Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Appear to have lost out on another one:

I never heard of Wendell Green. Was he ever mentioned on here?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      We are in such a tough position in regards to getting transfers. I'm sure Porter and Monzy feel like they should be the starters at their positions next year. Potential impact transfers will look at that and not want to see themselves as back-ups. If one does come in who is likely to beat out one of those two, that isn't likely to sit well with them.

A guy like Saunders, with plenty of eligibility left could work. Other than him, I'm not sure we look all that attractive to portal players. This might be a great time to snag a couple of top 100 to 150 freshmen who can provide solid support minutes and be key future pieces.
      I’m more interested in the big guys we want. We need them more. We only need to hit on one more Freshman Point guard. We need a couple of Freshman Bigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Zach Harvey (Topeka / Cincinnati) to UC Santa Barbara. Lot's of scenery (both on and off campus if you catch my drift) and lots of partying there. Way worse places to end up.
        I had a buddy back in the day from Boston who played there. He had offers from other (bigger) schools. I asked him one time why he chose UCSB. Having been there many times myself...he just looked at me and said, "are you kidding...one tour of the campus and (the scenery) is all it took". Lol. He had a good time and wound up marrying one the hotties from there. Good player.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m more interested in the big guys we want. We need them more. We only need to hit on one more Freshman Point guard. We need a couple of Freshman Bigs.
          I think we need a grad transfer stretch 4/5 and another freshman big. Along with another solid freshman pg.

Comment

• The only guy on our team who is a guaranteed starter is ETN, and probably Udeze. Everyone else should expect competition for minutes and a starting spot. Any player on the team who doesn't expect IB to be looking to upgrade at their position is kidding themselves. And every recruit should expect a chance to start and get heavy minutes!! Yeah, we won the AAC, but this team has so many holes and so many areas for someone to step in and fill them. Minutes are wide open. Coach should have no hesitation in making it clear to everyone (recruits and returners) that minutes are not owned by anyone. Until you win a natty and have everyone back, no one's spot is safe, IMO.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• RJ Glasper (6'0" 180 LB) guard from Oral Bob in the portal. Averaged 11.0 / 3.1 / 2.1 points rebounds assists as senior last year. One year of eligibility. Good shooting percentages at 43.5 / 35.2 / 92.9 field goal three and free throw. This will be his fourth team after Ark Tech, Arkansas and Oral.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...245/rj-glasper

Comment

• Mykell Robinson (6'7" 205 LB) forward out of North Texas in the portal. Played at Sunrise Christian. Averaged 1.2 / 0.6 / 0.1 points rebound assists last year as a freshman in just 3.3 minutes per game. 4 years of eligibility left. Had some good offers out of HS from UMASS, Tulsa, and Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

I had a buddy back in the day from Boston who played there. He had offers from other (bigger) schools. I asked him one time why he chose UCSB. Having been there many times myself...he just looked at me and said, "are you kidding...one tour of the campus and (the scenery) is all it took". Lol. He had a good time and wound up marrying one the hotties from there. Good player.
                  Was his name Sam, Sam Adams?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Was his name Sam, Sam Adams?
                    Haha. Mike something. I'll have to look him up. Been a while. He played on the same team with NBA'er Brian Shaw. I'll never forget in our adult men's basketball league we were playing a team with a bunch of thugs. We were smoking 'em late in the second half by probably 30 points. He had a breakaway and was flying up to slam it home and the kid chasing him caught him from behind mid-air giving a pretty big shove causing him to totally miss and crumble to the ground. He got up and the young punk took a swing at him. Mike moved to avoid the punch. They both looked at each for a second and the kid tried again. Mike moved again and finally said enough and threw a "Tyson" like punch knocking this poor kid back 10 ft with a split lip bleeding badly. Their whole bench cleared and went flying at him as we had to intervene to break it up. Cops were called and yadda-yadda-yadda. Cops were asking him why he hit the kid. Instead of saying "that guy swung first...self-defense" ...he simply smiled and said "Im from Boston man. Streets of Boston." Lol
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post

I think we need a grad transfer stretch 4/5 and another freshman big. Along with another solid freshman pg.
                      I’d take a good 6’10” athletic 4 who can help block at the rim, defend multiple positions, and rebound, whether he is a grad transfer or a Freshman.

Comment

I never heard of Wendell Green. Was he ever mentioned on here?
                        He was talked about a little bit when Trevin Wade transferred to EKU. Green is a freshman All-American and the discussion was if Trevin would be his back up. Not long after Green entered the portal and Trevin's prospects for playing time sky-rocketed. Not sure there was any talk about mutual interest between WSU and Green.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Haha. Mike something. I'll have to look him up. Been a while. He played on the same team with NBA'er Brian Shaw. I'll never forget in our adult men's basketball league we were playing a team with a bunch of thugs. We were smoking 'em late in the second half by probably 30 points. He had a breakaway and was flying up to slam it home and the kid chasing him caught him from behind mid-air giving a pretty big shove causing him to totally miss and crumble to the ground. He got up and the young punk took a swing at him. Mike moved to avoid the punch. They both looked at each for a second and the kid tried again. Mike moved again and finally said enough and threw a "Tyson" like punch knocking this poor kid back 10 ft with a split lip bleeding badly. Their whole bench cleared and went flying at him as we had to intervene to break it up. Cops were called and yadda-yadda-yadda. Cops were asking him why he hit the kid. Instead of saying "that guy swung first...self-defense" ...he simply smiled and said "Im from Boston man. Streets of Boston." Lol
                          Mike Doyle? I was curious if I had heard of him and looked up Shaw's team and that was the Mike I could find. Funny, the Goucho beat writer named Doyle "Toughest With a Cheap Shot" in Goucho history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teddy Graham View Post

Mike Doyle? I was curious if I had heard of him and looked up Shaw's team and that was the Mike I could find. Funny, the Goucho beat writer named Doyle "Toughest With a Cheap Shot" in Goucho history.
                            That might be him TeddyGraham. Played with him and another guy from New Mexico St. Both tough hombres.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I’d take a good 6’10” athletic 4 who can help block at the rim, defend multiple positions, and rebound, whether he is a grad transfer or a Freshman.
                              I would normally agree with you, but we desperately need another consistent shooter/playmaker, something Wade was just never able to be consistently.

Comment

A guy like rebraca is the best of both worlds. Plus Mcfarlin is precisely that. Not restricted to center alone defensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X