No announcement yet.

Free Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, you going to gather 'round and watch the game at the old 'Branch Ranch with the rest of the Davidians?
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Nah, they are all getting together over at Dave Bliss' house or should I say mobile home.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
        Originally posted by lawmaker
        Also the best case scenario for Baylor would be J.T. "NO D" Durley gets a lot of playing time.
        Quoted for posterity.
        I wish someone could show that to JTD -- anything to motivate the kid.

Comment

Baylor's guards will be the quickest guards that WSU faces this year.
          Blah blah blah...Can these guys actually pressure the ball?

How many times have I heard about superior BCS guards vs. Valley guards? Ask KU about Bradley-SIU backcourts. We’ll see but I have a tough time thinking these guards will be any quicker than Daniel Ruffin.

Comment

Ruffin is one of the quickest guys in all of college basketball. He was the first one to pop into my head when I read that crap.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This game cannot get here soon enough. Talk smack AFTER the game. If your team runs ours off the court, please talk all the smack you want. Talking smack before the game just makes you look like a dillweed.

Prediction: If WSU beats Baylor today, Lawmaker concedes that Baylor "lost", but doesn't give WSU credit for "beating Baylor".

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                So, you going to gather 'round and watch the game at the old 'Branch Ranch with the rest of the Davidians?
                ZING!
                Wow RJL, you went for the jugular with that little quip! 8)
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

No such thing, if you guys win, you guys win. I just don't see it. That is all.

Unbeatable Offer By Wichita State

Published: October 25, 1992
                  Wichita State will offer a money-back guarantee to basketball season-ticket holders.
                  "We're getting a number of people who have expressed tremendous disappointment in the quality of play the last three years," Athletic Director Gary Hunter said today. "They've indicated they don't want to sit through another season like last year."
                  That's why Hunter will offer the money-back guarantee in letters next week to alumni in Sedgwick, Butler and Harvey Counties.
                  But Hunter doesn't think many people will take him up on the offer, what with a new coach, Scott Thompson, running the team. Thompson replaced Mike Cohen, who resigned after last season.
                  "We've decided we'll let the season-ticket holders be the judges of whether or not we are making progress," Hunter said.

Comment

Law Man,
                    You are really digging into the archives to roust the natives with that one. I'm sure all Shocker fans will ignore it and focus on the contest later today. Game on! 8)

Comment

lawmaker, you may claim dual fandom, but right now your conduct will be viewed under the guidelines of a guest. The ice is much thinner and you're venturing too far out. You need to get closer to shore.

Comment

I think Baylor wins by 10-15. They are the better team on paper and we are young. If this game was played a couple months from now I think we would have a better shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                          Awesome Sauce....Way to bring it....
                          I may take that bet just so I can contribute to the "Your Mom Goes To College Fund"
                          If any of you are interested in contributing to the "lawmaker's Mom College Fund", I will be accepting donations. Tax-deductible of course.

When you make an investment through a contribution to lawmaker's mom, you invest in the future. YOURS.

Message boards of the future can be free of the ignorant children of the uneducated.

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Lawmaker is totally owning several of you right now... take a breath, introspect, stop typing.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Lawmaker is totally owning several of you right now... take a breath, introspect, stop tying.

T

...8)
                              Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Give that man a Seegar. 8)

Comment

I'm kind of concerned as to why Shockernet posters find it necessary to argue with a Baylor fan? I rank Baylor with the likes of Drake...they are the door mat of the conference. On a good year Baylor would finish ahead of Drake in the MVC. I'm guessing most of the time they would battle for the bottom spot. I venture over to the Baylor boards every now and then and they have this same optimism every year. How have previous seasons worked out for them? A couple questions about men's basketball...

1. Has Baylor finished better than the bottom half of the Big 12 in the last 10 years...? If yes, how about more than once? LOL

2. Has Baylor been ranked in the top 10 in the last 10 years...20 years? or how about any ranking at all...?

3. Has Baylor made the S16 or better in the last 10 years...20 years?

4. Has Baylor ever made a Final 4 or better in their history?

5. Has Baylor finished a season with better than a 100 RPI in the last 10 years? If so, how about more than once?

I'm guessing the answers to these questions are pretty humiliating for most Baylor fans and they probably won't respond. Ask any fan from any school in the Big 12 and they will tell you Baylor is pretty much worthless when it comes to sports that matter to the conference.

Now, I understand the talk coming from Lawmaker...I mean, we have a team that is picked lower in the Valley than we have been in the past 5 years. We have a new coach rebuilding a team. We have players who have only played together once against a D1 opponent. If Baylor was EVER going to beat WSU, this is the perfect time for them. I'd give Baylor the nod, however it really won't mean anything because our team is so new. I look at it this way. This is a game against the best (preseason)Baylor team in the past 20 years against the worst (preseason) WSU team in the last 5. If there was ever a chance for Baylor to beat us, this is it!

Comment

Working...
                                X