No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agree, but not too impressed with the guys I've seen mentioned except maybe McIntosh and Rudi
    Last edited by asiseeit; April 14, 2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      agree, but not too impressed with the guys I've seen mentioned except maybe McIntosh
      I think with the sheer number of players in the portal ... there are only so many "good" p5 spots. As things start to fill up, you might see more traction with some good players.

Comment

• Left overs is how we ended up with Pleasant and Grant. At Center, we need to take a chance, but not at guard (Grant) and forward (Pleasant, a 6'6" Power forward).

Comment

• Gus Okafor from Southeast Louisiana visiting April 22nd according to Jake Lieberman. 6’6”, 230 averaged 14.6 points and 6.4 rebounds was all conference in the Southland. Looks like he would have 2 years eligibility left.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Thus far I'd say we are at a net LOSS from last years roster and need to aim a little higher. Someone like a Ben Carlson ( Wisc 6'9 226 PF 4* ) for example. Not impressed with recruiting yet.
            Hasn't shown much of anything at Wisky in two years. Not sold on him. 2/24 from three in two years and 67% from FT. Just 36% from FG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
              Gus Okafor from Southeast Louisiana visiting April 22nd according to Jake Lieberman. 6’6”, 230 averaged 14.6 points and 6.4 rebounds was all conference in the Southland. Looks like he would have 2 years eligibility left.
              Look like he's very similar to Joe Pleasant prior to joining the Shox. Averages a couple more points, but played more minutes and shot a lot more (at a lower %).

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Gotta be honest and give the staff credit, they seem to be hustling after some decent kids. We'll see if any of it ends up in commitments.
                How hard is it watch the portal and contact a player and say "Hey, we are interested!". It not like they are getting in their cars and going to see them. They are doing at least the minimum that every other program is doing. I expect there are some that are doing more, especially with NIL to entice.

Comment

• Jairus Hamilton - 6'8" 230 LB Forward - Westerrn Kentucky:
                  • 12.7 ppg
                  • 5.4 rpg
                  • 1.7 apg
                  • 44% from FG
                  • 32% from three
                  • 4 star kid out of HS in Charlotte.
                  • Spent two years at Boston College, transferred to Maryland for one year, and spent last year at Western Kentucky.
                  https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...airus-hamilton

Comment

• You can see some video of Okafor on his twitter. He played on the perimeter at SE Louisiana. Better ball handler than Joe, Monzy or Dex. Athleticism similar to Monzy. Athleticism better than Joe but less than Dex. Big body. Much more of an offensive threat than Joe or Dex. Have no idea about defensive ability. Averaged almost 2 assists. I’d like to see some star type players too, but need role players also. His video says he has 7’1” wingspan.
                    Last edited by Shocker82/85; April 14, 2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Not a realistic target, but Antoine Davis (6'1" PG from Detroit Mercy) in the portal. Son of Mike Davis, yes that Mike Davis. 22nd all-time in college basketball history and 3rd leading scorer in the nation last season. Averaged 23.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, and 4.4 apg last season. Shot 43% from FG and 38% from three. Senior grad transfer. He could end up near the top all-time in NCAA points.

Detroit Mercy guard Antoine Davis, whose 2734 points through four seasons (24.6 PPG) ranks 22nd all-time in college basketball history, said that he's entering the transfer portal.

View the profile of Portland Trail Blazers Guard Antoine Davis on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          At least he stuck it out for 2 years with "the coach he wanted to play for".

Comment

• https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...77189899649024

not a bad pickup.

6'8 big from Alabama, 5.4/2.5
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                              https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...77189899649024

not a bad pickup.

6'8 big from Alabama, 5.4/2.5
                              Hmm 5 year Senior I think. Only played 13 min a game. 6'8 but can't shoot the 3 (23%) so he's basically Mo?

He just entered the portal 2 days ago
                              edit:. Appears he was coming off an ACL injury and didn't play in a game until Jan 15. So probably affected his production

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Hmm 5 year Senior I think. Only played 13 min a game. 6'8 but can't shoot the 3 (23%) so he's basically Mo?

He just entered the portal 2 days ago
                                Another 6'8" center? Wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X