• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan B = a Jack Bauer mission
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
      Should things go badly today, Gross said WSU will continue to work with Orukpe.

"Then we go to alternatives," Gross said. "He's prepared for Plan B. But all of our focus and all our energy and optimism are for him being granted his student visa."
      Trying to decypher this part???
      Plan B:
      Send him to a U.S. prep school (high school) and hope he stays committed?
      SFL is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by SFL
        Originally posted by BostonWu
        Should things go badly today, Gross said WSU will continue to work with Orukpe.

"Then we go to alternatives," Gross said. "He's prepared for Plan B. But all of our focus and all our energy and optimism are for him being granted his student visa."
        Trying to decypher this part???
        Plan B:
        Send him to a U.S. prep school (high school) and hope he stays committed?
        That was my first thought. I suppose he can sign another LOI.

Comment

• hmmm... how late is the embassy open? I think they're about 12 or 13 hours ahead of us I think. So was that appointment today? as in the 8th? or today as in the 9th?

Comment

• If I did my math right, knowing ICT is UTC - 6 and Nigeria is UTC + 1, they're only 7 hours ahead.

Edit: We're in daylight savings time, which they don't observe, so they're 6 hours ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox
              If I did my math right, knowing ICT is UTC - 6 and Nigeria is UTC + 1, they're only 7 hours ahead.
              Don't forget Daylight Savings Time, and i think you have to factor in global warming somehow. 8)

Comment

• I can't recall, does global warming shrink the time difference or increase it? Maybe I should look that up in Wikipedia...

Comment

• LOI

Royal, I thought that at least at one point the rule on LOIs was one to a customer, but that may not be the case. Didn't MT's staff say something about asking Graham Hatch to sign a new letter every year while he was on his mission?

Comment

• Lagos is 6 hours ahead of us:

Current local time in an extensive selection of cities and countries worldwide, in all time zones with DST accounted for. Links to each city with extensive info on time, weather forecast, Daylight Saving Time changes, sunrise, sunset and moon times and phases.

You may want to bookmark this website

So, they are coming up on 5 pm in Lagos - Have we heard anything yet?

Comment

• Re: LOI

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                      Royal, I thought that at least at one point the rule on LOIs was one to a customer, but that may not be the case. Didn't MT's staff say something about asking Graham Hatch to sign a new letter every year while he was on his mission?
                      I was thinking Hatch signed a new one each year he was on his mission, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• There are hundreds of thousands of foreign students en los Estados Unidos.

Surely, visas for those students did not take one year to process for approval. Or did they?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          Originally posted by t7017s
                          Originally posted by HockeyShock
                          Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          I'm waiting to be flogged by 'law, kc, 'Fever...etc.....
                          Who have been strangely absent for the last few pages. Maybe they don't like us anymore. :lol:

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:
                          No they have just been busy bitching and whining in the baseball forum.
                          Silly me. Our baseball team is doing awesome. I should be overjoyed over there.

My bad.
                          I never said you should be overjoyed. I sure as hell am not with the poor play of late. Just letting everyone know where and what you have been up to. After all you do have a reputation to uphold and I just assumed you wouldnt want to let anyone down.

Comment

• I think Hatch only signed the initial one showing his commitment. It seems that some were hoping that since he was no longer under a LOI that WSU would go another route thinking that he may not be up to par after two years away and where we were headed.

I do think that Turgeon had hoped he would sign again but because communication with him while he was on his mission was restricted.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Orukpe

Maybe after we get news -- good, I hope -- about Orukpe's interview, WuDr or someone can start a new thread with his name spelled correctly so mulligan's error (what a surprise there!) won't be perpetuated any longer.

The name is Orukpe.

Comment

• I think I've seen it spelled both ways so much that I don't pick up on that. You are correct on the spelling though.

Have we officially decided that the 'k' is silent? That was my recollection anyway.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X