Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Saunders from Cincy transferring again
    We were in on him pretty hard last summer. I wonder if there is mutual interest again?

Comment

• I just hope the staff is not relaxing too much and doing some aggressive
      recruiting. First, need to pin down who else is leaving and I mean the next
      couple days. Need quality over quantity. I prefer 7-8 quality players
      that are comfortable with their PT and their roles. The rest must
      understand their roles as subs and play within themselves. We did NOT
      have that this year and I think it was a problem the coaches didn't handle
      well. The focus should be on recruiting now but once the roster is
      established IB must do some self evaluation. He has some glaring
      weaknesses starting with X's and O's but has to have the respect of
      his players. There has to be accountability from top to bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Grab anybody and everybody.
        You sound like my wing man in high school when we went clubbin'.

Have some pride man!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

We were in on him pretty hard last summer. I wonder if there is mutual interest again?

Most UC fans thought it was a done deal to us until they hired Miller. I'd take a flyer on him. Shot 40%/36% this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            I just hope the staff is not relaxing too much and doing some aggressive
            recruiting. First, need to pin down who else is leaving and I mean the next
            couple days. Need quality over quantity. I prefer 7-8 quality players
            that are comfortable with their PT and their roles. The rest must
            understand their roles as subs and play within themselves. We did NOT
            have that this year and I think it was a problem the coaches didn't handle
            well. The focus should be on recruiting now but once the roster is
            established IB must do some self evaluation. He has some glaring
            weaknesses starting with X's and O's but has to have the respect of
            his players. There has to be accountability from top to bottom.
            Well we have 1 scholarship no matter what from a center that left last year. We've had a guard and a forward put their name in the portal so they should be going full bore on every position at this point with 3 scholarships available at least and an opening at every spot.

Comment

• If it's Saunders over Qua, sign me up.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                If it's Saunders over Qua, sign me up.
                Yea, i posted in the other forum, I'm not ready to give up on Qua .. but I think Saunders would be an upgrade to him while being a very similar game.

Comment

Yea, i posted in the other forum, I'm not ready to give up on Qua .. but I think Saunders would be an upgrade to him while being a very similar game.
                  My biggest concern with Saunders last year was that he couldn't shoot from deep. Happy to see his shot has improved.

Comment

• Take Saunders in a heartbeat!! Upgrade over most of the Shox guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

My biggest concern with Saunders last year was that he couldn't shoot from deep. Happy to see his shot has improved.
                      If he can dribble penetrate, he would create more opportunities for other scores; Something this team desperately lacks.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

If he can dribble penetrate, he would create more opportunities for other scores; Something this team desperately lacks.
                        Though .. we would need someone to hit those shots after he creates the opportunities .. which is also something this team desperately lacks.

Comment

Though .. we would need someone to hit those shots after he creates the opportunities .. which is also something this team desperately lacks.
                          Correct.

Goes with what I was saying about needing players to fill different roles and know what that role is and excel in it (in the players leaving thread).

Saunders would be a nice piece to add, IF he was utilized in the correct role.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You sound like my wing man in high school when we went clubbin'.

Have some pride man!
                            Oh, ole "Butterface!"
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I agree. How many times was Dex wide open and just couldn't knock them down. Still can't understand how he went from a 40% 3point guy his freshman year to sub 30% this year. Not that he was the only poor shooter.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I agree. How many times was Dex wide open and just couldn't knock them down. Still can't understand how he went from a 40% 3point guy his freshman year to sub 30% this year. Not that he was the only poor shooter.
                                His shooting woes were perplexing. He obviously did enough elsewhere to make up for it .. but up until the last couple games .. Joe Pleasant was our best 3pt shooter by % on the year ... that's never good.

Comment

Working...
                                X