Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is too easy.

Royal,
    I have told everybody that if Baylor loses tonight (I dont see it), I will not disappear. I will take it like a man.

What comment am I too far out there on?

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
      This is too easy.
      That's the best response you have?

Comment

Royal,
        I have told everybody that if Baylor loses tonight (I dont see it), I will not disappear. I will take it like a man.

In your case, this will require a sex change operation.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Royal,

In your case, this will require a sex change operation.

Game Over :good:

Comment

This is too easy.

Royal,

What comment am I too far out there on?
            For starters, you're displaying a very arrogant attitude with statements like "this is a gimme". Then there's the comment about JT "No D" Durley.

And why bring up something from 25 years ago?

Maybe it's just in your delivery, but perception is everything. Particularly when your participation in this topic is as a Baylor fan.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
              3. Has Baylor made the S16 or better in the last 10 years...20 years?

4. Has Baylor ever made a Final 4 or better in their history?
              Baylor has been to 4 NCAA tournaments in their history: in 1946, 1948, 1950, and 1988. They were in the championship game in 1948 and the final four in 1950. They were one-and-done in 1988, so their last win in the NCAA tournament was in 1950. It looks like some of their fans are still livin' off them glory days.

I bet a lot of their fans still wish it was 1950, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan

Baylor has been to 4 NCAA tournaments in their history: in 1946, 1948, 1950, and 1988. They were in the championship game in 1948 and the final four in 1950. They were one-and-done in 1988, so their last win in the NCAA tournament was in 1950. It looks like some of their fans are still livin' off them glory days.

history might set up the present BUT all of these little facts don't hold back what baylor might do this season. a few years back our oppenents would say "you havn't been to the NCAAs in over a decade" then we went to the sweet 16.

just saying. every season is a new season.

lets just root and watch and see what happens. :goshocks: :good:
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Wow.

So Lawmaker has been hanging around here all these years just to deliver all of that weak garbage called "smack"?

I find it really humorous.

Royal, can we stick a Baylor W/L thread just so we can evaluate every game the Bears play this year.. just so I know where all of this arrogance is coming from. I'm really anxious to see how "badass" this team is gonna be this year..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm finding Baylor giving the Shox 5, according to 5 different sites published in the Eagle online.

O/U at 147, 148

Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                      Originally posted by WuShockFan

history might set up the present BUT all of these little facts don't hold back what baylor might do this season. a few years back our oppenents would say "you havn't been to the NCAAs in over a decade" then we went to the sweet 16.

just saying. every season is a new season.

lets just root and watch and see what happens. :goshocks: :good:
                      Ya, but 1950? 1950? Read that again. And again.

Seriously, when your last tourney win was at the end of the Truman Administration, I don't feel any mercy for the arrogance by the few that have come in here and "laid down the law".
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                        I'm finding Baylor giving the Shox 5, according to 5 different sites published in the Eagle online.

O/U at 147, 148

Eagle
                        I already put $50 on the shox and they were giving me 5.5 points. I feel really good about that....
                        Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
                          Vegas is made on people that pick like that (i.e, guarantees), and doubly made on money players who discount the weird stuff that happens in small island gyms with odd officiating on neutral courts in November.
                          A digression on gambling--

The line has nothing to do with what the bookmaker thinks the final score will be. When he sets the opening line, he's trying to predict what line will get an even amount of money on either side. Paying $100 on a $110 bet means that if the bookie can get that balance, he'll net 10% on the total amount be no matter what the final score actually is. $110+$110-$100=$20=10% of $200. That's how Vegas makes money, not by knowing more about sports. Then, the line adjusts if money comes in disproportionately on one side or the other. If a giant bet comes in on WSU to cover at, say, +4, the line could move to 3 points in order to encourage betting on Baylor. The line isn't a prediction, nor is it really even a reflection of the popular consensus, since those who bet more affect the line more, and only gamblers are represented. Anyway, the point is that a bookmaker doesn't need people to make "stupid" bets to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53

O/U at 147, 148

Eagle
                            Who makes these odds? Vegas? Are these odds set up by people who do this for a living?

I don't understand why Baylor is favored in the odds for this game. Does being in the BCS give them that automatic advantage? We won both exhibitions and our first game. They lost to Tarleton State.

I can't find any comparative ranking of Baylor and Wichita State that ranks them higher. Even at http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/, which is a pretty accurate source of information, they ranked Baylor #106 in their top 144 preseason and ranked WSU #64. We start three seniors and two juniors. They start four juniors and one senior. Okay, so they return all five starters, we return three starters. Baylor is 5-43 in all games away from home in their last 48 games.

Am I missing something?

Comment

See above.

Comment

Marty Moose just ripped baylor to shreds and then backs away big time....

Now, I understand the talk coming from Lawmaker...I mean, we have a team that is picked lower in the Valley than we have been in the past 5 years. We have a new coach rebuilding a team. We have players who have only played together once against a D1 opponent. If Baylor was EVER going to beat WSU, this is the perfect time for them. I'd give Baylor the nod, however it really won't mean anything because our team is so new. I look at it this way. This is a game against the best (preseason)Baylor team in the past 20 years against the worst (preseason) WSU team in the last 5. If there was ever a chance for Baylor to beat us, this is it!

New coach, rebuilding, new players,
                                start the excuses.

I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X