durley is a beast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• durley is a beast!

So for all that talk about durley being lazy in practice. Hes about the least lazy player on the court. game in and game out.
    Hes a no holds barred beast out there.

Those two blocks were incredible!

thoughts?
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

im just glad that we have him around for a while, hopefully!! :D
    ________
    South park dicussion
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Re: durley is a beast!

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
      So for all that talk about durley being lazy in practice. Hes about the least lazy player on the court. game in and game out.
      Hes a no holds barred beast out there.

Those two blocks were incredible!

thoughts?
      I think we need to record the crowd going crazy for the 1 second that they go crazy in a game and repeatedly play it over the PA system. He really stepped it up when the crowd got into it during those couple possessions.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Hes been a very pleasant surprise! He can only get bett6er as his D improves and he decides he wants to dominatethe game! :posterwu: :good: :goshocks: 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

wow, Coach wasn't kidding about his potential!

Comment

J.T. played a very good game last night, I'd like to see him get a few more mins. but it might be a conditioning factor too. As impressed as I was with Durley, I gotta say Mantas impressed me with his attempt to posterize that guy in the second half on the baseline, that was incredible. We have some "big" guys that can play, especially if Phil keeps playing well....we will be a good team when the calendar turns to conference season
            -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

True dat brutha man!
              All he need now is a cross-over dribble.
              I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker
                J.T. played a very good game last night, I'd like to see him get a few more mins. but it might be a conditioning factor too. As impressed as I was with Durley, I gotta say Mantas impressed me with his attempt to posterize that guy in the second half on the baseline, that was incredible. We have some "big" guys that can play, especially if Phil keeps playing well....we will be a good team when the calendar turns to conference season
                Thought mantas was going to hit his head on the rim.. and thats after he took off outside of the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
                  Originally posted by Slalomshocker
                  Thought mantas was going to hit his head on the rim.. and thats after he took off outside of the paint.
                  Yeah, he about dunked it even though he was 2-3 feet from the basket still and in mid-air when he got fouled LOL. I definately hope he keeps improving, cause he could be a HUGE factor for us.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Here was a factor in last nights win------WYOMING BENCH--0 POINTS. WSU-17 POINTS---and Durley had 10 of them along with 6 rebounds.

The Center rotation of PT and JT is becoming consistant. These young men will be shorter but quicker than most teams Centers we play. Last night, both players were using their skills to our advantage, and they sure were hustling.

Remember the movie Hooiser's? The new Coach intoduced the active players to the student body. However, their star player chose early on not to play. The students were gunching, wanting him to play. The new Coach points to the players on the floor and said "This is your team."

Likewise, we still hope EO gets here before Jan-1 or we would even take him for next year. Real life now may not be like this true movie where this player did show up to help lead them to a State Championship. However, for now--PT, and JT are our Centers and I am Liking what I am witnessing thus-far.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think Durley better be building a 6' shelf in his crib to hold the awards he's likely to get before he graduates.

It looks like he's already as comfortable and accurate shooting a 3 as Wilson was. Durley looks to have the potential to be a more athletic version of Wilson with more bulk and ability to bang down low.

If Durley's game stays the same level he's playing now, his Fr year will be better than Falker's So year. Durley already outweighs Falker. Durley has more shooting range than Falker.

I don't think comparisons to Wilson and Falker are unfounded.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Code:
                            Min Fg-a Ft-a R A TO F TP 
                        Durley 17 4-7 0-0 6 1 2 0 10
                        Yup

and Butlers back to

If he can contribute at least at a minimum of 5-7 minutes that its nothing but butter.

Comment

Aargh, last night I was saying the same thing about Durley and Wilson. It is easy to think Durley has better upside since he is has some physical tools Wilson never had and has shown an ability to score in a bunch of ways (Behind the arc, the 12 footer, and the "Tim Duncan" multiple head fakes/spin move score). It is hard to limit my expectations for him...

Comment

I'm a little confused - is he more like Wilson or Falkner? That's a pretty big contrrast in style.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                              I'm a little confused - is he more like Wilson or Falkner? That's a pretty big contrrast in style.
                              When playing well, he is a lot like Falker defensively and down low with the 3 point jumper of Kyle.

He has the potential to be just as scary good as that combination sounds, but he needs to keep his conditioning and work ethic up. If he does that, he could be better than just good.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X