No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we’re several days since our season ended and the players have had their one on one meetings with HCIB, and so far we only have one player in the portal. I think the board consensus was we would see 4-7 in the portal. I’m wondering why we haven’t see more activity from our roster? Is there a strategy about how you should make yourself available? Thoughts?

Comment

• I heard that most of the players are home (or at least traveling) for Spring break and that meetings will happen early next week
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
        So we’re several days since our season ended and the players have had their one on one meetings with HCIB, and so far we only have one player in the portal. I think the board consensus was we would see 4-7 in the portal. I’m wondering why we haven’t see more activity from our roster? Is there a strategy about how you should make yourself available? Thoughts?
        Could be lots of reasons.

Could be wanting to talk to family
        Could be waiting to see who else transfers to know how much playing time they are likely to get

could be waiting for a new fur lined coat to arrive so they can make the perfect exit/entrance video to put on Instagram

​​​​

Comment

• One reason possibly for Tyson is deciding between going pro or going into the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

could be waiting for a new fur lined coat to arrive so they can make the perfect exit/entrance video to put on Instagram

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
              So we’re several days since our season ended and the players have had their one on one meetings with HCIB, and so far we only have one player in the portal. I think the board consensus was we would see 4-7 in the portal. I’m wondering why we haven’t see more activity from our roster? Is there a strategy about how you should make yourself available? Thoughts?
              Good question. Maybe since our coach is a "nice guy" so are our players...and they are just following proper etiquette after a "nice guy" season. Trust the process.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• One thing I have learned about the portal is that timing is not all that structured. It can happen at any time over the next few months. It is not necessarily right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  One thing I have learned about the portal is that timing is not all that structured. It can happen at any time over the next few months. It is not necessarily right away.
                  Yep. Only exception was the exodus after Covid. Those three all hit within an hour

Comment

• Tyree Eady - 6'5" 210 LB Guard - North Dakota State
                    • 10.3 ppg
                    • 5.0 rpg
                    • 2.4 apg
                    • 47% from fg
                    • 38% from three
                    • One year remaining
                    • 12.3 PER efficiency rating
                    https://verbalcommits.com/players/tyree-eady

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...514/tyree-eady

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yep. Only exception was the exodus after Covid. Those three all hit within an hour
                      I do think it's interesting that players wouldn't hit right away. If you've had your end of year meeting with the coach what's left? I'd think if you had any thoughts of leaving you would want your name in right away. No benefit to waiting.

The fact that players do pop up later in the portal makes me think the Athletic article was accurate in that players pretty much know where they are going by the time their names appear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I do think it's interesting that players wouldn't hit right away. If you've had your end of year meeting with the coach what's left? I'd think if you had any thoughts of leaving you would want your name in right away. No benefit to waiting.

The fact that players do pop up later in the portal makes me think the Athletic article was accurate in that players pretty much know where they are going by the time their names appear.
                        Maybe the recruiting (tampering) doesn’t get into full swing until after March Madness? “Hello Ricky, we’ve got a sweat NIL deal for you… cash, car and hot babes.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 2022 Blue Valley (KS)/Missouri commit F Aidan Shaw is reopening his recruitment. http://verbalcommits.com/players/aidan-shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            2022 Blue Valley (KS)/Missouri commit F Aidan Shaw is reopening his recruitment. http://verbalcommits.com/players/aidan-shaw
                            4* kid somewhat local. I would hope the coaching staff would be all over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

4* kid somewhat local. I would hope the coaching staff would be all over him.
                              Doubtful since we weren't on the "List" of about 8-10 schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Doubtful since we weren't on the "List" of about 8-10 schools.
                                we offered in June 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X