Nick Wiggins 6-6 SG Class of 2012, SIGNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
    If you're watching Nick play, any updates for those of us who are at work?
    Just tuned in online. Wiggins just converted on an and 1 to tie the game with less than a minute remaining. Posted up a smaller player and got the bucket and the foul.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Otero goes up by 2 with 5.5 seconds left.
      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Wabash goes the length of the court and misses at the buzzer. Wabash and wiggins to the loser's bracket. Next game for them: 2:00PM Thursday
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Thanks for the information.

Comment

• The final score was Otero-64 Wabash Valley 62. Later, I will go back on-line and try to watch this game. Not sure how many points Wiggins scored.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Wabash missed some free throws under 10 minutes that would have really helped their cause.
              Nick was 3-5 from the line in the last 8-9 minutes.
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
              which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

• Just got back from the game. My impressions of Wiggins:

Otero played very tough man-to-man defense. Wabash had to work for every point they got. Wiggins got very few jump shots and most of those he did take were a little forced. He's definitely athletic and can jump (he jumped center and got the ball). Effort on defense seemed inconsistent and I"m not sure he can defend from the two in D1. Looked like a prototypical SF to me.

You can see he has potential but I wasn't overly impressed in his game today. I'm sure part of that was due to Otero's defense. He was the high scorer for Wabash, though.

I think I spotted Marshall across the arena. Seemed like he spent 80% of his time looking or talking on his phone. Getting updates on his USC offer, I'm sure ;) . Frank Martin, on the other hand, was mostly watching the action once he took his seat.

Comment

• Martin was probably texting Marshall trying to get updates on the SC search. Since Marshall is from the area and knows people.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Wessel will see the floor,he has better b ball iq than both mitchell and baker. So I wouldn't throw him under the bus to fast. Wiggins will be a player for who ever he goes to, I'm ready to see what armstead,williams, and van fleet do at the pg position....

Comment

• I'm not throwing anyone under the bus. I want to see Wessel do well. However, there are experienced players ahead of him and we've heard nothing but great things about what Baker brings to the team from 3G himself. Even if you take Baker out of that equation, there's still a lot of talent ahead of him.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Never thought of Wessel as slow........

Comment

• Isn't Baker more of a 2 and Wessell a 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                            Wessel will see the floor,he has better b ball iq than both mitchell and baker. So I wouldn't throw him under the bus to fast. Wiggins will be a player for who ever he goes to, I'm ready to see what armstead,williams, and van fleet do at the pg position....
                            @mumdaddy316:, you continually bring up players like Wessel and paticularly Mitchell as if everyone is dismissing them or "throwing them under the bus." That is simply not the case. Both Wessel and Mitchell might be great contributors next year or later, but there are 13 scholarship players and generally a 9 man rotation. That means that someone has to sit. On top of that, it appears that in addition to the 13 scholarship players, the Shockers will have 1, 2, or 3 D-I walk-ons. So only about 2/3 of the roster will see meaningful minutes next year.

Armstead was a part-time starter in the Pac-10, Williams and Hall were part-time starters at WSU this past year. White, Orukpe, and Cotton were in the 9/10 man rotation. That is SIX of the nine or ten spots that will receive regular PT. Van Vleet, Hawkins, and espescially Early appear "ready." That pretty much wraps up the available PT for next year and it makes Baker, Mitchell, Wessel, Green, Anacreon, and Henry dark-horses for minutes. Any or all of them could earn minutes and step into the rotation, but at this time the speculation is that they will have more to prove than the other nine. It has nothing to do with not wanting or believing that the others can succeed.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                              Isn't Baker more of a 2 and Wessell a 3?
                              For the most part, in our system, it's the same thing. A wing.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                @mumdaddy316, you continually bring up players like Wessel and paticularly Mitchell as if everyone is dismissing them or "throwing them under the bus." That is simply not the case. Both Wessel and Mitchell might be great contributors next year or later, but there are 13 scholarship players and generally a 9 man rotation. That means that someone has to sit. On top of that, it appears that in addition to the 13 scholarship players, the Shockers will have 1, 2, or 3 D-I walk-ons. So only about 2/3 of the roster will see meaningful minutes next year.

Armstead was a part-time starter in the Pac-10, Williams and Hall were part-time starters at WSU this past year. White, Orukpe, and Cotton were in the 9/10 man rotation. That is SIX of the nine or ten spots that will receive regular PT. Van Vleet, Hawkins, and espescially Early appear "ready." That pretty much wraps up the available PT for next year and it makes Baker, Mitchell, Wessel, Green, Anacreon, and Henry dark-horses for minutes. Any or all of them could earn minutes and step into the rotation, but at this time the speculation is that they will have more to prove than the other nine. It has nothing to do with not wanting or believing that the others can succeed.
                                I will say that if Green shoots as well as advertised, he could be the one seeing the court over Hawkins. I do find it hard to believe that both will play meaningful minutes this season.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X