Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS is the kind of athleticism we need from future bigs!

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
      He was called a snag for the Shocks to sign...but is he a lunker?
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        I like it. I like this a lot

Comment

• Not a 5, but a 4

Comment

• His 7’3” wingspan and 6’10” height can hang with the best athletes in the paint.

Comment

• Hope so, but he's narrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That step back at 6'10...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Hope so, but he's narrow
                    ...and quicker though.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Hope so, but he's narrow
                      6’10 and 232 isn’t narrow and that was last years weight. Maybe he’s wider now or by next year. 240 maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

6’10 and 232 isn’t narrow and that was last years weight. Maybe he’s wider now or by next year. 240 maybe?
                        Pascal Siakam size length and athleticism!

Comment

• The thing that may be under valued in JB is his speed. He can flat out run. When you look at the high school video 2 years ago he flat out ran two guys down that were in front of him for break aways and he caught them and blocked their shots. That is impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                            The thing that may be under valued in JB is his speed. He can flat out run. When you look at the high school video 2 years ago he flat out ran two guys down that were in front of him for break aways and he caught them and blocked their shots. That is impressive.
                            His recovery and help on defense will be a God send
                            The Assman

Comment

• If I saw these videos (yes, I know they're highlights) for someone signed with an opponent, I would be afraid. Very afraid.

One thing we should have learned from Midtgaard. It's easier to get off the ground and down the court at 230 than at 270. Cumberland gets to the basket because of his strength. Mills and Reaves are not wide bodies, but they both get to the basket by going around and between people. Bilau moves more like Mills and Reaves and less like Midtgaard.

So, we get the big wide bodied guy, Midtgaard, and fans complain because he can't jump and isn't fast enough down the court. We get the more athletic guy and fans complain that he's too light. Conclusion: Fans complain.

I thought Midtgaard was the default starter next year. When he entered the transfer portal, I figured Marwshall knew something that the rest of us didn't know. The low numbers of prospects beoing recruited who are posts might indicate that position is covered by players already in the program.

If Midtgaard was going to be the starter, there would be no reason for him to transfer in order to get more minutes and a better opportunity playing pro in Europe.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Sigh. I never said he's too light. Watch him warm up before the home games. He's extremely talented. Love him. I just don't think he's a 5. .......and maybe we'll play without one.

Comment

Working...
                                X