Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Might have relationships in Hutch
    Steve Eck has his hand prints all over our program… this is #2.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I know some may not agree, but I believe this is a good thing. Very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox2905 View Post
        Interview with Steve Eck when he signed with Alabama

Comment

• I feel similar…. Honestly I don’t want my bigs going anywhere near the d*mn 3 point line/taking 3 attempts away from guards. Camp near the basket and get rebounds. If your 4 and 5’s are shooting 3’s ; who is rebounding their misses ? The opponent is that answer

Comment

• Would we take him back?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Would we take him back?

I believe we would take him back in a heartbeat. He has relatives in Wichita. The reasons why he left may no longer be an issue. That team had SERIOUS chemistry issues. He knows the offense. He knows IB. It would be an easy transition, but I imagine he's looking for a tourney-bound team ,which would not pur the Shox on his short list.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                I feel similar…. Honestly I don’t want my bigs going anywhere near the d*mn 3 point line/taking 3 attempts away from guards. Camp near the basket and get rebounds. If your 4 and 5’s are shooting 3’s ; who is rebounding their misses ? The opponent is that answer
                Doesn’t he deserve his own thread by now? You will like this article:

Alabama head coach Nate Oats praised James Rojas for his leadership, explaining why Rojas was on the court when it mattered most on Saturday.

Comment

• Not thrilling first couple signings, but some of the guys they are replacing weren’t giving much anyways.

Hopefully a couple other signings can move the needle. Even if it’s just a flicker.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Hmm 5 year Senior I think. Only played 13 min a game. 6'8 but can't shoot the 3 (23%) so he's basically Mo?

He just entered the portal 2 days ago
                    edit:. Appears he was coming off an ACL injury and didn't play in a game until Jan 15. So probably affected his production
                    We should all hope this kid is another Mo. But no, Mo he ain't. Maybe moreso Joe.

With all the recruiting sleuths on Shockernet and this kid doesn't even merit his own thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He's listed as a center. Can't shoot 3s so not sure how affective he can be at a 4.
                      He is listed as a forward on the Alabama athletic website.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                        I feel similar…. Honestly I don’t want my bigs going anywhere near the d*mn 3 point line/taking 3 attempts away from guards. Camp near the basket and get rebounds. If your 4 and 5’s are shooting 3’s ; who is rebounding their misses ? The opponent is that answer
                        This is old school basketball. It your two bigs, even one, are constantly camped in the paint it clogs up the middle so your dribble drivers can't operate/attack the rim effectively and our two best offensive options are CP and RC taking it to the rim. The days of traditional PF's are behind us unless you have a five who can shoot to draw out the opponents center. This is why KP is going to be so valuable in the future - the coach just needs to learn how to use his shooting ability. Nowadays, most teams look for PF's that are stretch forwards meaning they can shoot which stretches out the offense AND defense resulting in wider spacing and more room for your dribble drivers. Either the four or the five MUST be a perimeter threat which is why I called all season long for KP to play the four ( Mo not a perimeter threat ). I'm fine with KP at C but only if we have stretch fours that are a perimeter threat.

Comment

• This guy is a 4 who can post up when he wants or when it is asked of him. Here are his Hutchinson Juco AA stats.

https://www.bluedragonsports.com/spo...jas_james_xcxl

GP 29
                          PTS/G 19.0
                          FG % 50.4
                          3PT % 38.4
                          FT % 79.5
                          REB/G 6.8
                          A/G 2.2

He is listed as a forward at both schools. I'm not sure why his shooting went south at Alabama, but he could shoot it at Hutch.

He may be able to play the 5 on occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            This guy is a 4 who can post up when he wants or when it is asked of him. Here are his Hutchinson Juco AA stats.

https://www.bluedragonsports.com/spo...jas_james_xcxl

GP 29
                            PTS/G 19.0
                            FG % 50.4
                            3PT % 38.4
                            FT % 79.5
                            REB/G 6.8
                            A/G 2.2

He is listed as a forward at both schools. I'm not sure why his shooting went south at Alabama, but he could shoot it at Hutch.
                            I’m guessing the ACL injury was a major factor. It takes a lot of time to rebuild strength and confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              At Hutch CC, he averaged 19 ppg, 6.8 rbs, with 50.4% from 2 and 38.4% from 3.
                              As a senior in HS (New York) he posted 27 PPG/11 RPG/3 APG/2 BPG.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

He is listed as a forward on the Alabama athletic website.
                                ******* listed him as a 5, but all other sources call him a 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X