Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock
    Ye gads!

Did the season end and I missed it? We usually only get threads like this one and "OE vs. Stutz" during the long hot summers when there is no BB and everyone is bored out of their gourd.

I know, I'm old school and get upset whenever someone starts knocking our fans. Seems to me to be kind of ridiculous when you consider each fan, in their own individual way, supports this team and school like crazy. Some stand and yell like crazy, some don't. It shouldn't matter whether they be young, old, hot, the opposite of hot, fat, skinny, tall, short, wear beards, don't shave their legs, good looking, or just down right ugly.

They are our fans and it's all of us against the rest of the world.

They pay their money. They come to the games. They support the team.

So if you don't like, you need to calm down or just bugger off.
    It has over 5100 views, I got what I wanted out of the thread and that was how people felt about the subject. You know, what happens when you post something on a message board. It has been a pretty varied view of the fans, some positive and some negative. Everyone is entitled to their own view.

Comment

• just to clarify a few things....

for the UNI game. the 'usuals' sat in the second row. i dont know if they let that happen or they jsut didnt run fast enough.
      (thats not couting the blonde headed fellow on the other side.)
      at the ISU game two of the usuals didnt make it to the game. hawaiian shirt dude and long haired dude.
      it was rough. i was in the second row and had a more difficult time getting chants started.

like it or not, hawaiian shirt dude has the charisma and self-confidence to make sure we are ALWAYS making noise.
      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• Originally posted by OKC Shocker
        Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Originally posted by OKC Shocker
        I find it hard to believe that a thread on this message board made those people give up their front row seats. I guarantee we see them back in those seats next game.
        My, you have a high and mighty feeling about yourself, don't ya? I know it's the first time in my recent memory that they haven't been front row. It's either been front row or no show - not second row.

You just missed the whole point entirely.

I think you need to spend your time on here talking about something a bit more important.
        RJL called me a "douche bag". I am going to respond to that. I don't feel like I am high and mighty by doing so. Sorry for defending myself.
        Your post had nothing to do with rjl. Are you lost?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by OKC Shocker
          Originally posted by 60Shock
          Ye gads!

Did the season end and I missed it? We usually only get threads like this one and "OE vs. Stutz" during the long hot summers when there is no BB and everyone is bored out of their gourd.

I know, I'm old school and get upset whenever someone starts knocking our fans. Seems to me to be kind of ridiculous when you consider each fan, in their own individual way, supports this team and school like crazy. Some stand and yell like crazy, some don't. It shouldn't matter whether they be young, old, hot, the opposite of hot, fat, skinny, tall, short, wear beards, don't shave their legs, good looking, or just down right ugly.

They are our fans and it's all of us against the rest of the world.

They pay their money. They come to the games. They support the team.

So if you don't like, you need to calm down or just bugger off.
          It has over 5100 views, I got what I wanted out of the thread and that was how people felt about the subject. You know, what happens when you post something on a message board. It has been a pretty varied view of the fans, some positive and some negative. Everyone is entitled to their own view.
          Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it seems the majority here feel that you were out of line and wrong on the "issue".

I guess if looking like a d-bag is what you wanted, then you got it..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
            just to clarify a few things....

for the UNI game. the 'usuals' sat in the second row. i dont know if they let that happen or they jsut didnt run fast enough.
            at the ISU game two of the usuals didnt make it to the game. hawaiian shirt dude and long haired dude.
            it was rough. i was in the second row and had a more difficult time getting chants started.

like it or not, hawaiian shirt dude has the charisma and self-confidence to make sure we are ALWAYS making noise.
            Very good point. The crowd sucked as a whole. The student section seemed a bit more muted last night. Not as much noise and "stuff" going on. Was it because the students that OKC doesn't like on tv weren't there or coincidence?

Hmmm.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Re: How many degrees......

do the guys that have been sitting on the front row of the student section have? I've been wondering this the last few games. I have seen those same guys the last 6 years or so.

You have the bigger guy on the end and the guy in the hawaiin shirt. Are they students or just know someone with tix. The one guy looks 30+.
              I guess this is the quote you are referring to as me being a "douche bag". I see no where in this statement that I made any derogatory comment towards any of them. The second comment, which was very entertaining, referred to them all as something ending in the word fart. Now I can see how that is offensive, but nothing I have said along the way has been derogatory or offensive.

