2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I disagree. JB would play a lot of minutes in this roster.

The ship sailing part though, I could understand.
    Who would he take "a lot" of minutes from: Dex, TE, Ricky? All same or similar positions. I would not be willing to take minutes from any of those three for JB. He bailed. Too little too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I don’t think he’d want to fight for minutes when his specialty is defense and rebounding at the 1 and 3 spot. Our threes (Dexter and Ricky) have a higher ceiling, and he would have to compete with Porter, and Tyson for minutes at the 1. JB wasn’t happy to share Point Guard minutes last year either.
      For a 6’5 guy built like a tank I was a little underwhelmed by his rebounding. Always thought he should have had more to give in that area. Maybe as a 3 he could’ve attacked the glass more.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Maybe as a 3 he could’ve attacked the glass more.
        He averaged 3.5 rebounds which for a guard isn't bad. His forte was defense, and while his shooting wasn't very good, he could get to the backboard with the ball with smaller players inside.

He did play 3. He backed up Dexter at the 3, and alternated at the Point with Sherfield, sometimes starting..

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          He averaged 3.5 rebounds which for a guard isn't bad. His forte was defense, and while his shooting wasn't very good, he could get to the backboard with the ball with smaller players inside.

He did play 3. He backed up Dexter at the 3, and alternated at the Point with Sherfield, sometimes starting..
          Yeah he did play 3 but not exclusively which is where I thought he fit in better. He did take a huge leap in shooting his sophomore year, hitting 38% from deep on a decent number of attempts.

I always liked Jamarius because he was a good all around player who has versatility to guard and play multiple positions.

Comment

• He would definitely get PG minutes if he were here.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He's not coming back imo. He wouldn't want to and I don't think that Brown would choose it either.

Comment

• I still think that Porter is going to be a really good Point Guard. A refresher (below) on his days prior to WSU at Vincennes where Darius Carter was from. He averaged 5.4 assists as a Freshman, and 6.5 as a Sophomore. He needs to improve his free throw shooting imo.

I say to give him the reigns (we do need depth at PG, no matter what we do). Last year, they gave AG the ball and he did provide leadership, but imo, he isn't more talented than Porter. Now Porter needs to bring that leadership for the next two years. He knows our offense, and has the talent. He just needs confidence.

Crafty combo guard can score, distribute, rebound and even protect the rim… Has quick feet, tight handles and a high basketball IQ… Ranked No. 15 in jucorecruiting.com’s top-100…

Gregg Marshall:
                “We set out to sign a junior college point guard, and Craig was our top choice. (Assistant Coach) Lou Gudino has been keeping tabs on him since high school, and we watched Craig win a national championship in Hutchinson last year. He’s been well-coached by Todd Franklin and the staff at Vincennes, which you might recall is the same program that produced another recent Shocker great, Darius Carter. Craig can handle either guard position because he’s long, athletic and plays so hard. He can handle the ball, shoot, distribute and even block shots. We’re looking forward to having him in the yellow and black.”

Junior College:
                Helped lead Vincennes to an NJCAA national championship in 2019 and a 62-7 record over two seasons… Drew interest from Indiana, Ole Miss, Oregon, UConn, Kansas, West Virginia, Texas Tech and Indiana State but committed to WSU on Mar. 29, 2020… As a sophomore, ranked 13th nationally in assists (6.5) and also averaged 14.8 points, 7.7 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 1.9 blocks… Totaled 127 blocks in two years… Team went 28-5 in 2019-20 with a No. 9 national ranking but was unable to defend its title due to the NJCAA tournament’s cancelation (COVID-19)… Recorded a triple-double (18 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists) on Feb. 24 vs. Lewis & Clark… Finished the year with seven-straight double-digit assist games, including a season-high 16 in a Feb. 19 win over Lake Land and had two other 14-assist games… Ranked by Street & Smith Magazine as one of the top-25 players in junior college basketball prior to the 2019-20 season… Started 27 games as a freshman and averaged 8.4 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 2.1 blocks… Helped national champion Vincennes to a 34-2 finish. Its two losses came by a combined four points and one of them was in overtime… Played for the same Vincennes program that produced former Shocker Darius Carter (2014-16).

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  He would definitely get PG minutes if he were here.
                  God please no.

Comment

• Sophomore from Fayetteville, NC averaged 2.8 / 0.8 / 0.3 points rebounds assists last season. 6'4" guard who shot 22% from FG, 22% from three.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Sophomore from Fayetteville, NC averaged 2.8 / 0.8 / 0.3 points rebounds assists last season. 6'4" guard who shot 22% from FG, 22% from three.
                      Is there a difference between a Mason and a Bricklayer?
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 6'8" forward originally from Overland Park. Averaged 10.5 / 5.5 / 1.2 points rebounds assists last season as a junior. 45.9% from fg, 46.5% from three, and 60% from FT.

Had 11 points and 8 boards against Texas in the tourney. Less impressive against UCLA with 3 points and 4 boards.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...8/joe-pleasant

https://verbalcommits.com/players/joe-pleasant

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

6'8" forward originally from Overland Park. Averaged 10.5 / 5.5 / 1.2 points rebounds assists last season as a junior. 45.9% from fg, 46.5% from three, and 60% from FT.

Had 11 points and 8 boards against Texas in the tourney. Less impressive against UCLA with 3 points and 4 boards.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...8/joe-pleasant

https://verbalcommits.com/players/joe-pleasant
                          46.5% from three (nice) and 60% on freebees (not nice)... I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

46.5% from three (nice) and 60% on freebees (not nice)... I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!
                            Wasn't he the one that buried the clutch FTs at the end to seal it for them though?

Comment

• Comment

• How many times can D1 athletes transfer now with the new rules? At some point, shouldn't these guys settle down and play ball for more than 1 year?

Comment

Working...
                                X