Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now?

Just saw the score of the pine bluff game. Didn't get to listen or read through the game thread, but didn't sound like an easy win.

any changed of affirmed opinions?

Re: how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now

Originally posted by baylrballa
    Just saw the score of the pine bluff game. Didn't get to listen or read through the game thread, but didn't sound like an easy win.

any changed of affirmed opinions?
    I just heard from Mike Kennedy after the game that you guys have three top-50 players that you have managed to snag over the last 3 years. That sounds like a nice core group.. I'm sure it will be a great game!

T

...8)

Comment

Ark PB shot the lights out, and we got a little tired without Griskenas in there. It will be a good game against Baylor.

Comment

Cant wait! I think we will bring a great game at Baylor! 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

:wsu_posters: The game was not as close as the score. I was there. They shot lights out and, got a lot of help from the refs. Shocks were in control the whole game.

Comment

JT was a promising sight tonight.....very excited about the future of this team. Saw some good things tonight.
            wish I was going to the Virgin Islands. :roll:

Comment

I'm certainly not going to be arrogant, pompous or overly confident, but there were some things that came out of this game that are encouraging against Baylor.

1) Baylor is a 3-guard team and emphasizes perimeter play. I'm still confident in WSU's perimeter play on both ends of the court.

2) Marshall was experimenting with some "unusual" combinations on the court. Some didn't work and that made the game closer than it could have been.

3) Baylor has a PF (Rogers) that could cause problems for WSU. Durley's performance makes that look like less of a threat. WSU found another frontcourt player.

4) Thomasson put in a decent game. Baylor doesn't have a post player that's going to go nuts and light up the scoreboard.

5) Griskenas didn't play. Clemente is starting to figure out the difference between Juco and D1.

6) If this is the scout game for Baylor, it's not going to be very informative.

7) Durley's game could get Ellis and Griskenas some minutes at wing. Baylor fans have noted that tall wings cause problems for them.

8) Cooz was a little off. That's unlikely to happen 2 games in a row.

Baylor looks like a good matchup game. WSU isn't on the same page on either end of the court with the new system. Turnovers are way too high.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We have no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                  We have no chance.
                  Now coming into the ball game replacing KC Shox, is ABC!

Comment

Baylor ought to be a good warm-up game to start out with in the Virgin Islands.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                      definitely.

should be a good prep before making a solid run in the consolation bracket.

Comment

This should be quite a game. I doubt Baylor will drain the 3 any better than what we witnessed tonight from APB. WSU wins the Baylor game by 7.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

definitely.

We're glad you feel that way.

Take it easy on Monmouth.

:whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                            This should be quite a game. I doubt Baylor will drain the 3 any better than what we witnessed tonight from APB. WSU wins the Baylor game by 7.
                            10-23 for 43.5% impressive shooting

except we went 9-19 last game or 47.4%
                            (69.2% overall) :clap:

also notable ya'll shot 45% from downtown. but APB was shooting lights out from 3?

Comment

definitely.

Cockiness, especially when visiting, deserves a big dose of karma.

FWIW, I think we are in a little deep on Friday but I would love our chances if we played in February. This team is going to improve by leaps and bounds as the season progresses.

I'll still be there hoping our defense can win the day!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                              X