Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Durley showed he could hit the three in practices and scrimmages but so did every other player on the team. The difference is Durley can hit it under the bright lights. If someone could isolate that particular genetic trait they could retire a wealthy person. J.T. Durley gets better when the pressure is on. He is someone you want on the floor during crunch time. He is a 6'7" black Ben Jacobson.

T

...8)
    Well, T., you know I love you, but don't go that far. He is not a guard, hence, he is not like Jacobsen. He is a 4 man and I am damn proud to have him.

If JT has the same spin move in the lane that Jacobsen had, then I will change my mind and say you are spot on.

Man, what a load that would be. Imagine him driving the paint and faking the defender with a spin move. Gad, the poor defender probably would say, "What the f*#%?"
    LoL! I only meant in respect to his ability to elevate his game (e.g. Durley in practice and Durley in a live game situation). I predict that opponents will not want the ball in Durley's hands in the last seconds of the game with something on the line... That is just my thoughts...

T

...8)

Comment

• Durley is just flat-out aggressive with the ball in his hands. That's a rare trait for even a RS Fr. Other recent Fr with that trait were Jamar Howard and Mo Evans.

I thought I read or heard somewhere that Marshall has a "see" play for Durley. Get the ball to him and "see" what he can do with it. Durley seems to have a green light to create when he gets the ball.

Durley will likely get doubled in Valley play. The players probably have plays they run and screens they're setting on Durley's "see" plays. If Durley can learn to find the open player on a double - or find the open player on a "see" play if he can't get a shot, that would seem to complete his abilities as an offensive player.

I'm confident Durley's D will progress. If he can work some FB skills into his D (body position, angles, leverage) he can probably learn to move opponents around the court in games that are called a bit loose in the paint. I think JT would enjoy that type of D and would probably find the motivation to bulk up a bit, get cut a bit and have the strength and attitude to impose his will down low.

Durley came in a bit raw. I think he has the basketball coaching and strength coaching available to end his career at WSU at about 255 with inside presence and the ability to hit from outside. That's not an NBA "tweener". That's an NBA SF. If that's Durley's goal and he takes coaching, conditioning, strength training and practices seriously ...

...Marshall has produced some big guys who got NBA looks. I think Marshall can honestly tell JT that he has more potential as a Fr than those players. All JT has to do is want it bad enough to do the unbelievably intense work to achieve it.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
        Durley came in a bit raw. I think he has the basketball coaching and strength coaching available to end his career at WSU at about 255 with inside presence and the ability to hit from outside. That's not an NBA "tweener". That's an NBA SF. If that's Durley's goal and he takes coaching, conditioning, strength training and practices seriously ...
        An accomplished 3! How cool that would be.

There is a love fest going on this fine forum. I hope it is not like a summer love. I'm trying to be a reluctant lover, but I am not doing too well at it.

Comment

Working...
        X