No announcement yet.

STARTING 5!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To put an end to all of this "who is the best PG" non-sense, let's look at which PG took us to the Sweet 16 as a sophomore.....that'd be Matt. End of story. Gal doesn't have enough experience playing American basketball to handle this team, or bring them to the amount of success that Matt could. Matt is an unselfish player and he is one of the best leaders I have seen on and off the court for this team. Matt Braeuer forever.

Comment

thank you for your sensical input

Comment

Re: Starting Point

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        Originally posted by MikeShox
        I guess I'm amazed that both of these coaches are so much dumber than so many fans.
        Sometimes I think about skipping the MBB forum on ShockerNet.
        I was hoping spanglers comment was sarcastic.

Comment

I think Gal and MB are both capable of being the starting PG for this team, You really could make a case for both kids. But i just think with Matty B experience it will get him the nod at least for the begining of the year.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by wIsCuT5153
            To put an end to all of this "who is the best PG" non-sense, let's look at which PG took us to the Sweet 16 as a sophomore.....that'd be Matt. End of story. Gal doesn't have enough experience playing American basketball to handle this team, or bring them to the amount of success that Matt could. Matt is an unselfish player and he is one of the best leaders I have seen on and off the court for this team. Matt Braeuer forever.

There isn't one single solitary person here or anywhere in Shockerland that is going to question Matt's heart or Matt's leadership skills.

The 2 loudest ovations last night were 1) Gregg Marshall and 2) Matt Braeuer..........and Matt is always going to get 1 or 2. Just wait until senior night if you doubt the support Shocker Nation has for Matt.

I promise you he is going to be remembered as one of the most loved players in the history of the program.

Comment

Just imagine when we have:

Brett Michaels
              Murry
              Hannah
              Gal
              Hawkins aka "Birdman"
              Hatch
              Wendy

...and nearly all of them could go 1 or 2.
              Jocks & Jills
              3236 N. Rock Rd
              Wichita, KS 67226
              316-260-9800
              http://www.jocks-jills.com
              http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                Originally posted by shocker22
                One area that keeps MB in the game is his quick release. He has the ability to get shots off from beyond the arch much quicker than a set up shooter like Gal. Also he is much more accurate.
                I don't think Matt is more accurate at all. he may have a faster release but he cant create his own shot with the ease that gal can. Plus gal has a few inches on him that help with that release when a guy is in front of you. Matts quick release can be a little too quick sometimes. he has a tendency to let a few go to soon and they are pretty offline cus he was to rushed and not as squared up as he should have been. but thats how it has to be when your his size and move at his speed sometimes I suppose.
                Let's look at the stats then:

22 Braeuer, Matt...... 29-25 734 25.3 51-137 .372 32-82 .390 44-56 .786 9 53 62 2.1 53 1 95 34 1 33 178 6.1

01 Mekel, Gal......... 31-3 403 13.0 43-97 .443 17-48 .354 22-34 .647 8 25 33 1.1 29 0 52 42 1 14 125 4.0

MB hit .390 compared to .354, also free throws come into the picture MB 78% and Gal 64%

Comment

Originally posted by wIsCuT5153
                  I'm glad Matt's girlfriend is posting now.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'll have to say I do prefer Matt with a mop top over Matt with the buzz cut. Makes him look more like a little kid, at least before he he sticks a fork in you after he has roasted you a couple of times.

:clap:

Comment

My Starting Lineup:

MB/PG: Best shooter in the cluch, proven leader &
                        gives you 110% on the floor all the time.
                        PJ/SG: Best player on the the team, will be a
                        scorer this year & maybe the player of
                        the year in the Valley.
                        MG/SF: Smooth, he will be fine as he gets into the
                        System. Can score both inside and out.
                        RC/PF A warrior!! Absolutly incredible rebounder.
                        A scorer not a shooter, should never leave
                        the paint. (watch the tape of him putting
                        40 0n San Jacks .... he shoots 1 shot out
                        of the paint.)
                        PT/C : On Paint player with D/1 experience.

Bench: GM, JT & AE will get most of the minutes

Comment

My Starting Lineup:

MB/PG: Best shooter in the cluch, proven leader &
                          gives you 110% on the floor all the time.
                          PJ/SG: Best player on the the team, will be a
                          scorer this year & maybe the player of
                          the year in the Valley.
                          MG/SF: Smooth, he will be fine as he gets into the
                          System. Can score both inside and out.
                          RC/PF A warrior!! Absolutly incredible rebounder.
                          A scorer not a shooter, should never leave
                          the paint. (watch the tape of him putting
                          40 0n San Jacks .... he shoots 1 shot out
                          of the paint.)
                          PT/C : On Paint player with D/1 experience.

Bench: GM, JT & AE will get most of the minutes

Comment

you know what...I'll be the point guard. I'm 30 pounds overweight, have a bad wrist and I immediately go into the fetal position if I feel threatened. Does that qualify me? On second thought, let's just stick with the guys we have.

Comment

Point Guard

My feeling on the point guard is really pretty simple. Coach Marshall's decision on who he starts will be based on what he is seeing in practice, and I have a pretty good feeling that he knows who is showing the better ability to lead the team.

I didn't really mean to indicate that I was against Gal, although I can easily see that what I wrote sounded that way. I simply meant that Coach Marshall made it pretty clear that Gal needed to do as he (Coach) wished in order to get playing time.

I believe Coach sees enough in practice to know who should start. I appreciate what both players bring to the table and am more than willing to believe Coach will make the right decision.

I also believe that the two players will probably average around the same minutes unless injuries play a part.

Go Shox! :posterwsu:

Comment

There's a strong argument for Mekel's versatility off the bench.

If Clemente gets into foul trouble (I'm just making this up, but I think Clemente may have foul issues), move MG to 4, PJ to 3 and bring Mekel in at 2.

I hope I'm not reading too much into this, but Turgeon had Mekel on a pretty tight leash last year. Marshall and Mekel seem to have some disagreements about how Mekel should play the game.

If that continues, it will result in 2 coaches wanting Mekel to do something different than what he's doing.

Maybe Braeuer makes 3 times as many one-handed passes as Mekel. Braeuer's A/TO ratio over 3 years probably gives him some leeway in one-handed passes.

Mekel's weakness has been his TO's. If Marshall tells Mekel that his one-handed passes are part of the reason for his TO numbers and Mekel disagrees, then there's a question of whether Mekel is "coachable".

Mekel could be tha last holdout for buying into Marshall's plan. It's a while until the season starts. There's time. First impressions are hard to shake. Braeuer is the starter.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X