2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Not knocking McFarland as he could be a diamond in the rough but in general, with
    over 1400 transfers available and countless HS players the best we have so far is MM
    and we are looking seriously at a D2 PG ? Common, man. Surely, we have something
    cookin we don't know about yet? Other schools are scooping up established D1 players
    and we are holding our breath on a D2 PG doesn't instill much faith for me in IB's
    recruiting.............waiting to be proven wrong and some tasty crow !
    Whenever you start out with, no disrespect intended, somebody is about to get disrespected.

McFarland is way more than a "diamond in the rough"

Who cares about the letters and numbers and stars attached to players. Just watch video and see who can play. I certainly hope this is how our coaching staff operates.

Comment

• Jayden Gardner to Virginia. Nice fit for him.

Comment

• Walker Kessler to Auburn.

Comment

• I admit that I have an interest in recruiting. Over the years I have learned not to get to worked up about it, until these guys are wearing our uniforms and performing well at the level we are at. Some of them surpass expectations, some play at the level their rankings would have indicated and others are disappointments based on the talk coming into the program. IB recruiting ability will be rated more for how they look on the floor, then for the buzz they has when they arrived. We will see how good this class is come next March.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

My guess is he got bad advice from people saying they were a better “program” and should go there. Lesson learned.
            Well, his academics are important, but he will be a loser at the same time.

Comment

• Big man alert!

Cheikh Mbacke Diong (6'11" 235 LB) forward out of UNLV in the portal. 8.9 / 7.4 / 1.0 points rebounds blocks last season as a senior. One season of eligbility. 60.7 from field goal and 55.6% from FT.

View the profile of UCF Knights Forward Cheikh Mbacke Diong on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Big man alert!

Cheikh Mbacke Diong (6'11" 235 LB) forward out of UNLV in the portal. 8.9 / 7.4 / 1.0 points rebounds blocks last season as a senior. One season of eligbility. 60.7 from field goal and 55.6% from FT.

View the profile of UCF Knights Forward Cheikh Mbacke Diong on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

https://verbalcommits.com/players/chiekh-mbacke-diong
                Na, need a stretch 4, or a defensive rebounding beast

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post

Na, need a stretch 4, or a defensive rebounding beast
                  7.4 rebounds a game isn't worthy? Would have been the Shox top rebounder by almost two boards per game. And by nearly 3 a game over those players returning.

I think with 5 scholarships there are enough to go around. Need another back up center who could also fill in at the 4 if needed. I'd take an experienced D1 guy who shoots 60% from the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Well, his academics are important, but he will be a loser at the same time.
                    Higher RPI last year than Temple, ECU, Wake Forest, and Iowa State.

$18,000 a year avg starting salary difference between schools depending on Major. Just consider it PE.

Comment

Not knocking McFarland as he could be a diamond in the rough but in general, with
                      over 1400 transfers available and countless HS players the best we have so far is MM
                      and we are looking seriously at a D2 PG ? Common, man. Surely, we have something
                      cookin we don't know about yet? Other schools are scooping up established D1 players
                      and we are holding our breath on a D2 PG doesn't instill much faith for me in IB's
                      Really? What a riduclous statement . Ron Baker was not ranked with any stars. Tekel Cotton was a 2 * . Cleanthony Early was a Div 2 juco player. Evan Wessel was rated higher as a football recruit than he was in basketball. I like what I see in the video on McFarland and the Div 2 pg. I don't care who the so-called power schools are signing. And I am certainly not casting any doubt about our Coach's recruiting abilty because of what these other schools are doing. As Coach Brown said can they play defense and shoot?. Do they have high character and want to be at WSU? Keep grinding Coach IB. GO shocks.

Comment

I get the frustration that we have only signed one player but this is an all time bad take. It about finding players that can play regardless of where they come from or how many stars they have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Higher RPI last year than Temple, ECU, Wake Forest, and Iowa State.

$18,000 a year avg starting salary difference between schools depending on Major. Just consider it PE.
                          Yes. Jerry Stackhouse is a Rhodes Scholar. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                            Cleanthony Early was a Div 2 juco player.
                            I believe that Cle was a Division 3 juco player. Then again he was the two-time D-III Juco Player of the Year. So not just some random guy..

Comment

• Time will tell whether or not my last post was "an all time bad take". We haven't
                              even signed the D2 PG yet and MM is still unproven at the D1 AAC level,
                              although I am optimistic. My point was a "general" one in that IB seems to be off
                              to a slow start recruiting. All that could quickly change.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

7.4 rebounds a game isn't worthy? Would have been the Shox top rebounder by almost two boards per game. And by nearly 3 a game over those players returning.

I think with 5 scholarships there are enough to go around. Need another back up center who could also fill in at the 4 if needed. I'd take an experienced D1 guy who shoots 60% from the field.
                                Touché. If he is willing to be a back up...

Comment

Working...
                                X