Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

The 6-0 point guard at Rockford (Auburn), Illinois has an offer from Wichita State. Also in the hunt are Missouri State, Kent State, Northern Illinois and Colorado State. He could be making a decision soon.

In the fast lane

Eric Bossi's thoughts on Van Vleet:

"It's going to be a surprise if Midwestern mid-majors don't get into a major fight over the services of the 5-foot-11 lead guard. No, he's not the quickest kid and won't be the kind of guy mixtape filmers make a priority. But, people who like to see winners play the point guard position with poise, confidence and solid decision making will enjoy watching Van Vleet."

In the fast lane

Comment

With Dana Ford on staff, perhaps more emphasis on Chicago?
      In the fast lane

Comment

Pepperdine, Drake, Nevada and a little interest from Illinois over the years have been mentioned in the past.

H.S. stats as a junior were 18.5 points, 7.5 assists, 5 rebounds and 5 steals per game.

Ranked #3 in the Chicago area by ChicagoHoops.
        In the fast lane

Comment

5 steals a game and lacks quickness???

Comment

From the Chicago Tribune's Preps Plus ...

Coming along: Look for Fred Van Vleet to play his way into the Mr. Basketball of Illinois conversation next season.

The Rockford Auburn guard's outstanding individual play has resulted in victory after victory for the Rockford-based PrymeTyme, which won the 17-under title in Merrillville by beating Full Package Elite.

Van Vleet recently added Wichita State to a collection of offers that includes Northern Illinois, Southern Illinois, Drake, Kent State and Detroit. A 3.8 student, the 5-11 junior has all the qualities — tangibles and intangible — coaches look for in a floor general.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Nevada offers.
              In the fast lane

Comment

"VanVleet’s recruitment has picked up over the last month, and it’s likely to continue that path if he keeps it open until the July period. But the process, especially all the phone calls, is getting to VanVleet, and he may end it sooner than later. Right now, he‘s down to Kent State, Northern Illinois and Wichita State."

In the fast lane

Comment

VanVleet could be a solid 4 year player. Come on Dana, show him some tapes of the crowd and atmosphere at WSU. NIU doesn't even draw 2,000 fans. I think at least one game only had about 500.

Comment

Didn't we have a kicker with that last name back in the seventies?

Comment

Will attend the Colorado State elite camp. I'm not for sure but I believe their camp is in two weeks and doesn't conflict with WSU's.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Decision may come by the beginning of the July evaluation period. It's looking like NIU, WSU and Kent State will be the final three.

Get exclusive coverage of Illinois high school basketball with game summaries, player interviews, recruiting news, and expert analysis. Stay updated today!

I'll be very happy getting the #2 ranked player from Illinois.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Hey Shox fans!

I'll be seeing FVV play (fingers crossed that he shows up!) this weekend at a shootout in Peoria.

I'll try to bring back a good assessment for you guys; it sounds like you're on this guy hard.
                          ISU Athletic Supporter

Comment

That would be amazing! Any first hand reporting is always welcome.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Lame...

Rockford Auburn didn't end up coming to the shootout. I was really bummed out. The shootout itself was poorly run to begin with.

I'll likely see RA and FVV play sometime this season. If WSU is still in the running, I'll make sure to drop by and give my assessment.

Have a good one Shock Nation!
                              ISU Athletic Supporter

Comment

Working...
                              X