eagle, and KU has 11 players either already signed or returning on scholarships from last year. Additionally, they have 2 players headed for NBA evaluations but still are eligible to return.

Ricky would have to wait on those last two players to decide (which they could decide to return early, or wait until late which is more likely). I can't see him wanting to wait on their decisions. I also see why he would be enamored with Arkansas, but after he sees their roster, I doubt that will be his landing spot.

I don't know what his playing opportunities at Alabama are, or what his connections are for Alabama, Iowa State, or Georgia Tech. I would guess he has good opportunities to play at ISU, GT, or Mississippi State, but my guess for his landing spot would most likely be Mississippi State and Chris Jans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't think that Ricky is going to end up at KU. I saw a report in the Eagle, and KU has 11 players either already signed or returning on scholarships from last year. Additionally, they have 2 players headed for NBA evaluations but still are eligible to return.
            Do official scholarships really even matter in the NIL era?

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Do official scholarships really even matter in the NIL era?
              I think so. A player still has to do something for the NIL money, but I'm not sure if they can give straight dollars, or if there are any restrictions at all. Rumors are that Porter is getting a car, but that won't get him into school.

Comment

Ricky would have to wait on those last two players to decide (which they could decide to return early, or wait until late which is more likely). I can't see him wanting to wait on their decisions. I also see why he would be enamored with Arkansas, but after he sees their roster, I doubt that will be his landing spot.

I don't know what his playing opportunities at Alabama are, or what his connections are for Alabama, Iowa State, or Georgia Tech. I would guess he has good opportunities to play at ISU, GT, or Mississippi State, but my guess for his landing spot would most likely be Mississippi State and Chris Jans.
                I think RC4 can play about anyplace he goes

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I think RC4 can play about anyplace he goes
                  Lots of room in that statement. How many minutes at KU? More than the two McDonalds All Americans including the two Freshmen from Wichita? Both of them for sure plays the same position (2 and 3) he does. Does he get more minutes than those two publicized, scholarshipped recruits? Some of the others play his position too, and they won a National Championship. If he plays 15-20 minutes and averages 9 points, will he be happy? Is that what he wants? Before WSU called, he was being offered by the Fordham Universities of Div. 1 world.

Comment

Lots of room in that statement. How many minutes at KU? More than the two McDonalds All Americans including the two Freshmen from Wichita? Both of them for sure plays the same position (2 and 3) he does. Does he get more minutes than those two publicized, scholarshipped recruits? Some of the others play his position too, and they won a National Championship. If he plays 15-20 minutes and averages 9 points, will he be happy? Is that what he wants? Before WSU called, he was being offered by the Fordham Universities of Div. 1 world.
                    I think there was a reason a player as athletic as RC was available so late in the recruiting process and didn't have higher level offers. He probably would have done better under Marshall's "up your ass" style, but he may have become another TP under that type of coaching.

His interview after a great game against OSU and his inability to live up to the talk told a story.

Comment

• RCIV is about as inconsistent as they come. Huge upside, but also can cost you a game with bonehead plays (and did), He’s good enough to sniff the league some day, but that potential also attracts a lot of bad advisors. He needs to be in a team oriented structure with a lot of discipline to get where he wants to go.

Comment

Collins was a true freshman last season at Michigan. Played 11 minutes per game. Averaged 2.8 ppg / 1.7 rpg / 1.4 apg. Four star kid out of high school and ranked 47th nationally. Michigan just got a commitment from a transfer sg from Princeton which I’m guessing didn’t sit well with Collins. Terrible three point and ft percentage last season but limited time I suppose.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...rankie-collins

Walton is intriguing to say the least. 6’6” combo guard ranked as the #2 juco prospect by 247 sports. Averaged 12.9 ppg / 4.2 rpg / 2.8 apg for Shelton last season. 47% from the field and 36% from three. Committed to Mississippi state out of high school before flipping to Georgia. Looks like he played 19-20 and two games in 20-21 for Georgia before transferring to juco. Signed with Mississippi state again this past November only to decommit April 14th following the coaching change.

https://247sports.com/player/jaykwon-walton-45572513/

https://athletics.sheltonstate.edu/sports/mbkb/2021-22/players/jaykwonwaltonon0i

Long is a 6’5” guard originally from houston and has played two years at seton hall. Averaged 1 ppg / 0.7 rpg / 0.7 apg in his two years. Offered by WSU out of high school. Not stoked about this one.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...12/jahari-long
                        I thought Walton had his own thread. Interesting prospect. No hidden message here either.
                        Last edited by shoxlax; May 10, 2022, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Just need a PG now
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            Just need a PG now
                            I 100% agree with this, but I wonder if IB isn’t planning on running out 4 wings that can all kind of handle the ball?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I 100% agree with this, but I wonder if IB isn’t planning on running out 4 wings that can all kind of handle the ball?
                              Used to hear about position-less basketball a couple years ago but everyone still seems to be locked in to the 1-2-3-4-5 position basketball. Is this the kind of roster that perhaps you move a bit more towards a positon-less approach?

Comment

Long is a 6’5” guard originally from houston and has played two years at seton hall. Averaged 1 ppg / 0.7 rpg / 0.7 apg in his two years. Offered by WSU out of high school. Not stoked about this one.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...12/jahari-long
                                This is PJ Cousinard’s former player.

Comment

Working...
                                X