And ShockerFever, I see about a handful of people that thought the "subject" was out of line. I also see over 115 posts of people with similar questions as what I started the topic with.

Comment

• 115? lol.

You're a d-bag not for the word-for-word lingo you posted but the manner in which this entire thread came about.

Your whole point for starting this thread is why you were d-baggish. Calling out loyal Shocker fans simply because they don't fit your beauty pageant mold.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  115? lol.

You're a d-bag not for the word-for-word lingo you posted but the manner in which this entire thread came about.

Your whole point for starting this thread is why you were d-baggish. Calling out loyal Shocker fans simply because they don't fit your beauty pageant mold.
                  I guess I still don't understand where you are coming from. I simply asked a question and got a lot of responses. Is that not what a message board is for? I counted 4 or 5 responses on the first page who called them out worse than I did. I guess they are all "d-bags" as well. You stay classy ShockerFever.

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing

I just want hawaiian shirt dude to get a new shirt and hat. Is that too much to ask for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood
                      Originally posted by notquiteBWing

I just want hawaiian shirt dude to get a new shirt and hat. Is that too much to ask for?
                      These are real people with real feelings we are harassing on an anonymous message board. They don't get paid 6 or 7 figures to cheer the team on, so they don't deserve to be nitpicked. If they arrive early enough, they deserve the front row seats.

:goshocks:

Comment

• No way! He can't get a new shirt. Then I wouldn't recognize him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuSlamaJama
                          No way! He can't get a new shirt. Then I wouldn't recognize him.
                          I REALLY don't think anyone would have any trouble in that regard. :)

Comment

• Re: How many degrees......

do the guys that have been sitting on the front row of the student section have? I've been wondering this the last few games. I have seen those same guys the last 6 years or so.

You have the bigger guy on the end and the guy in the hawaiin shirt. Are they students or just know someone with tix. The one guy looks 30+.
                            I guess this is the quote you are referring to as me being a "douche bag". I see no where in this statement that I made any derogatory comment towards any of them. The second comment, which was very entertaining, referred to them all as something ending in the word fart. Now I can see how that is offensive, but nothing I have said along the way has been derogatory or offensive.

And ShockerFever, I see about a handful of people that thought the "subject" was out of line. I also see over 115 posts of people with similar questions as what I started the topic with.
                            I think you're really underestimating the number of shockers that are A-OK with mature fans/students.

Comment

• So someone today (feb 14) told me to look at this thread, and i was shocked! So here it is....
                              The moment you all have been waiting for.... "cheesefart" aka house of pain aka john belushi aka shockerfan superrob is going to post and respond to this thread!

First, i am a relatively busy person so i do not read this site as much as i used to.

Second, I AM a graduate from WSU and I AM an adjunct at butlercc in math. Sorry, no Nigerian center experiments as of yet.

And now, my response: i am a student continuing my education. Indeed all you need is one class to be a student, and even when i am not a student i have friends that get me guest tickets. Not the point- i have long been able to get season tickets but my idea of being a fan is not sitting for 38 minutes and standing for 2. Sorry, thats what you get anywhere but the student section. I like to stand, cheer, chant and boo as needed. Long ago i stopped relying on the cheerleaders to lead cheers. At that they fail miserably, love them all though! I cannot expect people fresh to the university, with as minimal knowledge of the team as they have, to be able to drive this crowd into proper support of the team. So, i do my part and be loud, as any that actually know me know that i AM loud.

All that negativity i have seen in this thread is rather silly. I am not 35+, the friend next to me doesn't have a mullet, its an all long fyi, and jd is only 25 and still working on a phy management degree. If i am not at a game, it is because i teach an evening class. (as in ill st earlier this year and evansville upcoming)

I hope that everyone will relax and recognize we arent here for you, or to be in front row, or to make national tv, or to make others angry. We are here to support our team in the best way we can. Sorry if that hurts your feelings!

And tonight, for mo st, i will pay homage to this post by sitting second row!

Finally, i want to give mad love to all the fans who have our back on this board and don't judge us by our looks. Yea, i may look a little old, but that doesnt mean I have any less energy than any other fan at the game.

PS I am NOT getting a new shirt and I am NOT getting a new beanie!

Comment

• Hey buddy, I am glad you posted. More power to you and keep cheering. Right up front or wherever you want to. I don't know what genius thought up the idea to criticize enthusiastic fans but they have their heads planted so far up theirs its not funny. Go Shocks and pull them through tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X