Nick Wiggins 6-6 SG Class of 2012, SIGNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    It was hard for me not to put him in the starting lineup. I just think if Wiggins is the player I've been led to believe he is, it'd be hard not to start him. 6'6" with handles. He can slash and shoot well from deep. That's a hell of a player. It's possible that Wiggins would come in to back up DWill and Early as a JR and start as a SR.
    I think they will see a lot of court time together (assuming Wig signs). DWill could start at the point or SG. It was easy this season to overlook DWill because of the other guards but DWill is a stud IMHO. He will be a leader on next years team.

Comment

• Wessel some time at SF?

Comment

• our lack of proven shooters is a glaring weakness for next year. What we know for certain is that our main returners are not known for their outside shooting - DWill and Jake are probably top 2 and that's not saying much. If anyone can prove to be a reliable 3 point threat, they will have opportunites for major minutes. To me, that sounds like Baker and Green. I have no idea how the other newcomers shoot, but we need it badly.

Comment

• Here's what the returners did this season:

Williams (19-54) 35.2
          Cotton (8-22) 36.4
          Wessel (3-13) 23.1
          White (3-13) 23.1
          Anacreon (0-2) 00.0

I think White will improve. Baker should be just fine. Green sounds like he's very capable and FVV isn't too shabby. We can make it work. Although having Wiggins would make me feel a lot better.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here's what the returners did this season:

Williams (19-54) 35.2
            Cotton (8-22) 36.4
            Wessel (3-13) 23.1
            White (3-13) 23.1
            Anacreon (0-2) 00.0

I think White will improve. Baker should be just fine. Green sounds like he's very capable and FVV isn't too shabby. We can make it work. Although having Wiggins would make me feel a lot better.
            Yea, on this thread (Grant Gibbs wink), I totally agree with Sub. Even Early and Hawkins have 3-point ability.

Comment

Here's what the returners did this season:

Williams (19-54) 35.2
              Cotton (8-22) 36.4
              Wessel (3-13) 23.1
              White (3-13) 23.1
              Anacreon (0-2) 00.0

Sub is not worried in the midst of the "usual" we ShockerNetters experience this time of the year, most every year. However, FSF must concur with SubGod22 with his need to "feel better with Wiggins being added to our beloved Shocker Roster." You know what? I was feeling sort of greedy but was really wanting us to sign Mr. Hawkins. Then it happened!!! That was sooo very groovy. Now, why not go for "all the marbles" and top this awesome class off with 1 or 2 more? Yes, we want and need Mr. Wiggins and ShockerNation will fill the Chuck just to see these Shocks reload and win!!!!!!! Can u dig it???????
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Wiggins' team plays at 11 AM tomorrow (Wednesday) in Hutch and that feed from the NJCAA site is pretty good (save, the lack of a clock).
                I'm going over for the Friday and Saturday night games - hope to see him play.
                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• No one is talking about joe mitchell and how much of a help he will be for us?

Comment

• Joe has been mentioned numerous times - he is a very solid player. This thread is entitled "Nick Wiggins."

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                      No one is talking about joe mitchell and how much of a help he will be for us?
                      if you have any special insight into Joe and his abilities, please start a thread on it. Joe is under the radar at this point and has a lot to prove.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        if you have any special insight into Joe and his abilities, please start a thread on it. Joe is under the radar at this point and has a lot to prove.
                        Exactly. And as has been mentioned in a number of other threads, he has to be able to bench at least one of Armstead, FVV, Baker, Cotton, Williams to see the court. If Wiggins is brought in, that makes it even more difficult for him to get PT.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Is something going on with Wessel? Nobody is mentioning him for next year and, in fact, someone specifically asked about him and no response.
                          “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopsnut View Post
                            Is something going on with Wessel? Nobody is mentioning him for next year and, in fact, someone specifically asked about him and no response.
                            Wessel is also buried inthe depth chart and is probably going to struggle to see the court next year. He should have redshirted. But he's a 2/3 type and appears to be behind Early, Baker, Cotton and Williams. If we add Wiggins, he's even farther behind.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• If you're watching Nick play, any updates for those of us who are at work?

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopsnut View Post
                                Is something going on with Wessel? Nobody is mentioning him for next year and, in fact, someone specifically asked about him and no response.
                                I am not impressed with Wessel, he looks slow on the court, he would tear up the KCAC but is overmatched in D1 I am afraid.
                                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Working...
                                X