How many degrees......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many degrees......

do the guys that have been sitting on the front row of the student section have? I've been wondering this the last few games. I have seen those same guys the last 6 years or so.

You have the bigger guy on the end and the guy in the hawaiin shirt. Are they students or just know someone with tix. The one guy looks 30+.

This is a funny topic because a friend of mine recently posted about those two students on his facebook page and it illicited all kinds of responses.

The comment below was one of the responses to his question and what they like to call the longtime students that I found to be quite entertaining.

Fart #1 : Cheesefart. Dude who always wears stocking cap, sunglasses, unbuttoned "Hawaiian" style WSU shirt, hands permanently in "shocker" position. Circa 1996 goattee.

Fart #2 : Mulletfart. Dude who's always next to cheesefart. Long straight hair, sunglasses. Probably a big Creed fan.

Fart #3 : Bigfart. Large dude who wears a shocker jersey about 3 sizes too small. Looks like Ralphie from A Christmas Story 15 years later, after a lifetime spent Chinese Buffeting it.

Fart # 4 : Manifesto fart. Old, old dude with big stache who looks like he just left he library where he was writing his manifesto.

Fart #5 : Country fried fart. Larger woman with permed, country fried hair. Looks like she was a student when Antoine Carr played.

All of these people are front row farts. Cheesefart and Mulletfart make it onto every single televised game.

Comment

As a student i've thought the same thing. I am in my senior year and once I graduate I know it'll be time to get my big boy seats and no longer sit in the student section. If someone is taking one credit hour they are technically students and can get free tickets. But on the other hand it is kind of embarrassing to have 30 and 40 year olds on the front row. That being said, they are great fans but you can be a great fan anywhere else but the front row of the student section.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
        This is a funny topic because a friend of mine recently posted about those two students on his facebook page and it illicited all kinds of responses.

The comment below was one of the responses to his question and what they like to call the longtime students.

Fart #1 : Cheesefart. Dude who always wears stocking cap, sunglasses, unbuttoned "Hawaiian" style WSU shirt, hands permanently in "shocker" position. Circa 1996 goattee.

Fart #2 : Mulletfart. Dude who's always next to cheesefart. Long straight hair, sunglasses. Probably a big Creed fan.

Fart #3 : Bigfart. Large dude who wears a shocker jersey about 3 sizes too small. Looks like Ralphie from A Christmas Story 15 years later, after a lifetime spent Chinese Buffeting it.

Fart # 4 : Manifesto fart. Old, old dude with big stache who looks like he just left he library where he was writing his manifesto.

Fart #5 : Country fried fart. Larger woman with permed, country fried hair. Looks like she was a student when Antoine Carr played.

All of these people are front row farts. Cheesefart and Mulletfart make it onto every single televised game."

I love it!!!!! It makes the University look great. Especially, when the lady brings her kid to sit in the student section. I have been all for the marketing department stepping in and reserving those for deserving STUDENTS.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771

The comment below was one of the responses to his question and what they like to call the longtime students that I found to be quite entertaining.

All of these people are front row farts. Cheesefart and Mulletfart make it onto every single televised game.
          Maybe we should ask if any of them have tenure...
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

These guys have unfortunately, for one reason or another, become the "face" of the Wichita State student body to the national media, similar to Jenn Sterger and her FSU Cowgirls, although quite the antithesis.

If the students don't like it, do something about it - take matters into their own hands. I don't suggest intimidation or unnecessary degradation, but from what I understand, these individuals get in line for the games several hours before the doors open. How do you fix that? Get a faction of students to organize a tailgate or pre-game festivities well in advance and beat them with numbers. 3-4 guys cannot "beat" 15, 20, 25+ students who are are there just as early. They'll get the point.

Comment

I agree that other students can change that they are always on the front row. But at some point when do you move on?? Your 30 - 40. college should have been done atleast 6 years ago

Comment

I agree they look goofy but they really do no harm. I always assumed they are posters here.

The big guy does come to baseball games but I don't see cheesefart (that is a vandyke he is rocking, not a goatee ffs)

Maybe they don't wanna grow up? Maybe they are toys r us kids?

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock
                  I agree that other students can change that they are always on the front row. But at some point when do you move on?? Your 30 - 40. college should have been done atleast 6 years ago
                  The average age of WSU student is around 25, I believe. What you see in the front row is representation of the student body, at least a sample of what age group is bringing up that average.

Comment

They're life-long learners. 8)

They tend to travel to away games as well.

Maybe we should have emoticons of them?
                    "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

I am a student who is on the, shall we say, extended degree program. I use my student tickets, but I don't take seats from the kids so I can get on TV. I agree, those guys are dorks with nothing better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                        I always assumed they are posters here.
                        Doc or Sub?!!! :)

Comment

You guys do know, that you dont have technically be a student to sit in the student section. You can get tickets in the Student section by either knowing a student, and have him buy you a guest/general admission ticket or wait until 48 hours until game time and buy a General Admission ticket yourself. I have no problem with him sitting up there, until WSU changes their policy, where only students can buy and sit in the student section, you shouldn't either.
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

you mean these guys?

Comment

No, because he is nowhere near silent.

Comment

Working...
                              X