No announcement yet.

Free Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the spread has changed to 5.5 more people are betting baylor. The line I saw last night was 3.

Does anybody want to have a friendly wager with me? I will change my avatar to what ever you want if you win; on the other hand if baylor wins then I get to pick your avatar.

no line

Anybody?

Comment

People need to take a step back, evaluate the situation and realize that this is just a game between two programs that are predicted to finish middle-of-the-pack or worse in their conferences. No one on the outside world sans WSU and Baylor fans gives a crap about this game.

Of course I will be following the game and hoping for a win, but alas, it's just a game against a low tier Big 12 program and they can say the same about us. It's not like the Shox are going up against KU or K-State, then I could understand all the crap talking.

No offense to Baylor, but they are just Baylor. Is it really worth huffing and puffing over remarks from balrballa or Lawmaker? I would venture to say that if they were matching up in a baseball game, then I can see getting emotionally involved. But really, it's Baylor synonymous with who cares.

The game is more important than the opponent people. So don't be drawn into a debate with these Baylor fans on our board.

Comment

BU>WU

Take that to the bank. Lawmaker has nailed this one.........FREE MONEY

Staff edit: No references to the Baylor basketball incident are allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by slumpbuster
          BU>WU

Nice re-edit there flamer. What, you thought of something clever and decided to add it? Adding the Dennehy comment was a classy move. Wrong choice of words, Royal lock this kid out.

Comment

He's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by slumpbuster
              BU>WU

Staff edit: No references to the Baylor basketball incident are allowed.
              Wow. What a classy first post.

Props for that.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It would be nice if we some actual breakdown of the game that is about to be played in 1 1/2 hours, instead of all this "mine is bigger than yours" b.s.

Comment

for some actual breakdown of the game for Mr. vbird53 of Lenexa. i think Mr. Bruce will run all over the shocker back court and even thru the front court. they shox have never had a good big man since Bart Westgeest and i dont want to hear about Small Paul Miller. i say BU 75 WSU 61. you shocker boys need to pick it up a touch. Ark Pine-Bluff only beating them by 5? and stop comparing conferences...the Big 12 is alot better than the Misery Valley. and baylor would def finish above WSU this year in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                    It would be nice if we some actual breakdown of the game that is about to be played in 1 1/2 hours, instead of all this "mine is bigger than yours" b.s.

Everyone knows about the scandal, so I'll just leave it at that.

basically after that our team consisted of a few reserve seniors and walk-ons.
                    2003-04 we won 3 conference games, which was better than expected, but with no known recruits and graduating everyone important, the future was bleak.

2004-05 - only won one big12 game. aussie Aaron Bruce led the team and country in freshman scoring. and was a freshman all-american.

2005-2006 - in the spring of 2005 it looked like a much better season. Bruce coming back, top 20 recruiting class. but the NCAA threw down the pre-conference ban which really, IMO, set us back another year. 4 wins at the end of the conference slate with very large improvements from the start to finish left many very excited about next year. Bruce was hobbled most of the season, the freshman took over and Curtis Jerrells (CJ) was named freshman all-american, and Mamadou Diene led the conference in blocks/game

2006-2007 - the only disappointing year. Another top 20 class including a McDonald's all-american and more experience for the freshman from last year. It could be attributed to injuries which hindered Bruce and Diene all year and knocked out our only semblance of a small forward in pat Fields and penny Thiam. Playing with good guards and little forward of center presence led to a 4 win big 12 campaign after being a pre-season #7 in the coaches poll. Many many close games which I hope to attribute to youth, but only time will tell. Like up 25 on UT in the big12 tourny only to lose.

Ok, with that over. We expect post-season play this year, maybe not the NCAAs but it's not out of the question. As well as a top 6 big 12 finish. Newcomers, and relative unknowns, are Fred Ellis who should give much needed depth at SF, Delbert Simpson juco PF who many hope will be able to fill in with some more experience when our bigs get in foul trouble, and LaceDarius Dunn 6'4" guard who is the highest ranked player ever to commit to baylor.

Guards -
                    Aaron Bruce - Senior - definite leader of the team. His scoring role has diminished each year with the addition of players around him, but one of the better passers in the league. Has the quickest 3-pointer off a screen i've seen. He was deadly accurate freshman year, but has yet to return to that form. Taking off International summer play for the first time this year should help with the injuries he's had.

Curtis Jerrells - Junior - Lightning quick first step and can take anyone off the dribble in the league. Best scoring threat on the team. Very consistently puts up ~20.

Henry Dugat - Junior - most athletic player on the team. very streaky shooter, but can put up big numbers quickly. has the ability to get to the rim and finish emphatically.

LaceDarius Dunn - freshman - highly ranked recruit and should add some size to our otherwise short guards.

