No announcement yet.

How many degrees......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want their seats? 4 hours pre-game, minimum. I showed up three hours early for a game once, the big blonde guy was already there with friends. The two from 118? I've only ever seen them lose their seats once, and that was when Phi Delta Theta deigned to grace a game with their presence and grabbed 7 rows for a CBI game.

They do the time in line, they're welcome to the seats. I prefer second row on the aisle in the student section. Keeps me off TV but still allows good camera angles.

Oh yeah, and I'd rather have them on TV than the shushbuckets: four loud, foul-mouthed punks who are usually about row 3-4 in 118 and smell like a liquor store. Although, they might have moved. The last game I went to, I think they had front-row seats...

Again, do the time in line, then whine.
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
      Want their seats? 4 hours pre-game, minimum. I showed up three hours early for a game once, the big blonde guy was already there with friends. The two from 118? I've only ever seen them lose their seats once, and that was when Phi Delta Theta deigned to grace a game with their presence and grabbed 7 rows for a CBI game.

They do the time in line, they're welcome to the seats. I prefer second row on the aisle in the student section. Keeps me off TV but still allows good camera angles.

Oh yeah, and I'd rather have them on TV than the shushbuckets: four loud, foul-mouthed punks who are usually about row 3-4 in 118 and smell like a liquor store. Although, they might have moved. The last game I went to, I think they had front-row seats...

Yes- Exactly! The line time is the key.

During the magical run the section became a patchwork of awesomeness with all sorts of people everywhere united in crazy shocker cheering- I think the students benefitted from the campout mentality and way that the line worked. I hope the student entrance line curls past Cessna Stadium again soon!
      andymooredesign.com

MTXE, SHOX!

Comment

as someone who used to get the front row often when koch first opened, i have to agree. its not up to them to give up their spots...if some student wants it more, then do the time and get in line. otherwise they've earned their spot each and evry game

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr
          as someone who used to get the front row often when koch first opened, i have to agree. its not up to them to give up their spots...if some student wants it more, then do the time and get in line. otherwise they've earned their spot each and evry game
          I consider earning it if you are still a student, what spawned the whole conversation was "are they students?"......

Comment

Originally posted by OKC Shocker
            I consider earning it if you are still a student, what spawned the whole conversation was "are they students?"......
            and like what has been said, you dont have to be a student to sit in the student section
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              and like what has been said, you dont have to be a student to sit in the student section
              Students are "students". Sorry, I feel the "student" section should be just that. Maybe the rule should change.

Comment

I've met ShockerRob a few times when I was slanging T-Shirts for a living... super nice guy. I can assure you that these folks are at every game 2-5 hours before they let the Maniacs in.

Does anyone else think that the big guy looks a lot like Mark David Chapman?

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow

At no time in my life have I ever had 4 extra hours before a game to spare.

In school? Nope. Studying or working.

After school? Nope. Working.

Which begs the question... are they employed? If not, they'll always "have the time" to show up earlier than most anyone else.

Wichita State. Thinkers. Doers. Movers. Old dudes.

That all said, I wouldn't have any problem at all with them if they would at least spur the student section into some good cheers. The "You still suck" thing is about as creative as a cardboard box, and it only goes downhill from there.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                    Students are "students". Sorry, I feel the "student" section should be just that. Maybe the rule should change.
                    and until the students can fill the student section all by them selves, it will never change
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

and until the students can fill the student section all by them selves, it will never change
                      Ding ding ding!! Winner!

Comment

well it seems to me that their are a few other students posting on this thread. If you guys are such great fans then i better see you in st louis in the student section with the ten other students and i that have been there every year for the past 3 years. This will be our 4th. Cause the past two years our student section has been pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock
                          well it seems to me that their are a few other students posting on this thread. If you guys are such great fans then i better see you in st louis in the student section with the ten other students and i that have been there every year for the past 3 years. This will be our 4th. Cause the past two years our student section has been pathetic
                          How have you been a student for 3 years & not taken English 101?
                          Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed
                            Originally posted by hizzshock
                            How have you been a student for 3 years & non taken English 101?

Comment

Originally posted by RampageWSU

Does anyone else think that the big guy looks a lot like Mark David Chapman?

Comment

:good:

my apologies. I am actually sittin in class right now and didn't proof read my post... classic mistake

Comment

Working...
                                X