2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    How many times can D1 athletes transfer now with the new rules? At some point, shouldn't these guys settle down and play ball for more than 1 year?
    It is a little ridiculous. However, with a coaching change, I totally get it.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

It is a little ridiculous. However, with a coaching change, I totally get it.
      Yea, coaching changes should be one of the very very few reasons to bypass a sit out year.

Comment

How many times can D1 athletes transfer now with the new rules? At some point, shouldn't these guys settle down and play ball for more than 1 year?
        I think they get one transfer without sitting out a year. Anything after that requires a waiver or sit out year I believe.

Comment

40 times. Pretty soon it will be between games.

Comment

• We are reaching out to every swingin dick. I assume that means we are not making progress

Comment

• I would think that means exploring more options as in the glass is half full vs the glass is damned near empty as you seem to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                We are reaching out to every swingin dick. I assume that means we are not making progress
                Is that what it meant when Marshall (king of having a million offers for 3 spots) did it also? I thought everyone liked that he didn't stop shaving.....
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Is that what it meant when Marshall (king of having a million offers for 3 spots) did it also? I thought everyone liked that he didn't stop shaving.....
                  Marshall appears to have been more of a closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I would think that means exploring more options as in the glass is half full vs the glass is damned near empty as you seem to see it.
                    My guy could win the lottery and the first thing he would do is complain about all the taxes he was going to have to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      We are reaching out to every swingin dick. I assume that means we are not making progress
                      Pin = Eeyore

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Really? If that were the case we would have been WAYYYY over the scholarship limit.

And he certainly didn't land every top recruit

Lmao you guys crack me up.....
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Based on what, 2 weeks of recruiting by Brown and the coaching staff?

Get it together man. We don’t know who we would or would not have signed by now with Marshall at the helm. To say otherwise is just using our imagination.

Comment

• Patience weed-hoppers...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Y’all continue to amuse me.

We haven’t even scratched the surface of contacting all the players in the portal. Coach Brown is looking for certain players with certain tangibles and intangibles. Unfortunately, he can’t start their Jr year and spend 2 years getting a feeling of how they fit and if they are interested. Yes, we will recruit with many transfers. We recruit a lot of players in High School also. You have to cast a wide net. The wider the better.

In the famous words of a really wise man, “I’m not worried.”

Comment

• Just keep fishin'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X