Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerning Josaphat Bilau; thought it was interesting that he had an ice pack attached to his 'shin' when they returned to the floor the second half.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Gordon is the next one up at the 4, and isn't a redshirt possibility anymore.
      This is correct.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Poor Bear will probably be back next game, but if he's not back and while DD is on leave, Gordon is the next one up at the 4, and isn't a redshirt possibility anymore.
        Did something change? I thought he was no longer a RS possibility after the Omaha game (back on Nov 5th), unless he qualified for a medical RS before the cutoff time. I likely don't want that to happen to a player.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Did something change? I thought he was no longer a RS possibility after the Omaha game (back on Nov 5th), unless he qualified for a medical RS before the cutoff time. I likely don't want that to happen to a player.
          That's correct. Once he entered that first non-conference game, he was no longer eligible for a redshirt.

Comment

• I thought he could play the three too - I realize he is 6'10"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

The only game he played this season was the exhibition, which he was allowed to play without burning the RS. He did not play against Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

The only game he played this season was the exhibition, which he was allowed to play without burning the RS. He did not play against Omaha.
                He was talking about D Gordon.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He was talking about D Gordon.
                  Ah. That makes slightly more sense. Gordon has played 9 of 12 games, so I’m not even sure why his RS is being discussed.

Comment

• Anybody know the status of Wessel’s scholarship?

Comment

• Wonder how this future jewell is coming along. He needs the year to redshirt and learn from his older peers. Learn the system and work with Kerry Rosenboom who is the best in the business!

Comment

• It's going to be hung in the rafters at the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                          Anybody know the status of Wessel’s scholarship?
                          Yeah, it expired in 2016.

Comment

• A lot can change in a year and I’ve only seen him play twice but I envision Bilau as a defensive and rebounding menace at the center position. I was impressed by his tenacity on the boards. He seemed to be near every rebound. His quickness at 6’10 was amazing. Guarding 1-5 seems like a legit option for him.

If he can polish his offensive game which was honestly better than I expected already then he’ll be a nice piece of the puzzle to replace Echinique.

Comment

• I think Bilau is the most interesting prospect Marshall has had. Hold that. Baker, being unrated, coming out of a small western Kansas small town and getting 3 years in the NBA has got to be the most interesting Marshall recruit. Baker's situation comes up maybe once a century.

Bilau is fascinating because his range of possibilities ranges from "decent" D1 player to NBA SF with a long career..

Bilau is certainly not an NBA prospect now. Neither were Baker, VanVleet, Shamet, or Early when they got to WSU.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Don’t forget Orukpe. Also a fascinating prospect with that body and athleticism...just not a basketball player.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X