Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lame...

Originally posted by 45otseoj
    Rockford Auburn didn't end up coming to the shootout. I was really bummed out. The shootout itself was poorly run to begin with.

I'll likely see RA and FVV play sometime this season. If WSU is still in the running, I'll make sure to drop by and give my assessment.

Have a good one Shock Nation!
    I think he's done his work to pick between his current top three. He could be a Shocker or go with Kent State or NIU well before then.
    In the fast lane

Comment

A pic of Fred:

Comment

In the fast lane

Comment

When does the July signing period end?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            When does the July signing period end?
            There isn't a July signing period. You are probably thinking of financial aid agreements which as far as I know can be signed anytime.
            In the fast lane

Comment

According to Cavan Walsh (@cavwalsh) of chicagohoops.com, Fred Van Vleet has committed to WSU.

Tweets:

cavwalsh Cavan Walsh
              Fred Van Vleet is off the board to Wichita State a big get for the Shockers on the 4th of July

Comment

Oh man, I am really excited. Extra, really excited.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

This is sweet! A truely happy 4th :posterwu:
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Awesome! Tremendous get!
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Good news indeed!
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Big assist to Dana Ford.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

ebosshoops Eric Bossi
                          Really like the pickup of Fred Van Vleet for Wichita State. Solid 3-star PG who really understands how to play game. Great feel.

Comment

If true, this will more than make up for the eariler news regarding Walker. I've liked everything I've read about Van Vleet and he was my top choice.

:wsu_posters: :yahoo: :wsu_posters: :clap: :thewave:

Comment

Originally posted by JCole200
                              According to Cavan Walsh (@cavwalsh) of chicagohoops.com, Fred Van Vleet has committed to WSU.

Tweets:

cavwalsh Cavan Walsh
                              Fred Van Vleet is off the board to Wichita State a big get for the Shockers on the 4th of July
                              anytime you read this about a recruit, you have to feel good about him

Van Vleet, a 5'11 point guard, is the #1-rated point guard prospect in the state of Illinois, and one of the Top 3 overall prospects in the Illinois Class of 2012.

Comment

18.5 pts. 7.5 assists (wow!), 5 boards, and 5 steals as a Jr. For a 5'11" PG who's main criticism seems to be that he's "not that quick", but is a "true point guard".

That's a lot of points for a "true point guard", but 7.5 assists says he is that. 5 boards for a 5'11" guy is good even if he was playing 3A in KS. 5 steals for a guy who's "not that quick" is insane.

The best possibility that explains all that is that Van Vleet has incredible basketball IQ. He's racking up those stats in Chicago. He's playing a lot of future D1 players every time he's on the court.

Van Vleet has the credentials to become Marshall's best recruit so far. Everything I've seen indicates a Hannah-like player with Hatch's basketball IQ. Maybe not the shooter that Hannah was because I haven't seen 3-pt. stats. I'm assuming Van Vleet's points are coming closer to the hoop, which may not work in D1.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X