SG- PJ
    SF-MG
    PF- King Ramon
    C- JT Durley
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan
      Originally posted by Maggie
      While I give MB a ton of credit for sparking the team during its Sweet 16, he is too much of a defensive liability to be a starter. He just does not have the size.
      Don't forget that Matt has led this team in steals for the past two years. From what I understand of Marshall's system, he likes to run full-court presses often and create scoring opportunities off of turnovers. Fast, agile players like Matt work well in that system defensively. Matt might be a defensive liability in half-court sets, but he is one of our best assets in the full-court press.
      As you point out there are positives about MB but games late in the year will be won in the half court – where I do think he is a liability. MB proved me wrong a few years ago and I give him most, if not all, of the credit for getting everyone to execute on offense. But right now I would lean toward Mekel starting but if MB proves to be a better alternative, so be it.

Realistically, I believe MB will start at the beginning of the season; however, I will be disappointed if Mekel is not starting later on in the year. Not because I have anything against MB but because I think, Mekel would not be playing to his potential.

Comment

Perhaps PJ is the only absolute lock to start at this point.

A lot may depend on how we are trying to match up with a specific opponent. Not sure how HCGM looks at match ups and whether he tinkers with his line-up to address match up issues.

My question is, based on the expectation that under HCGM we will be playing a very high intensity game on both ends of the floor, how significant is a Starting 5. Perhaps what we can bring with our Top 9 or 10 players may be more significant than who starts at this point.

Comment

PG - MB
          SG - P.J.
          SF - MG
          PF - RC
          C - PT

GM will get a lot of minutes but will not start - same with JT - a lot of minutes but no starting role. :clap: :goshocks: :clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

I kinda like the following lineup...tell me what you think.

MB
            PJ
            RC
            PT
            JT

Comment

Coach has alot of options and I'm guessing that the starting 5 is subject to change based on what the other team has. I believe he has 8 guys that are capable of starting at any time. This is a very nice problem to have, IMHO. We shouldn't have to worry, like last year, about the next 5 coming in and blowing a good lead.

Initially my 5 would be: MB, PJ, MG, RC, and JT

But PT will probably start and EO will take their spot when he gets here. GM can come in for MB or PJ and Ellis can come in for MG or RC. HCGM has lots of options and I really wouldn't want to have to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22

MB
                PJ
                RC
                PT
                JT
                I've never seen Mantas play in a game, but something tells me if you make first team Juco All-American, you should be starting here.

Comment

PG - Matt B.
                  SG - PJ
                  SF - Mantas
                  PF - Clemente
                  C - Phil

Matt is a leader on this team and he is good enough to be our PG.

Comment

MB
                    PJ
                    RC
                    PT
                    JT
                    I would much rather have a 3rd outside threat. I see RC as a good threat under the basket, but not in any way a perimeter player. Same with Phil. JT might hit a shot occasionally from 15 feet, but that lineup has only 2 players who will ever hit a three.

None of the 3 inside players you mention are perimeter defenders in my opinion.

Well, JT may hit a few 3's, but very few.

Comment

Re: Starting Point

Originally posted by MikeShox
                      MT continued starting MB last year while many fans thought GM should be starting. Now it seems, from everything I have heard HCGM say that he will be starting MB (in spite of all the fans who could tell him he is making a mistake).

From what Coach Marshall said Monday, I don't see Gal taking over the starting job until he completely buys in to Coaches way of doing things (get rid of the one handed pass turnovers).

I guess I'm seeing two very successful Division One coaches who thus far have chosen to stay with Matt over Gal.

I guess I'm amazed that both of these coaches are so much dumber than so many fans.

I personally love Gal and believe that he can rise to superstardom. However, to do so, I believe that he might want to learn that he is not necessarily smarter then his coaches.

I for one certainly got a bit of that feel in Chris Allison's interview of Gal Monday. When discussing that Coach Marshall does not like the one-handed passes, Gal says that the one-handed pass is his game and if it helps the team he will do it. Coach says he doesn't want it and he is the one who will decide who plays.

My opinion? As soon as Gal decides to listen and learn from his coaches, he will dramatically cut down on his turnovers and will be a true star.
                      What i found interesting last night at shocker madness was i saw 1 one handed pass from gal inside for a nice easy layup. I saw Matt with at least 3 one handed passes. Granted they weren't into the paint but still. Gal was very under control and i get the feeling he isn't going to be zipping one handers all over the court just to be flashy. Just something to consider i guess. Plus I got the impression from the other morning when Allison talked to Jeffrey Parson from the eagle that Parson thought that Marshall was leaning to start gal. And I don't think i'm mixing that up with the fact that parsons thought he should start because he brings more to the table.

Comment

To be fair Jeffrey Parson did just flat out say Gal should start

at least im remembering that way.

Comment

One area that keeps MB in the game is his quick release. He has the ability to get shots off from beyond the arch much quicker than a set up shooter like Gal. Also he is much more accurate.
                          I don't think Matt is more accurate at all. he may have a faster release but he cant create his own shot with the ease that gal can. Plus gal has a few inches on him that help with that release when a guy is in front of you. Matts quick release can be a little too quick sometimes. he has a tendency to let a few go to soon and they are pretty offline cus he was to rushed and not as squared up as he should have been. but thats how it has to be when your his size and move at his speed sometimes I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                            To be fair Jeffrey Parson did just flat out say Gal should start

at least im remembering that way.
                            No your right he did. but I'm pretty sure he also said that he thought that Coach was leaning towards starting him also. I could be wrong as im not listening to the podcast this moment for accuracy but i feel pretty sure about what I remember. he did say that he absolutelly thought gal should start though and to take nothing away from matt that he loved him as much as anyone but gal just brings so much more to the table.

Comment

Re: Starting Point

Originally posted by MikeShox
                              I guess I'm amazed that both of these coaches are so much dumber than so many fans.
                              Sometimes I think about skipping the MBB forum on ShockerNet.
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

How it will be at the start

PG - Braeuer
                                SG - Couisnard
                                SF - Griskenas
                                PF - Clemente
                                C - Thomasson

What I would like to see

PG - Mekel
                                SG - Couisnard
                                SF - Griskenas
                                PF - Clemente