No announcement yet.

Georgetown vs. Shockers game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah.. I can not believe how many more free throws they got than us. NO WAY did we foul that much more than them.

Comment

• I have no choice but to agree in reference to the calls in the paint. Not an excuse by any means but get real, call it both ways. Way too many no calls against the hoyas in the paint. Oh well, the effort was wonderful!!

Comment

• Hannah 1-9; Murry 1-8; Durley 1-7. Yikes....

Comment

• Great effort Shocks. Way to not be intimidated. Let's get Sienna tomorrow !!

:wsu_posters: :wsu_posters:

Comment

• I think the team is showing growth. We didn't shoot well and the refs did give the Hoya's the edge of fouls. You expect the foul difference when a MVC team plays a BCS team. We did play good defense, out rebounded them and caused more turn-overs than we gave up. We will take our lumps early on but I think we'll be fine come Valley time.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
              The game wasn't called especially fair. That's just the way it's going to be, playing a Big East team. They are bigger, stronger, longer and more talented than us. Just a fact. We made it a game thru sheer effort and "want-to". We took some bad shots, no big deal, always gonna take a few. I fail to see the attraction with Hawkins, though.
              I'm with you on Hawkins, but his line isn't ALL that bad really for the year so far....

6.5ppg, 47.8% FG%, 4.3 rebs, 2 assists, 1.5 TO's and is leading our team in steals at 1.5 per game.

His 3 point shooting is a big 0% and his FT% is a dismal 40% so that sucks. And I would say him being a one trick pony with just the drive caught him a few times already this year by charging. But I was surprised to see he already has 6 steals on the year.

I know stats don't tell the whole story...defensive/offensive break downs and so on....but still just looking at the paper he isn't our worst player on the floor. I dunno, kinda weird cause I am frustrated by him as well.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I must say I am proud of the team. Stayed with a top 20 team and should have got the lead late.
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo
                  DU, the last minute or so when we "doubled" our deficit was due to our inability to make shots from the field and GT's ability to make their freethrows. The timeout that was taken allowed Marshall to tell the team he wanted them to foul a particular player. After the timeout Marshall was able to see which GT player was on the court and signaled who to foul (#4) and Hannah did after having to chase him down. Marshall substituted two players each time for either offense or defense. So I don't know exactly why you felt the game/time was mismanaged? Go Shox!
                  It was still mismanagement. Again I am pleased but merely seeking to economize without being stingy.

Go Shocks!!!!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• If you had told me before the game that we would be within 1 with 6 minutes left and pretty much in the game until free throws widened the lead in the last minute I would of thought I would be feeling pretty good about today's game.

The fact is I find my self somewhat disappointed because I thought we should have won the game.

Need to value the ball a little better and we need to find some guys that can make some baskets. We are supposed to be good shooting team, but so far it is not carrying over to games. The exception today was David Kyles who stepped up big time.

I guess the fact the I felt disappointed that we did not win the game is actually a positive.

Hopefully, the guys learned a lot from today, including the fact that they are capable of playing with the Big Boys. The effort, once the 2nd team showed the way was definitely there today.

:goshocks:

Comment

• Did anyone happen to notice that just before the game started, ESPN showed some highlights spliced together to introduce "The Feast" (as they called the tournament) and in those highlights you saw a banner with the name "Terrapins" on it, you saw Bruce Pearl, and, lo and behold, you saw Turgeon -- Turgeon???? Doesn't ESPN update their highlights of teams. This was from TWO YEARS ago. Cripes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        IF we aren't intimidated, we can hang we these guys. If not then we are in for a long day.

To me, it seems like there is no better time than NOW to step up to the plate and announce that our brief hiatus from relevance is over.

Let's go get 'em. Good luck to all for a safe and intense game with no injuries.

Happy Thanksgiving and GO SHOCKS!!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                        Key words - IF we aren't intimidated.

We got comfortable in the second half. This experience will be great for us later on.

I told Teresa that if we lost by less than 10, I would be happy. With a couple of breaks and without jitters, the Shocks might have won the game.

Comment

• Nice game overall by the Shocks. I am officially off suicide watch (for now...). If they can play with that energy and desire in every single game, I could see us winning 18 games. However, this team has got some serious shooting deficiencies, and that is still my biggest concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                            Hannah 1-9; Murry 1-8; Durley 1-7. Yikes....
                            Whoa! 3 for 24.

Comment

• Shockers were just call for a foul in the paint yes its a shooting foul. Georgetown 2 more free throws.
                              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• 1. I think Reggie plays better against the taller and more athletic players than Hannah does.

2. We will see Kyles' minutes grow, game by game.

3. Garrett was bewildered most of the time, but it was a great experience for him against a very fine player.

4. We will see a line-up change soon. Maybe tomorrow.

5. I liked Coach Marshall's game management, particularly the change up defenses.

6. We were and are tough on the boards. Shockers lead the Valley in rebounds again this year.

7. I am not a big fan of Hatch. In a way, he reminds me of Ogirri. If left wide open, he can nail the shots. With a hand in his face, not so much. He cannot create his own shot. This is where David K. comes in sooner or later.

8. I am biased, but I thought GU got the better end of the foul calls.

9. The team played with heart. It never quit.

10. This experience will serve the Shockers well throughout the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X