durley is a beast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
    Did anyone catch the comment from JT in postgame about how Spinnelli "took away his left hand?" He said that Spin required everyone to finish with the right on the block. I thought that was interesting. Didn't Paul Miller finish with both hands? I know that was pre Spin.
    Did he say spinelli I swore I heard him say Turgeon did
    The reason I remember that is i got a chuckle out of it

I could be wrong so...

Comment

Pretty sure it wasn't Turgeon. I couldn't quite understand the name he said--I was distracted at the time--but Spinneli sounds like it.

Wasn't Spin working with the big men after Tad left?

At any rate, I too was baffled by why a coach would take away a good part of a post's game.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

[quote="SubGod22"]
        Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
        Did anyone catch the comment from JT in postgame about how Spinnelli "took away his left hand?" He said that Spin required everyone to finish with the right on the block. I thought that was interesting. Didn't Paul Miller finish with both hands? I know that was pre Spin.
        It sounds so cockeyed, it makes me wonder about context or the accuracy of his comment about Spinelli's instruction.

(Fixed or better said, corrected.)

Comment

Actually, RDR, it's an element of the word that is the problem. Remove the dash and it is fine.

Yes, Durley at first said Turgeon, but corrected his statement saying something to the effect of, "er, coach Spinelli. He worked with the post players."

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
            Durley is on pace for Freshman of the Year in the Valley!

I agree that Pallen is the frontrunner but he is also shouldering a much bigger load than Durley.

This team, while far from really good yet, still has lofty goals and JT is a crucial element in that equation.

For the record, he is as good as I predicted 2 years ago......... :D

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

Yes, Durley at first said Turgeon, but corrected his statement saying something to the effect of, "er, coach Spinelli. He worked with the post players."
              See I knew the crack didnt affect my hearing :good:

Comment

Just a thought: I dont think Durley would be nearly as good this year had Mark Turgeon still been the coach. My reason for stating this is I dont think Turgeon would have allowed him to shoot 3 pointers or even 15 foot jump shots. Gregg Marshall is much more lenient in shot selection than Turgeon was. The freedom that Marshall gives his players on the offensive end of the floor has been great so far, but we'll see how the players handle it come conference games.

Comment

Side Note: I think Wendell Preadom would be a much more confident shooter and overall basketball player if he would have been playing under Marshall's system his first 2 years.

Comment

There's validity to both those statements verbeak
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Knowing how much stock Turgeon put into how a player practiced, I agree that JT might have only gotten 5-ish spot minutes a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by verbeak
                        Just a thought: I dont think Durley would be nearly as good this year had Mark Turgeon still been the coach. My reason for stating this is I dont think Turgeon would have allowed him to shoot 3 pointers or even 15 foot jump shots. Gregg Marshall is much more lenient in shot selection than Turgeon was. The freedom that Marshall gives his players on the offensive end of the floor has been great so far, but we'll see how the players handle it come conference games.
                        And yet Kyle Wilson pretty well had a green light with the 3. I agree that MT was possibly more conservative than GM, but not sure that if JT showed he could hit it, he would not have allowed him to shoot it just like he allowed Kyle to do so.

Comment

• There is not finer art than mind reading and telling of the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                            There is not finer art than mind reading and telling of the future.
                            I agree. Based on how MT praised Durley, I have no reason to think he would have underutilized him. There have been plenty of areas where it has been clear that Marshall has done something MT would not have (such as zone against App. St. for an extended period), but this one takes way too much speculation for my taste.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Durley showed he could hit the three in practices and scrimmages but so did every other player on the team. The difference is Durley can hit it under the bright lights. If someone could isolate that particular genetic trait they could retire a wealthy person. J.T. Durley gets better when the pressure is on. He is someone you want on the floor during crunch time. He is a 6'7" black Ben Jacobson.

T

...8)

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Durley showed he could hit the three in practices and scrimmages but so did every other player on the team. The difference is Durley can hit it under the bright lights. If someone could isolate that particular genetic trait they could retire a wealthy person. J.T. Durley gets better when the pressure is on. He is someone you want on the floor during crunch time. He is a 6'7" black Ben Jacobson.

T

...8)
                                Well, T., you know I love you, but don't go that far. He is not a guard, hence, he is not like Jacobsen. He is a 4 man and I am damn proud to have him.

If JT has the same spin move in the lane that Jacobsen had, then I will change my mind and say you are spot on.

Man, what a load that would be. Imagine him driving the paint and faking the defender with a spin move. Gad, the poor defender probably would say, "What the f*#%?"

Comment

Working...
                                X