Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support the return of football at WSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    I understand that some folks will complain about how far they have to walk to get to the stadium. Having to walk a quarter mile or more (probably more) will simply be a fact of life for most in attendance. It just comes with the territory.

My concern is still a lack of space. You will not only have the stadium, you will need practice fields for both the team & marching band, space for whatever womens programs have to be started, and parking for 10 - 15k vehicles on gameday.

I'm sure we can find the space somewhere, but not so sure that we can do it on campus.
    I dont think it can be done on campus myself. Its going to cost more to redo Cessna Stadium as compared to building brand new.

This is just a thought. but they could use Cessna Stadium area for another Shocker Hall along with parking garage and do the innovation building where they want to do . They could potentially put practice spots there since its on campus and dont need parking but those same practice spots could be used for a womens sport (say soccer?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      I dont think it can be done on campus myself. Its going to cost more to redo Cessna Stadium as compared to building brand new.

This is just a thought. but they could use Cessna Stadium area for another Shocker Hall along with parking garage and do the innovation building where they want to do . They could potentially put practice spots there since its on campus and dont need parking but those same practice spots could be used for a womens sport (say soccer?)
      They should build new. Tear down Cessna and use the space for additional dorms / parking. There isn't enough room for a modern 30 -50k stadium where Cessna is.

A new stadium would have to be on the east side of campus or somewhere else entirely.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• It took WSU 120 years to develop the 198 combined acres you see above in Zone 1 and Zone 2. The new development in the former Braeburn GC parcel of 123 acres - that which is currently under construction, plus near-term probable (new b-school and dorms) - is going to utilize at most 25% of that land. Maybe less when you consider that in the above graphic the spot where the new Experimental Engineering building is going up is actually mostly on top of what was the Wheatshocker dorms (included in Zone 2 above).

All this to say that there just might be room for a football stadium in the roughly 90-100 acres of vacant land remaining, when it took WSU over a century to build out ~225 acres. Master plans are organic, and I doubt Bardo would ix-nay a new football stadium (should that long hypothetical come to life), so that he can leave room for surface parking lots and a Super 8.

And there are no plans to raze Cessna. We need someplace for T&F, state track, and possibly added women's sports. They do plan to take down the east side bleachers though, for a parking garage.

Comment

• So I was bored today and made some jersey concepts. lol

HOME:

AWAY:

ALTERNATIVE:

Last edited by DPruett2333; February 4, 2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• I really like the black over black.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Home - black shirts, white pants
              Away - white shirts, yellow pants
              Alternate - yellow shirts, white pants
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Discussion of football viability at Indiana State.

Comment

• Idaho (Big Sky) and New Mexico State (WAC) have been given notice they will be out of Sun Belt football after 2017. All the Shockers have to do is find 4-5 more schools looking for a new conference. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurking Dog View Post
                    Idaho (Big Sky) and New Mexico State (WAC) have been given notice they will be out of Sun Belt football after 2017. All the Shockers have to do is find 4-5 more schools looking for a new conference. lol

So they are being pushed out by the Sun Belt. Sounds like Idaho my go back to the Big Sky and drop to FCS. Not sure what New Mexico State will do.

I did get a bit of a chuckle reading this statement from the Sun Belt:

"This 10-team football league will maximize the Sun Belt's on-field performance, push us to the top ranking of our four peer conferences, and will give us the best opportunity to soon place a team in one of the College Football Playoff's New Year's Day bowl games,"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...QDBHNlYwNzYw--

So they are being pushed out by the Sun Belt. Sounds like Idaho my go back to the Big Sky and drop to FCS. Not sure what New Mexico State will do.

I did get a bit of a chuckle reading this statement from the Sun Belt:
                      Chuckle??? ROTFLMAO!!!

Comment

• Mostly, the conference will no longer have to share bowl revenue with two schools that haven't been earning bowl revenue.

Comment

• AACbbs: The #1 Board for American Athletic Conference sports on the internet.

I don't know if this is just one of our own messing around on the AAC board but its 4 pages at this point, any truth to this rumor?
                          Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

• Sorry - NO WAY, had our opportunity there and could not ever build a competitive program. Have not seen anything change to make football successful here now. Financing football would probably kill our total athletic program. It is a dream of a lot of us, including me but not at that cost.
                          Last edited by B1ShockFan; July 8, 2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• This says all we need to know:

The rumor mill (I don’t want to give away my informant) is claiming the former player/coach the WSU administration sought out is Bill Parcells. IF this is true, the administration is sticking to their usual method of consulting major people with connections for big time moves. (Danny Ainge was rumored to be involved in the Gregg Marshall hire.)
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• ShockTalk
                            ShockTalk commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, I laughed pretty good at that one, then continued to read to see who was going to call him out on it. NONE.

• "I'm going to throw out Bill Parcells' name because I think they will bite" is hilarious when, to my knowledge, Parcells has not publicly commented on anything WSU-related in probably half a century.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                        X