Turgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad, I misunderstood "12th rated"

Bottom line is, WSU fans are fanatics. If we had a team that was rated as high as aTm and had that much talent, you would have to hope that Santa would bring you a ticket because you dang sure would not be able to buy one. And we wouldn't have to offer them for $2 or $5 just to get people to come.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Looks like 'Spin found his way to Texas...

Turgeon has some great players down there... miles beyond the talent, size, and overall quality that we have here.

T

...8)
      PLAYERS LIKE. DENZEL BOWLES
      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

BOWLES, Denzel..... 4-0 10 2.5 2-2 1.000 0-0 .000 0-0 .000 0 1 1 0.3 1 0 2 2 1 0 4 1.0

That's Bowles season line. 4 pts, 1 reb, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 block

Here's a quick look at 2 WSU players seasons - one wouldn't be here if Bowles was here.

Ellis - 12 pts, 8 reb
        Griskenas - 20 pts, 15 reb

So far there's nothing to say WSU got the short end of that deal. Bowles could turn out to be the next Casey Crawfoed, but then Cold probably still has wood for Crawford.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
          BOWLES, Denzel..... 4-0 10 2.5 2-2 1.000 0-0 .000 0-0 .000 0 1 1 0.3 1 0 2 2 1 0 4 1.0

Here's a quick look at 2 WSU players seasons - one wouldn't be here if Bowles was here.

Ellis - 12 pts, 8 reb

So far there's nothing to say WSU got the short end of that deal. Bowles could turn out to be the next Casey Crawfoed, but then Cold probably still has wood for Crawford.
          I don't think this makes a fair arguement. Bowles isnt getting playing time at a&m because hes behind jordan and jones. Both those guys are extremely good. He would be getting much more playing time here as clemente and thommason arent nearly as good as jordan and jones. Who knows what kind of stats bowles would have put up so far this year if he was a shocker. I really dont think this is a fair comparison or arguement. Not exactly apples to apples...

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s

Ellis - 12 pts, 8 reb

I don't think this makes a fair arguement. Bowles isnt getting playing time at a&m because hes behind jordan and jones. Both those guys are extremely good. He would be getting much more playing time here as clemente and thommason arent nearly as good as jordan and jones. Who knows what kind of stats bowles would have put up so far this year if he was a shocker. I really dont think this is a fair comparison or arguement. Not exactly apples to apples...
            Yea, it's like comparing apples to bowling balls. :shock:
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So, comparing anything Bowles does at at aTm to anything he would have possibly done at WSU is pointless because the situations are so different.

If that's true, and I believe it is, then it's pointless to concern ourselves with anything Bowles does, because we will never know if any success or failure is based on those around him at aTm compared to those around him at WSU.

Oddly enough, that's the point I was trying to make. Thanks for the help, WStateU and t1707s.

Now, can we just drop Bowles from discussion here, since there's no way to speculate whether he would or would not have contributed?
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

So, comparing anything Bowles does at at aTm to anything he would have possibly done at WSU is pointless because the situations are so different.

If that's true, and I believe it is, then it's pointless to concern ourselves with anything Bowles does, because we will never know if any success or failure is based on those around him at aTm compared to those around him at WSU.

Oddly enough, that's the point I was trying to make. Thanks for the help, WStateU and t1707s.

Now, can we just drop Bowles from discussion here, since there's no way to speculate whether he would or would not have contributed?
                Aargh, sorry if I came across as a smart axx... I always enjoy your input... I actually like to see the comparisons, however at this point I don't see that it means anything... Bowles could be a bust at aTm or a first team AA.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Bowles was recruited as a practice player. With Davis, Jordan, and Jones if he had skills he would have been redshirted.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                    Originally posted by moshock
                    I know that we have something special at WSU. I remember going to games when we were loosing 20 a season and still drawing close to 10K.
                    I know we have a great fanbase, but this is revisionist history. When we were bad, we didn't draw anywhere near 10k unless we were playing a name opponent.

I remember going to a couple of sellouts during the Smithson era and several other games that had huge crowds.

It seems like his first season we had a lot of big crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                      Originally posted by t7017s

Ellis - 12 pts, 8 reb

Yea, it's like comparing apples to bowling balls. :shock:
                      Look how many mins hes played?

do you really think phil would be better than him?

