• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Wiggins 6-6 SG Class of 2012, SIGNED

Sounds like there is lots of mutual interest here:

The source for Junior College Basketball Recruiting News and Updates

More on Nick, the son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins:

Comment

His younger brother, Andrew, mentioned in the article is Rivals' #1 ranked player for the 2014. Andrew plays at Huntington Prep where we know we have intertest in another one of their players. If you didn't read the first link, we have offered Nick a scholarship for next year. We are currently in his top two.
      In the fast lane

Comment

You know what HCGM says, "recruiting is like shaving, you stop and you'll look like a bum." Apparently coach likes a close shave.

Comment

Nick was a qualifier out of high school. Last year he had offers from Indiana State, Kent State, Milwauke and probably Bradley after Gino Ford became their coach. For those who haven't read the links, his list this year includes Baylor (offer), Villanova, Pittsburg and Oregon. Oregon shares his top two with the Shockers.
          Last edited by tropicalshox; January 26, 2012, 08:40 PM.
          In the fast lane

Comment

It's probably going to be easier to get playing time at Oregon than at WSU.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              It's probably going to be easier to get playing time at Oregon than at WSU.
              I don't know about Oregon but we're losing Murry, Kyles, and Smith (all who play this position) and at least one of them start and two probably average around 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I don't know about Oregon but we're losing Murry, Kyles, and Smith (all who play this position) and at least one of them start and two probably average around 20 minutes.
                Williams, Cotton, Armstead, Baker. Those guys are all expected to get minutes. Then there's the always-ignored Mitchell, who had similar JuCo stats to Wiggins.

Now, put him at SF and that's a completely different story.

I had to take a dig at Altman. Don't get too many opportunities and I didn't want to miss one.

I really hope we get this guy. If we do and he likes it here, he might put in a good word with his little bro.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Williams, Cotton, Armstead, Baker. Those guys are all expected to get minutes. Then there's the always-ignored Mitchell, who had similar JuCo stats to Wiggins.

Now, put him at SF and that's a completely different story.

I had to take a dig at Altman. Don't get too many opportunities and I didn't want to miss one.

I really hope we get this guy. If we do and he likes it here, he might put in a good word with his little bro.
                  Sorry, my detection meter was turned off.

Comment

Nick could probably be a SF or SG.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

I hope this is "best player available" because I'd feel better with another Carl Hall before we sign another wing.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

yep

Comment

Would Nick be a 2 or 3 year player? If it opened doors to his little brother, I'd be thrilled with his addition.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Just for the record, Oregon has a 6-6 junior named E.J. Singler
                            that starts for them at small forward. He is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Would Nick be a 2 or 3 year player? If it opened doors to his little brother, I'd be thrilled with his addition.
                              He played at another juco last year, so I assume he's a 2-year player.

What this guy would do is move Early solidly into the 4 spot. I'm not sure it helps with our post depth, however. To get this kid means at least one current underclassmen won't return, even if Armstead or Baker or anyone else decide to pay their own way next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X