Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    it sounds like he doesnt have a "motor". it usually takes some time to acquire that asset.
    I'd probably lose my "motor" too if i had to play on a team that had the Ball family involved. Having to deal with his dad would make me want to quit basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      it sounds like he doesnt have a "motor". it usually takes some time to acquire that asset.
      If he really doesn't have a "motor", that could be a problem as that is something people are usually either born with or not.

Comment

• Let's not get carried away in either direction. That scout said like 8 times "I don't know because he never got to play." Personally, I did not find it very informative. I do appreciate that Eldridge tried to find anything he could on a recruit about whom we have very little info.

Comment

• pie n eye
          pie n eye commented
          Editing a comment
          I came away more encouraged than not. Sounds like the skills are there.

• Work on those legs and the sky's the limit. He potentially has 4 years to craft his craft under Marshall and staff to become a lottery pick and win a couple NCAA Championships along the way!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Watch out for that talk about legs, AZ -- you'll get our old pal Ricky all fired up.

• While I agree the scout admitted there wasn't much to go on because the young man never really got on the court until a game was well in hand, he did have enough to go on to recognize there's potential. There's no doubt in my mind that 3G and his staff will develop JoB into a much better player than he is. It may happen sooner rather than later but I'm pretty sure he will contribute this year. I just don't see him red-shirting, especially knowing how Gregg allows the player to make that decision and the fact that JoB is on record stating he wanted to sign with a team for which he could contribute immediately. With Trey and DeAntoni in the mix, I don't imagine JoB will get more than about ten minutes a game, and that probably won't happen until later in the season.

Comment

• Let's cut out all the "tempered expectations" bullshit. That's no fun with a recruit that looks like EO with actual basketball skills. You people make milk toast taste like Ghost Pepper Spicy Chicken ramen.

When's this guy gonna be on campus?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• shoxlax
            shoxlax commented
            Editing a comment
            LMAO at you. Teddy who?

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            I read somewhere he'll be here around July 1 in time for the 2nd academic summer session

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            Good call @Dan

"Although Bilau make a quick decision on WSU, his decision to commit in late June puts him behind schedule for the typical high school recruit. Etienne, Gordon and Sherfield arrived at WSU at the start of June, while Fernandes came after his graduation on June 17.

Bilau, who is staying with his guardian in Virginia, will pack up and head to Wichita sometime this week so he can start the second session of summer school, which begins July 1."

• Two things will determine whether Josie will have success here:
          1. Is he coachable-willing to work hard, bright enough to learn system, able to take criticism?

and

2. Will he be a good teammate-high character, mentor to others and respected?

I have zero doubt #2 will be yes. I am betting on #1 to be yes too but be patient because he has never been exposed to what he is about to go through.

Comment

• Evidently Dexter (and the rest of the team) approved. :)

Last edited by Windiwu; June 26, 2019, 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot the linki

Comment

• Dexter seems to be the go-to student-athlete 3G is now relying on for his recruiting visits and it appears the kid knows how to close a deal. I liked him before and now I like him even more!

Comment

• Does anyone know when our Frenchman will be on campus?

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
                  Does anyone know when our Frenchman will be on campus?
                  I thought I heard by July 2 for the summer school session, maybe the July 2 is a pipe dream, though
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
                    Does anyone know when our Frenchman will be on campus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

If he really doesn't have a "motor", that could be a problem as that is something people are usually either born with or not.
                      I am confident about JB and his motor. JT Durley arrived here without as much motor as Coach (or fans) wanted, but developed. I watched Shaq Morris in high school and came away thinking he had all the skill and talent needed if he could develope “motor”. The same was true for a while here. It came with time.

It it took the staff time to make real players out of both these young men, but they did. I know Coach Marshall went through a lot of frustration with both of them, but was successful in both cases.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Durley and Morris both became fine players, but both were still miles away from their full potential. Especially Morris.

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If fine means 1st team all league, I’ll take it

• “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• wichshock65
                        wichshock65 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exactly what I was thinking. He'll be buying yet another new keyboard.

• Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is that basket at full height?

• ShockAzs
                        ShockAzs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Cold is?

• Bilau has significant ball skill and quickness for a 6-10 player. The difference of him playing 12 minutes per game vs. 20 will be how committed he is to playing angry on defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X