Comment

also,
                        Garret Stutz is reveared by you guys as like a constant stud player for us.
                        well
                        Denzel Bowles, had better stats in high school. (not to mention against schools that would destroy the team who beat stutz team last night)
                        Nothing against stutz. Hes gonna be amazing. Awesome kid too, met him last night.
                        To say that Denzel wouldnt be a dominant player as a shocker is absolutely ubsurd.
                        Of course he has no points look at all those players in front of him.
                        Hes just sittin on the bench, cause turgeons so greedy.
                        Like ive said several times.
                        You guys hate bob huggins for leaving KSU... and what not.
                        But he left them with two players who could be Big 12 playrs of the year.
                        Turgeon left us with A two red shirts with knee injuries. and Ramon(who plays a different position).
                        and took Denzel.
                        yet hes a real class act?

Its not about bitter, its about being realistic about turgeons leaving. Instead of pretending like hes an angel.

Its like the red sox, with the best pitching staff in the Majors going after Johan Santana....

I guarentee that if Bob huggins took beasley or bill walker to WVU with him, people who priase turgeon on here would call him a heathen and trader and unclassy guy and all this.

Lets be real folks

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                          also,
                          well
                          Denzel Bowles, had better stats in high school. (not to mention against schools that would destroy the team who beat stutz team last night)
                          Nothing against stutz. Hes gonna be amazing. Awesome kid too, met him last night.
                          To say that Denzel wouldnt be a dominant player as a shocker is absolutely ubsurd.
                          Turgeon left us with A two red shirts with knee injuries. and Ramon(who plays a different position).
                          and took Denzel.

Its not about bitter, its about being realistic about turgeons leaving. Instead of pretending like hes an angel.

Its like the red sox, with the best pitching staff in the Majors going after Johan Santana....

I guarentee that if Bob huggins took beasley or bill walker to WVU with him, people who priase turgeon on here would call him a heathen and trader and unclassy guy and all this.

Lets be real folks
                          Here is something real for you. Look into getting a spell check module for your ShockerNet software.

Comment

also,
                            well
                            and took Denzel.

Lets be real folks
                            look, denzel didn't want to play for WSU. we let him go. turgeon can't just TAKE him away. we let him go. why the hell wouldn't denzel want to go to a&m? why wouldn't turgeon take a free recruit that he knows, and knows is good.

like it or not, most player sign to coaches, not school.

the reason kstate still has thier players is because they want to go to the play their one year and get it over with. kstate wasnt gonna let them go. they would have had to sit out a year at WVU. if kstate had allowed them to leave THERE IS NO DOUBT IN ANYONES MIND that they would have been at WVU.

that's the way the cookie crumbles.
                            live with it.
                            turgeon didn't do anything wrong. (in relation to being a NCAA men's basketball coach)
                            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                              also,
                              well
                              and took Denzel.

Lets be real folks
                              look, denzel didn't want to play for WSU. we let him go. turgeon can't just TAKE him away. we let him go. why the hell wouldn't denzel want to go to a&m? why wouldn't turgeon take a free recruit that he knows, and knows is good.

like it or not, most player sign to coaches, not school.

the reason kstate still has thier players is because they want to go to the play their one year and get it over with. kstate wasnt gonna let them go. they would have had to sit out a year at WVU. if kstate had allowed them to leave THERE IS NO DOUBT IN ANYONES MIND that they would have been at WVU.

that's the way the cookie crumbles.
                              live with it.
                              turgeon didn't do anything wrong. (in relation to being a NCAA men's basketball coach)
                              That's just wrong. Most coaches WON'T take a player with them even if they were let out by the school they signed with. Simply because it looks bad and most coaches don't want to leave the school they were at with such shady business because of what it would look like and the stench it would leave behind. That's why it rarely happens.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not saying that anyone is wrong in this discussion thread, but looking at life outside the basketball arena for a bit.....Managers/executives who leave one place of employment to advance themselves will usually search for people who will make them successful. Many times they come from the company they just left. Sometimes employees will want to follow a certain person and that is their choice in life. If DB was signing with WSU just because of a person (MT), and not with the WSU arena, school, etc., it would be natural for him to request a move to the "other" place.... and all the attempts to retain that person will fall on deft ears.

Comment

Working...
                                X