Tweety Carter - Sophmore - McDonalds all american. Lights out shooter in high school. showed flashes, I think 30pts with 8 threes against Syracuse. Still trying to get comfortable offensively, but always takes care of the ball. Good defender.

Forwards -
                    Kevin Rogers - Best player on the team. top 5 in rebounds and FG% in the big12 last year. Plays smaller than he is though. Our only down low scoring threat thus far. and because of that attracts a lot of attention. can score face-up, backing down, off the dribble, on the break, etc.

Fred Ellis and Djbril 'Penny' Thiam - freshman, RS freshman - high hopes that one or both of these players can step in a fill a big void from the team last year. Have heard good things about athleticism but will withhold judgment until I can see them play.

Centers -
                    Mamadou Diene - Junior - 7footer who had only played 3 years before showing up on campus. also had malaria and showed up sub-200lbs. He has since put on 50-60 lbs of muscle. As a freshman led the big12 in blocks, but was never a scoring threat. As a soph battled leg and foot problems which took away jumping ability and mobility, still 3rd in the big12 in blocks. Still has a lot to learn about the game and probably will never become and offensive threat. If healthy, arguably the best low post defender in the big12.

Josh Lomers - Sophmore - 7'1" - the jury is still out on him. 4 start recruit that didn't look like it at times last year. battles asthma which takes him out of the game sometimes. Showed some offensive game late in the season last year. If he can develop that, we will be a much better team.

Mark Shepard - Senior - Walkon - high energy player. highest vertical on the team (go figure) not as skilled but athletic and a very smart player who doesn't make mistakes. Should get some quality minutes each game.

All in all, our guards are among the best in the league outside of kansas. bigs still have some development. Drew still needs to show he can coach as well. Last year was a letdown, blaming the injuries or not, with the talent we had and we only lost two seniors, one occasional starter. Expect us to try to keep up a face pace and run with our guards, all of which can finish in the paint. Hopefully we find some better offensive sets than the globetrotter-esque weave we would end up running. The defense isn't going to be all-world but it isn't bad either.

In non-conference games against Wichita State, possibly ND and GT, South Carolina, Washington State, and arkansas should give us more than a good idea of where we stand. If we could win 3 of those I would be happy, any more and my expectations go up for the rest of the season.

that's all I got for now.
                    I threw this together over the summer for another board. There's no way I could do anything close for WSU, but maybe ya'll can give some insight onto the matchups from what you know.

Mamadou Diene will not play. He is out probably till conference after ankle surgery.
                    Fred Ellis is looking to redshirt.
                    Delbert Simpson is a JUCO big we picked up kind of late, see has looked serviceable so far and will provide some good enough minutes to give the others big guys some rest, especially with dou out for now.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                      Marty Moose just ripped baylor to shreds and then backs away big time....

New coach, rebuilding, new players,
                      start the excuses.

I love it.
                      No, not backing away, just building a background for everyone who doesn't know Baylor's proud history. At no point did I say who was going to win of lose the game. Baylor has done absolutely NOTHING in the last 50 years basketball related. This is the best chance you have to beat WSU, therefore you're here talking smack. I mean, you've been waiting, what...??? 4 years now on Shockernet for this moment. I'm betting win or lose for WSU, we will end the season with a higher RPI than Baylor and Baylor will still be at the bottom half of the big 12 where they belong. Any argument there? I'm not big on talking trash about a game before it is played out... I'm glad your true colors are finally being shown as an ignorant fan, just here to cause trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybillychop
                        for some actual breakdown of the game for Mr. vbird53 of Lenexa. i think Mr. Bruce will run all over the shocker back court and even thru the front court. they shox have never had a good big man since Bart Westgeest and i dont want to hear about Small Paul Miller. i say BU 75 WSU 61. you shocker boys need to pick it up a touch. Ark Pine-Bluff only beating them by 5? and stop comparing conferences...the Big 12 is alot better than the Misery Valley. and baylor would def finish above WSU this year in the league.
                        post like this is the reason i cant root for teams that are in the BCS conferences.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

. I'm betting win or lose for WSU, we will end the season with a hire RPI than Baylor

bet

Comment

Nice breakdown. We beat Arky Pine Bluff. Did you beat Tarleton State?

Why do I get the feeling this is some KU/K-State lurker. They mention more abut WSU than Baylor at all. Probably couldn't even name a Baylor player.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Baylor would never finish ahead of WSU in anything... I still remember when the 4 teams where added to the B8 and how everyone cried about Baylor being added. What a sad and worthless place to be...

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                                . I'm betting win or lose for WSU, we will end the season with a hire RPI than Baylor

bet
                                bet
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X