durley is a beast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goshocks
    he makes his recruiting class look more decent by the day. Gal and JT, GOOD, Butler and Brown, not so good. Butler, IMO, will be hard for me to ever say is good. I have never seen even flashes of him doing anything productive. Unless you count catching half court passes for dunks from PJ productive.
    i dont think butler will find time in the current rotation. where would he fit in?

Comment

Originally posted by swish1
      he makes his recruiting class look more decent by the day. Gal and JT, GOOD, Butler and Brown, not so good. Butler, IMO, will be hard for me to ever say is good. I have never seen even flashes of him doing anything productive. Unless you count catching half court passes for dunks from PJ productive.
      i dont think butler will find time in the current rotation. where would he fit in?
      you dont want to know my opinion on where he fits in? I think your question will be answered next spring/summer.

:wsu_posters:
      ________
      Bmw n73 history
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

you dont want to know my opinion on where he fits in? I think your question will be answered next spring/summer.

are you saying he will transfer? im confused

Comment

If Orupke doesn't play this year, Butler would be the fifth post player. The center rotation is PT and Durley. The power forward rotation is RC and MG. Due to fouls or perhaps injuries, at some point, another player in these positions will be needed.
          In the fast lane

Comment

are you saying he will transfer? im confused
            Start him over PT until EO arives...
            heres why.
            Durley makes his 3s. Durley plays with 50x the effort on defense phil does.
            In the small amount of time Durley is in, the team plays better.
            REBOUNDS.
            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Durley

RipEmUp

What are you smoking? Your comment about JT playing 50x harder on Defense than Phil is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. How many charges has JT taken this year? How many times has JT's man beat him inside? How many rebounds have teamates pulled down because Phil boxes out better than anyone on the team? I really like JT's ability, but it is on Offensive end. Yes he blocked some shots and that is great, but "50x harder"? Come on! Phil has been one of the most consistent players this year.

Comment

I don't think JT should start, primarily because I like having a spark from the bench and he has been providing it. He is obviously one of our most dynamic offensive players. I have been impressed enough with his effort on defense that I would like to see him start getting some more minutes, even if he is on the floor with PT. I think about 25 min for both is a good number, but that is assuming JT is in good enough shape to go 100% for 25 minutes. I know that HCGM has mentioned playing them together, but so far I don't think it has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                  I don't think JT should start, primarily because I like having a spark from the bench and he has been providing it. He is obviously one of our most dynamic offensive players.
                  Agree. It is also an advantage for JT to come off the bench and get some minutes against the opponent's 6th-8th man. His size and aggressiveness is tough to deal with and should pay dividends agains lesser experienced subs.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I like JT coming off the bench too. Actually I see Butler rotating in at the 4 rather than the 5, at least until he puts on some more weight. Long and lanky with long arms can work great at the 4.

I think MG needs to be at the 3, with Ellis spelling him. It does look to be obvious that GM might be running 3 guard sets next year though.

Comment

I agree. JTD has played well as a reserve but not so well that he should start over Clemente or PT.

The only place Butler seems to "fit in" is at the four. I would be happy if he simply used his athletic ability to rebound, provided some off ball help and ran the floor in transition (which is probably what he does best right now). If Butler could give MG more time at the 3, I would be happy.

That being said, judging from what I read on-line in the Wichita Eagle – I do not think Butler is going to play tonight.

Comment

The disconnect between the trainers saying Butler is ready to go and Butler saying he is not kind of concerns me for some reason. I wonder how much we'll see of Butler on the court this year.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

If this is his first "injury" then I could understand Butler being nervous despite what the trainers might say. I have personally had to deal with injuries similar to this and sometimes things just don't "feel" right. However, I would like to believe that Butler is eager to play and would want to get on the court soon rather than later.

Comment

We all know what can happen to PT when he loses confidence in himself. I don't see any point in starting JT over him when PT is playing so well, plus I agree with everyone else about the spark that JT gives us off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                              The disconnect between the trainers saying Butler is ready to go and Butler saying he is not kind of concerns me for some reason. I wonder how much we'll see of Butler on the court this year.
                              In every knee injury I have ever heard of, there is always a time gap between when a guy is medically ready to go and when he really trusts the knee. This isn't unusual. How long it will take him to be ready is hard to know, but I don't think that the fact that Arbry is responding to a knee injury the way most athletes do is anything to be worried about.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Re: Durley

Originally posted by jcdshocker
                                RipEmUp

What are you smoking? Your comment about JT playing 50x harder on Defense than Phil is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. How many charges has JT taken this year? How many times has JT's man beat him inside? How many rebounds have teamates pulled down because Phil boxes out better than anyone on the team? I really like JT's ability, but it is on Offensive end. Yes he blocked some shots and that is great, but "50x harder"? Come on! Phil has been one of the most consistent players this year.
                                without ramon setting insane screens for phil, hed have some major major downside.

So lets say Ramonil Clemmason has been consistant.
                                "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                                CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Working...
                                X