Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support the return of football at WSU?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being competitive at football begins and ends with conference affiliation. We're in a good conference now so it's feasible. MUCH more feasible than if we were still in the MoValley.

T

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      This x 1000. The time to strike is when the irons hot... unfortunately, the iron will only be hot for another 5 years, then it will be as 'cold as ice'.

We'll all be sayin'... what have we done and why didn't we look ahead?

https://media.giphy.com/media/9aVfqdOyOtGGQ/giphy.gif

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      THE Bardo would be smiling from his grave if we pulled it off. He was for football. He was also one of the most influential people ever to be affiliated with our university. Why would anybody doubt him now?

T

• Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS View Post
    https://csnbbs.com/thread-878731.html

I don't know if this is just one of our own messing around on the AAC board but its 4 pages at this point, any truth to this rumor?
    The timing doesn't quite seem to fit considering the search for a new University President is still in process unless it is somehow tied into that search.

Comment

• Four words: "Show me the money." It would take a LOT to avoid ruining the athletic department financially, and we've just seen an example in the late and semi-lamented UConn of what not to do, a large part of which was to have (and spend money accordingly on) big-time but unrealistic football aspirations.

WSU is exactly where it ought to be in football -- out of the business -- and if it wants to emulate anyone it should be Gonzaga, which has better things to do than waste energy and money on football, and whose basketball program is consequently a great illustration of the value of staying focused on what can actually be done in a given situation.

I'm no more of a Lew Perkins apologist than anyone else on here, but the ultimate result of his impact on WSU football was to facilitate putting the Shocks where they are today athletically.

Comment

• The AAC would never take WSU in FB unless ESPN told the league that adding WSU would enhance the TV contract to the point that all the schools in the league would get more money. By AAC standards, Wichita is a small market. To get into the league, WSU would have to draw from a national audience to get the necessary eyes on TV's to get an invite from the AAC. And, WSU would have to do that as an independent.

That old line, "so you're saying there is a chance" doesn't work here. There actually isn't a chance.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Come on guys, quit busting my chops. I had to generate some WSU related offseason conversation that a Memphis fan wouldn’t turn into “yeah but peso”. It’s a farce, sure, but it’s fun to think about.
          When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
          Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

Comment

Working...
          X