Clear All

• Well said Dr.

Comment

• Preach it Doc
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Originally posted by Anthony2
        I know SIU people will read this. Let me be clear that not all Shocker fans are so stupid as to suggest the Salukis don't have much talent. Any team that has done what they have done has talent. Doing what Falker and Mullins do is a talent. It wins basketball games. WSU would take both in a heartbeat.

Anthony,

First, no offense, but speak for yourself only please. I don't find 1 person that says SIU has no talent. I specifically said they had MARGINAL talent. I then went on to explain what they do exceptionally well. Perhaps you are need of a more detailed explanation. Some people have athletic talent, others have game smarts, some have huge heart and others have superior basketball skills. Most have some combination of these in various levels.

The SIU team, in my opinion and its an opinion shared by a majority, is more about heart and effort than basketball skill. More about athleticism than game smarts. It doesn't mean they are devoid of these other talents.

As far as SIU fans reading this and being upset or if it gets them "fired up"......who gives a rat's ass? This is a WSU board and this team will shoot off their own fireworks as far as I am concerned.
        Hear! Hear!

Amen too.

Right at the heart on all points.

Comment

• Go Doc!! :lol: :yes: :good:
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Right on Doc.
            I saw your comments as a compliment and not so much a slam to SIU (not that it really matters).

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777
              Right on Doc.
              I saw your comments as a compliment and not so much a slam to SIU (not that it really matters).
              Thanks, and you're right.....It was meant to be a compliment and a testament to what they have accomplished with so little. Their facilities and resources are nothing compared to ours and the fact they have achieved so much success with these shortcomings is amazing. It's about to come to an end......but nevertheless amazing. :D

Comment

• Nicely said, Doc.

I think this will be our year with them Uglies. I think you hit all points right on. I think they'll be a drop-off this year, and it couldn't come sooner enough.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If SIU's recruiting is any indication (and we all know it's hard to say until they get onto the court), don't expect their downturn (if it even happens) to last more than a year or two.

Comment

• I'm curious to see how they do this year. I think they'll struggle unless some non-factor steps up and becomes one this year. Josh Bone? But they're bringing in decent recruits and I wouldn't expect them to struggle for more than 2 years.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I know that I have been a little negative concerning Arby previously, but I just want to say, that if he comes off the bench at the 4 position, I still think he could be very valuable and contribute to the team.

Even though his outside shot may not be the best, at the 4, he could be real instrumental in rebounding and block shots, and being that close to the goal, he could get many put backs or dunks.

He has long arms, and is very athletic, and can jump right over the rim.

And to start the season, with the roster being what it is now (Pre-Orukpe), I do see him coming in at the 4 position. I would like for him to show his stuff some.

We all may have forgotten about Calvin Walls, but how many of you have forgot that tremendous dunk he did in that one game???

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        We all may have forgotten about Calvin Walls, but how many of you have forgot that tremendous dunk he did in that one game???
                        I remember. The 2nd best dunk of the Turgeon era, behind Craig Steven's alley-oop sideline in-bounds pass to Jamie Sowers (Pepperdine game?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          That was a great dunk. I believe we were playing Bradley. It looked like the Red Sea parted, giving Walls a perfect lane to the hoop.

Comment

• Starting 5

I was just looking at how great we were at predicting the starting lineup a couple years ago. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                            X